{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Desperately Seeking !

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Desperately Seeking !

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:53 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I think Yorkshire Stag needs the bat removing from his rear-home!
:lol:

Fixed it for ya Cassells! :P

Only joking Yorkie, it's always good to hear the 'Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum!' of Filey! ;)

:lol: no a prob MOTC it’s certainly kept me entertained this close season, been particularly impressed with Gripper & yorkie however hardly testing my stealth skills when they hit my keep net before i even sit down for a brew

:coys:

i’ve placed an ad in the Chad in the missing persons section if anyone wants to chip in for the reward we maybe able to cut a deal with FlipFlops hostage takers or maybe Gripper can use his old SAS skills to abseil the building ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:57 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I think Yorkshire Stag needs the bat removing from his rear-home!

:lol: no a prob MOTC it’s certainly kept me entertained this close season, been particularly impressed with Gripper & yorkie however hardly testing my stealth skills when they hit my keep net before i even sit down for a brew

i’ve placed an ad in the Chad in the missing persons section if anyone wants to chip in for the reward we maybe able to cut a deal with FlipFlops hostage takers or maybe Gripper can use his old SAS skills to abseil the building ?

Dave, he commented on the new Macca contract, maybe his captors allowed him one sentence! Clearly he is waiting for the listed 6 to move on, rightly so, we can't afford to continue the profligacy of the Evans reign. I for one am delighted at how circumspect DF is being and am delighted we are not hearing constant sound bites of guff as we did from his predecessor.
Last edited by Rob on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Dave, he commented on the new Macca contract, maybe his captures allowed him one sentence! Clearly he is waiting for the listed 6 to move on, rightly so, we can't afford to continue the profligacy of the Evans reign. I for one am delighted at how circumspect DF is being and am delighted we are not hearing constant sound bites of guff as we did from his predecessor.

Certainly a different approach Rob that’s for sure, quality winger & ofcourse THAT striker then we are rockin

see you at Gainsborough mate
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm

I think YS is right to question the total lack of PR by both manager and club, come and buy our season tickets and shirts but that's all were saying, you can see by thus message board people are not talking Mansfield town at the moment and there's no buzz around the town.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:37 pm

old ram stag wrote:I think YS is right to question the total lack of PR by both manager and club, come and buy our season tickets and shirts but that's all were saying, you can see by thus message board people are not talking Mansfield town at the moment and there's no buzz around the town.

there's a reason there's not much buzz , we all got our hopes up last year all thinking we were gonna walk the league. think a lot have learnt from that and are taking a more considered approach .

plus it's June and the season doesn't start for another month and a bit
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

I think he's keeping a low profile because the club are struggling to land new signings or move on the transfered ones.

Nothing to do with last year or Evans. If we'd captured a few big ones he'd be out talking everything up, or at least should be...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Jamie wrote:I think he's keeping a low profile because the club are struggling to land new signings or move on the transfered ones.

Nothing to do with last year or Evans. If we'd captured a few big ones he'd be out talking everything up, or at least should be...

i agree
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm

old ram stag wrote:I think YS is right to question the total lack of PR by both manager and club, come and buy our season tickets and shirts but that's all were saying, you can see by thus message board people are not talking Mansfield town at the moment and there's no buzz around the town.

Between a rock and a hard place on this. Do not expect the fine minutiae of any dealings but a weekly press statement on issues would help. All we have had is a post on FB from the CEO ,some people do not use FB.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:57 pm

After last season I’m not surprised the club is keeping quiet. Release info when it’s needed. It seems a quiet transfer window for lots of clubs up to yet but then again it’s really early in the window. Why the need for a press release every few days? When they’re all back training we will get some then!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Jamie wrote:I think he's keeping a low profile because the club are struggling to land new signings or move on the transfered ones.

Not like you to put a negative slant on things. You’re such a ray of sunshine.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

At least he actually comments on matters instead of snide digs at people on every thread.

I think we may well have missed out on a fair few targets so far which is partly why the club are being quiet on updating fans with any transfer activity. As Jamie says if we’d landed a big signing or 2 we’d be talking it up and we’d definitely have heard more from Flitcroft. That said I do think it’s the media team will have been told by the Radfords to keep everything a bit calmer this year. There hasn’t been any ‘a new signing is in the building’ tweets or anything like that, when we do have news it’s just straight to the point so it’s a bit of both.
BH_Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm glad we're keeping a low profile and keeping things quiet until they've been done. Nothing worse than alerting teams to your signings. Plus we saw what happened last season, we were made favourites just because we did our business early & did lots of it.

Im more than happy to be under that radar & not have any high expectations this season. It's better to be the underdog and surprise people than be the Goliath and fall flat on your arse like we did last season.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:03 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

At least he actually comments on matters instead of snide digs at people on every thread.

I think we may well have missed out on a fair few targets so far which is partly why the club are being quiet on updating fans with any transfer activity. As Jamie says if we’d landed a big signing or 2 we’d be talking it up and we’d definitely have heard more from Flitcroft. That said I do think it’s the media team will have been told by the Radfords to keep everything a bit calmer this year. There hasn’t been any ‘a new signing is in the building’ tweets or anything like that, when we do have news it’s just straight to the point so it’s a bit of both.

Bwahahaha.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:16 pm

I'd argue much of it IS down to last year and Evans. Yes our budget is allegedly similar, but I'd bet the majority is already tied up in players we can't offload.

If we can't shift them it means we have less free cash so must try to negotiate harder, meaning talks could take longer or we may end up with less players or lesser quality than hoped. We're effectively playing our hand with several cards missing from it. Sorry if that's a bit too sane to be believable ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

I'd argue much of it IS down to last year and Evans. Yes our budget is allegedly similar, but I'd bet the majority is already tied up in players we can't offload.

If we can't shift them it means we have less free cash so must try to negotiate harder, meaning talks could take longer or we may end up with less players or lesser quality than hoped. We're effectively playing our hand with several cards missing from it. Sorry if that's a bit too sane to be believable ;)

I believe that to be the case too, that we need to shift some out before anymore come in.

And for the anti DF/why is he saying nothing brigade, I would say much better that than the Yorkshire Stag style hissy fit Evans would have been having if he had been told the same.

There's a lot to be said for quiet dignity.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Not sure re alerting other teans to our signings etc, every league team, by now, know who is available. Our almost no action in the transfer market is probabky down to not shifting any of the six that Evans gave a small fortune to. I feel the club will have to come to some arrangements with any of the six who have attracted any interest and pay them off.

Whatever happens, we need two strikers in or we will struggle, yet again, to score regularly.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:17 pm

oldweststander wrote:Not sure re alerting other teans to our signings etc, every league team, by now, know who is available. Our almost no action in the transfer market is probabky down to not shifting any of the six that Evans gave a small fortune to. I feel the club will have to come to some arrangements with any of the six who have attracted any interest and pay them off.

Whatever happens, we need two strikers in or we will struggle, yet again, to score regularly.

Our problem wasn't strikers scoring enough, the problem was midfield and defence not chipping in with goals. but we are now short up front so we do need some additions
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Big yella wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

I believe that to be the case too, that we need to shift some out before anymore come in.

And for the anti DF/why is he saying nothing brigade, I would say much better that than the Yorkshire Stag style hissy fit Evans would have been having if he had been told the same.

1 x David Flitcroft = 1,000 Yorkshire Stags
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

1x David Flitcroft =2,000 EdwinstoweStags :roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:40 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Have I logged on to Mumsnet by mistake?
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:08 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Not sure re alerting other teans to our signings etc, every league team, by now, know who is available. Our almost no action in the transfer market is probabky down to not shifting any of the six that Evans gave a small fortune to. I feel the club will have to come to some arrangements with any of the six who have attracted any interest and pay them off.

Our problem wasn't strikers scoring enough, the problem was midfield and defence not chipping in with goals. but we are now short up front so we do need some additions

Unfortunately the problem is all three, agree that lack of goals from elsewhere put pressure on the front two but Rose lost his way towards the end of the season was it a dip after being excellent or not being suited to the new style of play?
Secondly despite missing way too many towards the end of the season Hemmings was getting a few and we’ll need to replace these goals. Angol could be a good replacement but if we promote him to a starter then I don’t see much threat off the bench. Therefore a decent striker is required as well this window.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:37 pm

I don't recall too many major signings, made by League 2 sides so far. I think that is the time to worry (when other League 2 sides are making note worthy signings and we are not).

I do think the club is taking a more cautious and considered approach as lessons have been learned from the previous manager's scatter gun approach.

As for the "lack of information", I don't think it matters as long things are happening behind the scenes. Why have a press conference if there is nothing concrete to report? Complete waste of time, which could be better used in preparation for next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:47 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Just how old are you?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 am

the irony lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 am

“Lol”

How old are you ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum