{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What are we expacting then...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: What are we expacting then...

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Evans did have a decently slow start, but he had credit at the time as he ended the previous season strongly.

Flitcroft did absolutely nothing in his games with us, he took us from nearly the top 3 to outside the playoffs producing dreadful football which was relegation form and not winning in 6 home games despite everyone bar Accrington being easily beatable.

He has no excuses, he has no honeymoon he has no credit. Yes arguing for him out in August would be clearly ridiculous, if we’re nowhere near the playoffs come 10 games/end of October id be expecting him to be rightfully under immense pressure.

Of course not everyone will agree and they’ll be plenty of happy clappers.

I’ve absolutely no faith in him at all, but I will start the season with a clean slate and will give him some time, but he can’t afford a slow start.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm

So if we disagree with you were happy clappers it really beggars belief
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 pm

spanishstag wrote:So if we disagree with you were happy clappers it really beggars belief

Never said that. There would be fans out there who would back the manager if we were 24th after 10 games.

Given his record at the end of last season, you’d expect most seasoned fans to expect a good start
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Yes but your pre loading the doubts adam ,i know your against him ,but the blokes got integrity ,honesty and i think hes got the skills to if given the chance get us to a far better place than the fat mercenary every time i listen to him he says what we really should be doing bring in a few young uns and play a high tempo game lets just give him a season at least
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 pm

The only person “pre loading” doubts over flitcroft was himself with his dreadful run of results. No-one else.

He will get time, but he’s no honeymoon period, no sympathy. He needs to perform
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 pm

adamstag wrote:The only person “pre loading” doubts over flitcroft was himself with his dreadful run of results. No-one else.

He will get time, but he’s no honeymoon period, no sympathy. He needs to perform

he will have to Christmas, JR will always back his man
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:The only person “pre loading” doubts over flitcroft was himself with his dreadful run of results. No-one else.

I’m inclined to agree, he’s not trigger happy. He didn’t want to sack Murray, but had to. It could be argued had he done so a few weeks earlier, the fat one might have got us into the playoffs that season
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

If the normal levels of patience exerted on here are anything to go by “time” will mean 30 minutes of the first game if things aren’t going too well.

We need to forget last season for now and see where we are after 10-15 games. If things are not as they should be by then act accordingly.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 am

G B wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

If the normal levels of patience exerted on here are anything to go by “time” will mean 30 minutes of the first game if things aren’t going too well.

We need to forget last season for now and see where we are after 10-15 games. If things are not as they should be by then act accordingly.

No one will forget last season though. Its was nailed on play offs and we blew it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:17 am

adamstag wrote:Evans did have a decently slow start, but he had credit at the time as he ended the previous season strongly.

Flitcroft did absolutely nothing in his games with us, he took us from nearly the top 3 to outside the playoffs producing dreadful football which was relegation form and not winning in 6 home games despite everyone bar Accrington being easily beatable.

He has no excuses, he has no honeymoon he has no credit. Yes arguing for him out in August would be clearly ridiculous, if we’re nowhere near the playoffs come 10 games/end of October id be expecting him to be rightfully under immense pressure.

I’ve absolutely no faith in him at all, but I will start the season with a clean slate and will give him some time, but he can’t afford a slow start.

Your right mate I don't agree. You've no faith in him, says it all. My guess is you will be on his back well before the end of August.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:06 am

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:Evans did have a decently slow start, but he had credit at the time as he ended the previous season strongly.

Your right mate I don't agree. You've no faith in him, says it all. My guess is you will be on his back well before the end of August.

I'll give well before the start of August.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:09 am

I would take top 3. The bookies are normally right. I`d like to win. He`s made his mistakes. We can`t allow too many more. I`ve always thought that Crawley and Stevenage were crap!
Perhaps it`s a southern thing.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:38 am

Mid table & anything above that is a bonus .
Feeling a bit meh about the new season
We dream the same dream we want the same thing
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am

Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

10 games is fair to see where we’re at.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am

Posted this on another thread....

Wandering what people think of the squad at the minute.... to say we were right up there until massive changes happened the squad can't be that bad..

Preston and Pearce will be the preferred partnership and I think they will do well. White and Benning at full back, playing each week gaining consistency and not being dropped every other game.
Bishop in the middle with someone lively like Macca or Mellis sounds like a good midfield. Cj OSJ or again Macca playing out wide. And with Rose and possibly this Walker lad upfront, its not looking too bad!

Not sure we really need that many more signings, I'm quite happy.

After seeing his press conference, I think he's massively struggling to bring players in while we have the 5 on the transfer list. I really feel that if they can't be shifted they will be the reason why DF can't fully get his ideal squad together. Think we have a decent enough squad to do well. Yes we need to strengthen at the back and upfront and add some creativity in the middle but I don't think were that far off.

I would give him two seasons. IF he get play offs this year with pretty much the same squad then great, give him the season after to fully build his own team.
Sedgwick
First Team
First Team

Postby Foxy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:27 am

A mundane opening 3 months with a strong chance of mid table with an occasional flirt with the play.offs.

And. Ow it's back over to the news where you are.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am

adamstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It possibly is, but where as you think the "happy clappers" will support anything, I think you and the rest of the "moan monkeys" will be on his back during the pre season friendlys.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:23 pm

The One wrote:
G B wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

No one will forget last season though. Its was nailed on play offs and we blew it.

Yes we blew it. It’s not going to charge anything though if we keep doting on it every time we lose a game this season. Some want to blame Flitcroft for all of it. I go along with the theory that it was a 3 way problem of Evans leaving / players bottling it / Flitcroft changing too much. We can debate last season all we like but if we all try and be positive towards next season I’d suggest it won’t do any harm.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Would this be the same Evans who'd already had a transfer window, with 20+ games in charge (prior to season run-in), only to finish the 16/17 season losing 5 out of the last 12 games?
VS
Flitcroft, who had no transfer window, no games in charge and lost 4 out of the last 12 games of the 17/18 season?

End of their 1st respective seasons DF got 12 points from 12 games as opposed to Evans who got 15 from 12 - hardly a gulf in stats, or strong finish for Evans :lol:

As i say, some do not give DF the same grace as SE, seems pure and simple to me. I do appreciate DF inherited a team in form and made mistakes, but a team that didn't hit form for the 1st 25 odd games last season, which was ran by a manager who'd had a year in charge and by the time he left us high in the league also had 2 transfer windows.

If you're going to assemble a gallows bud, at least make sure you buy the right timber! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:44 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Would this be the same Evans who'd already had a transfer window, with 20+ games in charge (prior to season run-in), only to finish the 16/17 season losing 5 out of the last 12 games?
VS
Flitcroft, who had no transfer window, no games in charge and lost 4 out of the last 12 games of the 17/18 season?

End of their 1st respective seasons DF got 12 points from 12 games as opposed to Evans who got 15 from 12 - hardly a gulf in stats, or strong finish for Evans :lol:

As i say, some do not give DF the same grace as SE, seems pure and simple to me. I do appreciate DF inherited a team in form and made mistakes, but a team that didn't hit form for the 1st 25 odd games last season, which was ran by a manager who'd had a year in charge and by the time he left us high in the league also had 2 transfer windows.

If you're going to assemble a gallows bud, at least make sure you buy the right timber! ;)

How many points weee accumulated in the 12 games for both? Lol

Pre season friendlies mean nothing though - so not bothered about results there.

I hope that he has got his house in order regarding tactics over the summer and with the right signings we can have a great season
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:49 pm

adamstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Adam - we all know your position and what you think of Flitcroft. Do have to repeatedly post it in a way that indicates that you really hope that he fails? If a miracle does occur and he is successful, will you devote as much time pointing out how wrong you were and what an arse you are for wanting rid of a manager after a dozen games?
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Waggy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Adam - we all know your position and what you think of Flitcroft. Do have to repeatedly post it in a way that indicates that you really hope that he fails? If a miracle does occur and he is successful, will you devote as much time pointing out how wrong you were and what an arse you are for wanting rid of a manager after a dozen games?

You make it sound like I was the one and only fan that wanted him out. Get a grip
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Wow... just imagine if we had made the playoffs and then got promoted with this current squad of players. We'd be looking to bring in 16 new players because this squad are so bad...

They nearly made it last year, we haven't lost many of the squad and are hopefully making a few key signings to strengthen.

Dare to dream.

Email me at happy.clapper@stagsnet.net

:)
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:07 pm

Gruff wrote:Wow... just imagine if we had made the playoffs and then got promoted with this current squad of players. We'd be looking to bring in 16 new players because this squad are so bad...

They nearly made it last year, we haven't lost many of the squad and are hopefully making a few key signings to strengthen.

Dare to dream.

Email me at happy.clapper@stagsnet.net

:)

Doesn't work ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:15 pm

You make it sound like I was the one and only fan that wanted him out. Get a grip

I need to get a grip??????
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum