{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

International Academy

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

International Academy

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:19 pm

I’ve been looking through all the latest plans and stuff one the MDC website regarding the Hilton hotel and new training ground and the reference “International Academy” keeps coming up.

Does anyone know what this is and what it entails. It’s the first ive seen of it.

Maybe a question for Sir Steve Hymas as I feel it’s linked to the current youth academy.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Re: International Academy

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 pm

I did also notice that and put it down to long term ambitions for the club.

The key is to be seen as a club who develop talent successfully and convert that talent into professional players.

The youth team is current evidence that we can develop talent, the next step is pushing them into full time players.

Do that successfully and regularly enough you'll get some decent foreign youth players interested in joining the club (those not already signed to premier league teams as the next Messi or Ronaldo of course).
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Re: International Academy

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Caution.......... Isn't that what Cheaterfield tried to do and it ended in a farce.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum