{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

David Mirfin

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

David Mirfin

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Has Mirfin been seen around this week?

Just wondered if he was in the frame for season's start?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Re: David Mirfin

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:23 pm

I saw a photo of him in the gym doing some leg exercises on the official site a couple of days back.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks for that SoS
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:39 pm

I’ve seen him twice. Once when I was driving past and when I went to pick my st up yesterday he’s looking really strong
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:50 pm

You're welcome oldwestander. From memory, he had weights strapped to his ankles and was obviously doing strengthening work post re-hab so maybe not up to speed for first team training yet.

On a separate note, back in the day did you ever hear the battle cry "com'on me bonnies" from your location? Often wondered if the guy still goes. Lower terrace (standing) about 2/3rds of the way to the north stand. The night we beat Scunny 7-0 I was sure we were going to have to call an ambulance for the guy. Last time I ever saw anything that purple it was on the veg stall the two brothers used to run on the market place and being sold as beetroot!!
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Remember the shout although can't place the bloke who shouted it.

Good old days eh
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby waddostag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:46 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:You're welcome oldwestander. From memory, he had weights strapped to his ankles and was obviously doing strengthening work post re-hab so maybe not up to speed for first team training yet.

On a separate note, back in the day did you ever hear the battle cry "com'on me bonnies" from your location? Often wondered if the guy still goes. Lower terrace (standing) about 2/3rds of the way to the north stand. The night we beat Scunny 7-0 I was sure we were going to have to call an ambulance for the guy. Last time I ever saw anything that purple it was on the veg stall the two brothers used to run on the market place and being sold as beetroot!!

Was he the same guy who was always shouting ,"come on you toe rags"
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Wilfred » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:21 pm

waddostag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:You're welcome oldwestander. From memory, he had weights strapped to his ankles and was obviously doing strengthening work post re-hab so maybe not up to speed for first team training yet.

My old, and sadly departed, friend Bob Maddison used to shout those two refrains. Back in the day (and I'm talking about the 1960's) it was in, and from, the North Stand.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Wilfred wrote:
waddostag wrote:

My old, and sadly departed, friend Bob Maddison used to shout those two refrains. Back in the day (and I'm talking about the 1960's) it was in, and from, the North Stand.

Wilfred I last saw Bob in full kit at Alfreton away in the non league Days what a character he was , late 70s along with Bruff n co crazy gang and all die hard staggies..
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:09 pm

Wilfred wrote:
waddostag wrote:

With greatest respect, however long delayed

RIP Bob
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bex » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:57 pm

kyle b wrote:I’ve seen him twice. Once when I was driving past and when I went to pick my st up yesterday he’s looking really strong

Yep sure it was him signing a shirt as he was walking out yesterday,big fella :)
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bux46 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 am

Wilfred wrote:
waddostag wrote:

Was this the same guy that used to start the Zigger Zagger chant ?? ... Oh what memories
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby old stag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:20 am

Just for the record back in the 1950’s C’mon mi Bonnies could be heard from the Bishop Street stand as the boys emerged from the old changing rooms, onto our sloping pitch. As a mark of respect it can still be heard in the IG upper and I’m not ashamed to admit it and on the odd occasion I can’t make it I delegate the responsibility to one of my relatives COYS.
old stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby west country stag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:34 am

old stag wrote:Just for the record back in the 1950’s C’mon mi Bonnies could be heard from the Bishop Street stand as the boys emerged from the old changing rooms, onto our sloping pitch. As a mark of respect it can still be heard in the IG upper and I’m not ashamed to admit it and on the odd occasion I can’t make it I delegate the responsibility to one of my relatives COYS.

I can remember the shout , when i first went to the Stags in 1954 , sat in the old Bishop Street Stand with my mum & dad .
Also the old lady that walked around the pitch , with her tray selling goods ... good old days .
Then later into the North Stand , where the choir was born ...
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:35 am

Just bringing this back to the original subject, wasn't it stated around the time of the retained list being released that Mirfin probably wouldn't be fit for first team football until the second half of the season ?
Dave Wayne
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:20 am

Dave Wayne wrote:Just bringing this back to the original subject, wasn't it stated around the time of the retained list being released that Mirfin probably wouldn't be fit for first team football until the second half of the season ?

yes. Whether that has changed, we will have to wait for an update.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:25 am

I don't recall that being said Dave but I do remember DF saying Mirfin had a great deal of work to do over the Summer.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:45 am

I heard he wouldn’t be fit until way into the new calendar year.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Blimy?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:04 pm

part time pete wrote:I heard he wouldn’t be fit until way into the new calendar year.

and before people start moaning about paying the wages of someone injured, don't the club have a duty of care? wishing a speedy recovery to david
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:46 pm

it was a knee injury Mirfin picked up at Blackpool from which he has yet to return

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=898
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Neither Mirfin or diamond will be involved with the first team again, specially when a third centre half comes in.
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby abc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:20 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:Neither Mirfin or diamond will be involved with the first team again, specially when a third centre half comes in.
:coys:

How do you know this ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:it was a knee injury Mirfin picked up at Blackpool from which he has yet to return

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=898

He is still in Blackpool, Martin?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum