{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:01 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Different mentalities I suppose if I knew I wanted one I personally wouldn't take the risk that this would be unpopular enough that there would be some left at this stage but that's just me.

It's not like saving for a season ticket it's 20 quid.

This is the point though, I was under the assumption these memberships would be available all year, even throughout the season, purely because they haven't stated a figure. At other clubs which offer membership schemes there is no official figure.

Effectively people with memberships would have got the opportunity to get tickets before general sale.

It doesn't affect me anyway, but my two housemates and two lads at work have now missed out.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 pm

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Smacks of them receiving a rule book through from the EFL this week, and not being aware of rules prior. First the away ticket prices, now this.

I'll say this again, but we need a 'football person' in some sort of authority at our club. The amount of things we seem to get wrong is stupid.

Thinking of that, what do the Broughtons actually do?

Make knee jerk decisions
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:14 pm

This is baffling. They have essentially reserved every membership card a seat in the QLE. It should never be that way, like Chander says, they could sell 20,000 memberships it would then be upto the individual to purchase a ticket on a first come first served basis.

What will happen if we draw a plum FA Cup tie? Will they get ticket priority?
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:17 pm

Then fans would be saying the club is ripping me off for a membership card the club can't win. We have 3 choices from the end of last season season ticket, membership card or pay on the day it's no good moaning 4 days before the season starts we all had plenty of time to decide. Season ticket for me.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:18 pm

Doesn't affect me either but think the key word is Assumption Chander that's all I'm saying.

I appreciate this assumes members will go to every game (and I hope they do) but can you imagine the alternative sell 2000 and like 500 - 1000 people moaning like hell they can't get a ticket every game.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:20 pm

88BenM wrote:This is baffling. They have essentially reserved every membership card a seat in the QLE. It should never be that way, like Chander says, they could sell 20,000 memberships it would then be upto the individual to purchase a ticket on a first come first served basis.

Yeah says in the rules they get priority after season tickets.

They could have oversold memberships but obviously seen that route as potentially more hassle. Obviously if they haven't pre booked the remaining seats can be sold at full price on matchday.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:22 pm

Maybe extend to a portion of IGL ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Different mentalities I suppose if I knew I wanted one I personally wouldn't take the risk that this would be unpopular enough that there would be some left at this stage but that's just me.

It's not like saving for a season ticket it's 20 quid.

This is the point though, I was under the assumption these memberships would be available all year, even throughout the season, purely because they haven't stated a figure. At other clubs which offer membership schemes there is no official figure.

Effectively people with memberships would have got the opportunity to get tickets before general sale.

It doesn't affect me anyway, but my two housemates and two lads at work have now missed out.

Are you in the QLE this year Chander?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 pm

No unfortunately...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:No unfortunately...

Lol sod off

Nope, kept my season ticket on IGL. THe SPB is too appealing if we are cack and its cold.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:55 pm

QLE capacity - 10% - family area - st(yes there are some of us) = membership cards.
You cannot sell more cards than there are seats available. If there are any seats unsold by match day they can be sold at full price. If the QLE is sold out by match day then people will have to go in the IGL
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:56 pm

88BenM wrote:This is baffling. They have essentially reserved every membership card a seat in the QLE. It should never be that way, like Chander says, they could sell 20,000 memberships it would then be upto the individual to purchase a ticket on a first come first served basis.

I agree Ben but I assume the club will still sell the spare seats (seats not bought by members) on match day at full price subject to the 10% spare capacity requirement. I must admit I thought that the club could sell as many memberships as they wanted and tickets would go on sale on a first come first served basis. This would encourage fans to buy tickets for the forthcoming games to guarantee a [cheap] seat.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:00 pm

The membership card, like season tickets, does not relate to cup games
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:38 pm

Bros wrote:QLE capacity - 10% - family area - st(yes there are some of us) = membership cards.
You cannot sell more cards than there are seats available. If there are any seats unsold by match day they can be sold at full price. If the QLE is sold out by match day then people will have to go in the IGL

They do at other clubs with membership
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:24 pm

I didn't think you could sell out the memberships?

Was going to get one this week :lol:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Bros wrote:QLE capacity - 10% - family area - st(yes there are some of us) = membership cards.

They do at other clubs with membership

I would have thought that the club would be eager to sell more than there are seats available.

The figures work out that with a capacity of just under 2,000 - 10% - family blocks there are around 1,000.

For me this would make the ideal figure to sell around 1,500 that way you are creating a demand and you would then hopefully know by Weds/Thurs that the QL end would be full. If your a member and don't go to get your ticket early enough tough luck, that was the gamble you took being a member instead of a season ticket holder.

I don't know if SAG have put restrictions on the number, but if not this seems a little short sighted to me.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Perhaps the club didn't expect it to be so popular and thought they were losing too much money with the half price tickets.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Another pr disaster ,when will we learn
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:48 pm

Let's face it, the lower west is going to be very sparsely populated so why not leave the family section where it was and continue selling memberships, easy???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Let's face it, the lower west is going to be very sparsely populated so why not leave the family section where it was and continue selling memberships, easy???

To easy. That's the problem.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Let's face it, the lower west is going to be very sparsely populated so why not leave the family section where it was and continue selling memberships, easy???

Yep, I don't understand that one.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Does this mean you can’t buy a ticket for the QLE unless you are a member.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby lancer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Rob wrote:

Yep, I don't understand that one.

What it could be, is that sometimes at HT and FT fans go down in front of the Family section and hurl dogs abuse and profanities to the opposition Players / managers.
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

part time pete wrote:Does this mean you can’t buy a ticket for the QLE unless you are a member.

No , over 600 to buy online and print off for Newport game
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:27 pm

No one can ever accuse the club of not making the simple task of attending a game of football as complicated as a task on The Crystal Maze.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum