{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 pm

If the money was right I'd let Rose go and bring a defender we desperately need.
He signed a new deal recently so will be on good money aswell.
I think Graham looks and outstanding prospect and is clearly good enough meaning he's old enough.
Walker and Davies first choice
Angol and Graham back up
With Khan and Sterling James options playing behind 1 up top.

It's about having balance not favourites...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:02 pm

I like Ando! I hope Pearce is sorted! Rose can`t go! Angol can unless he proves he`s good enough!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Rose is twice the player that Angol will ever be, we would be crackers to sell Danny Rose.

£200,000 for Lee Angol is crazy money, if it's true id snap their hands off.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:47 pm

It's got to be rose who didn't do well when Evans left.
He's not played pre season and we haven't missed him.
A very good player but if he doesn't want to be here then thank you but goodbye.
Hope the posh have enough money for him.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:57 pm

Ok, DF ain't no diplomat, maybe he should have been more careful with his comments.

Could this be the scenario, DF tells Anderson if he wants to play for the club you need to take a pay cut, Ando says no, my contract is for £Xs you should honour it. DF says tough, you are out.

In the end, Ando wll either kick his heals sitting on what we perceive is a good deal or come to an arrangement with the club and leave, either way it will cost the club money with nothing in return.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:54 am

Best preseason ever and Danny didn't kick a ball. It'll be Danny to The Pish as JR recoups some of the money Evans cost him.

Danny is a good striker on his day, but for me spends too much time falling over. Good but not great.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:24 am

Sneag wrote:Danny is a good striker on his day, but for me spends too much time falling over. Good but not great.

For me, this hits the nail on the head.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:28 am

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Unless Paul Anderson is a wrong 'un and setting a bad example to the young players (which I very much doubt) then this looks like very poor man management by David Flitcroft. It does not look like Paul Anderson is going anywhere and we will probably need him at some time this season. He needs to find a way to motivate Paul Anderson and keep him involved. I wonder what JR thinks about this. I wouldn't be happy as a Chairman to see a highly paid player just playing with the youth team. This is not good news.

We also need to hang on to Danny Rose and Lee Angol. Neil Warnock always says you are only as good as your front three and you need six strikers in your squad.

Well no surprise you jump on him first chance you get Darren! I am prepared, as I said above, to wait to see what was actually said rather than leap to conclusions. I'd have no problem if we got good money for Angol, he has been very disappointing and we desperately need to strengthen at the back due to injuries. As for having 6 strikers, you truly have departed this earth and moved to a new planet :lol:

Know what I mean. Can’t wait to slate the manager. What a belter
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 am

oldweststander wrote:Ok, DF ain't no diplomat, maybe he should have been more careful with his comments.

Could this be the scenario, DF tells Anderson if he wants to play for the club you need to take a pay cut, Ando says no, my contract is for £Xs you should honour it. DF says tough, you are out.

In the end, Ando wll either kick his heals sitting on what we perceive is a good deal or come to an arrangement with the club and leave, either way it will cost the club money with nothing in return.

Wasn't there something on here a while ago (probably when the transfer list came out ) where Anderson said he knew he was not in the manager's plans and he would do his best to find another club

I agree the alleged high wage is the problem.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:29 am

It looks like Neil Aspin has a similar problem at Port Vale with Tyrone Barnett and Joe Davis training with the youth team but I doubt they are on Paul Anderson's wages.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... al-1842646

The transfer deadline is next Thursday and the loan deadline is the end of August. I think a loan is more likely although Paul Anderson would still be a very good player to have in our squad. He can play right back, right wing and also as a No 10. We've come a long way from having to sign players like Alex Fisher and Fergus Bell in 2014.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:34 am

Stoney wrote:£200,000 for Lee Angol is crazy money, if it's true id snap their hands off.

We probably paid around that amount to sign him. He is our record signing. I would not blame JR if he wanted to cash out and recoup his money.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:43 am

Some of you lot make me laugh, Rose is not that good etc - he’s the only guy proven to get double figures in our strike force :lol:

I can understand recouping money on Angol, but I think it’s to early personally.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 am

To me it doesn’t really matter whether people think Rose or Angol are good enough or not. The fact is we have 4 out and out proper strikers at the club and a youth lad coming up. Sterling can fill in if need be but I wouldn’t class him as a proper striker. Bare minimum for me with how we play with 2 up top.

it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that there will be a period where 2 of our main men could be out at the same time and then we start to look thin. You’ve got to have some quality coming in to the side or we’ll struggle.

The way I see it is if we only had Davies, Walker, Angol and Graham I think everyone would be clamouring for us to sign another striker before the window closes as there’s no guarantee that attack will be any stronger than last season - at the moment with Rose in there it is.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:04 am

Personally would not sell either but on the flip side don't see either being first choice so at the kind of money you are talking it's a tough call.

Anderson seems a nice guy and think that is why he gets looked on more favourably but while we don't know what goes on behind closed doors the only logical conclusion we can draw that its about the money. If he is on anything above £3k a week he is not value for that money. I would argue he is worth about half that at the maximum.

I don't agree with managers falling out with players publicly but if Anderson wants to play for the club but only on his current terms that's a bit different. Not saying DF couldn't have handled it better but some do seem keen to jump straight at him still.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 am

Paul Anderson seems to have the support of a lot of Ipswich Town fans and Zander Diamond's wife on Twitter.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Have we missed Rose in the PSF n apart for a couple of penalties Angol is still ploughing a lazy furrow.....

But dont tell Mezz ....

Sell both imo

Davis Walker Graham can carry the Stags to promotion
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:29 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Rob wrote:As for having 6 strikers, you truly have departed this earth and moved to a new planet :lol:

Just sharing the words and wisdom of Mr Warnock Rob who might know a few things about winning promotion. :lol: ;)

As regards Paul Anderson, it would have been interesting reading your views if Steve Evans had acted in this manner :lol: ;)

As I said above Darren, if what was reported is true then I am surprised and disappointed in DF, however, it appears that it was a bit of journalistic licence and indeed it was not meant as portrayed. It's a tough situation for any manager to be in, to inherit players you just don't fancy, especially when they are on a good wage - however, I still think these players should be treated with respect, after all, it is not their fault clubs have paid them high salaries.

I would sell Angol and keep Rose, it would leave us with 5 strikers which is more than enough. It would also mean OSJ and Graham are more likely to be given a chance and for me, both absolutely deserve it.

As for 6 strikers, I do not think we have ever had 6 out and out strikers, I very much doubt Warnock did at Scarborough either :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:29 am

Its all very confusing but I think the Rose situation has been bubbling around since the fat and greasy Judas left and Rose was highly protected under him.

We need a top defender so my view would be to off load Angol as I think he will always be one of those players with moments of brilliance but will be a stroller in some games and will drift in and out of top form and goals scored.

Rose has potential and is liked but I feel he has become a little bit outside the magic circle but as always we never know what goes on behind them closed doors even with little morsels thrown to us on twitter and ......my mate heard!!!!
Certainly a defender for a striker seems to be the best way forward as I think KP going to be a problem which we could do without at this very crucial time.
Last edited by tillydog123 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 am

My own theory is similar to what's been said:

I don't believe DF wants to sell any strikers, but as mentioned he's having his hand forced in order to bolster our defence. I suspect Rose was always the one attracting interest and most likely to go, so DF has played friendlies without him to see how we fare. Partly to let his new players gel and partly to see if he has reason to ask JR to retain him if we weren't netting goals. Now it seems we can score without him JR is adamant it's time to lighten our load. Davey boy had hoped to avoid this eventuality by signing Cameron, but now its not happened he has no other choice.

Personally I think it's a season too early to rely on new players and Graham, given the signings made over summer. We've got a good shout at promotion with the squad, so selling one of the prized assets seems a step backwards. It'll unfortunately put DF under fire if because of that we're not higher in the league

I hope there's no substance to this and we retain Rose & Angol. If at all perhaps loan a few players out to ease finances and maybe get a loan defender in return.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 am

Danny Rose went off form shortly after David Flitcroft arrived and he has not looked happy since. I would definitely keep Danny but it will not surprise me if he becomes signing No 16 for Peterborough. Hopefully Carolyn will persuade JR and David Flitcroft not to sell.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

Please can I remind others that Davies and Walker have only scored ONE more goal than Rose in pre-season!

These two plus a youth Teamer plus a lad who was loaned out last season are not enough for promotion.

Walker has not overly impressed so far and will need pressure from Rose to keep him sharp.

Walker is also on loan so we have no investment in him. Unless someone offers silly money for either Rose or Angol then we must say no thanks.
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chacawab » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:59 am

Also this talk of selling to free up funds for a CB. If Cameron had stayed fit would he have played for beans?

Has DF blown the budget on Walker when we already had Rose?

We've always needed to offload high earners/low value-for-money players like Diamond, Butcher or Anderson, not investments like Rose or Angol.
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 am

Has my bedsit been subject to a mysterious gaseous leak rendering me unconscious and hence I have missed the departure of Sterling James. The lads hardly getting a mention
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:04 am

Chacawab wrote:Please can I remind others that Davies and Walker have only scored ONE more goal than Rose in pre-season!

These two plus a youth Teamer plus a lad who was loaned out last season are not enough for promotion.

Walker has not overly impressed so far and will need pressure from Rose to keep him sharp.

Walker is also on loan so we have no investment in him. Unless someone offers silly money for either Rose or Angol then we must say no thanks.

Agree, Davies and Walker are still an unknown quality. Davies has looked good, Walker has looked ok, lacking sharpness, showing a few 'Angol' traits early on, so to put all our stock behind those two would be worrying to me.

OSJ has not been mentioned because he's not a striker. Another smoke and mirrors trick played by Evans. He hasn't played a single minute as a striker in pre-season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:10 am

I think all of David Flitcroft's signings will have been very expensive wages wise. We have the largest playing budget in our history and we do have to comply with the Salary Cost Management Protocol (the League 1 and League 2 version of Financial Fair Play).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum