{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:43 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

I noticed last week that all the signs for the family sectionnow lead to QLE. I presure therefore that this has been moved from bottom of Ian Greaves?
If this is the case will it be necessary to provide a segregation within the Quarry Lane.?
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:00 am

robeyre wrote:I noticed last week that all the signs for the family sectionnow lead to QLE. I presure therefore that this has been moved from bottom of Ian Greaves?
If this is the case will it be necessary to provide a segregation within the Quarry Lane.?

Only family tickets in block A & B I heard someone ask in the
Ticket shop this morning
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Amberheart wrote:
robeyre wrote:I noticed last week that all the signs for the family sectionnow lead to QLE. I presure therefore that this has been moved from bottom of Ian Greaves?

Only family tickets in block A & B I heard someone ask in the
Ticket shop this morning

Cheers. Makes a lot of sense.
I just hope the new QLE members remember that there's lots of impressionable kids within earshot
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:They need a better, fairer way then Belly. It can't be right that any club is fundamentally attempting to rinse one set of patrons over another set. That goes for every club. Especially when you take travelling costs in to account.

I agree about fairness and the away fans should be charged the same as the home fans but we should do what every other club does.

Should change more for the pies though :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Thank God for the membership scheme.
£24 to sit in the IGL, on the day, is ridiculous for this level of football. The only way the attendances might hold up this season, is because of the membership scheme, and the mass migration it will bring to QL stand.
It seems like the club is against growing the fan base, is happy to keep the same punters, milks them until the cost of attending becomes prohibitive, and then loses them.
Believe me, £24, in our area, is a prohibitive amount to attend a football match.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm

bigalstag wrote:Thank God for the membership scheme.
£24 to sit in the IGL, on the day, is ridiculous for this level of football. The only way the attendances might hold up this season, is because of the membership scheme, and the mass migration it will bring to QL stand.
It seems like the club is against growing the fan base, is happy to keep the same punters, milks them until the cost of attending becomes prohibitive, and then loses them.
Believe me, £24, in our area, is a prohibitive amount to attend a football match.

A reminder that this was John Radford's explanation about the Quarry Lane membership. He talks about wanting to grow the fanbase.

"The advantage of the Quarry Lane membership is that you get half price tickets. You do have to buy the ticket at least a day before the game because we have to be able to police that and know the numbers for that, and you have not got a guaranteed seat. So you've not got the same seat every game. It's not the same as having a season ticket. The reason that deal was put out there was to generate atmosphere there (Quarry Lane end) as well as Q block. So that could be the new North Stand. I used to love the North stand (for home fans), but we can't get that back for the fans as it's a policing issue, so that's not on the immediate agenda. Any business ... you have got to look after your loyal customers ... but you have to encourage new customers, and to allow 12-18 year olds to get in for half price allows them the ability to get to 5 or 6 games and then encourage them next year to go and get a season ticket. It creates a bit more of a younger atmosphere over there and create numbers over there and try and fill the stadium."
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:04 pm

in top three playing good football the fans will come, mid table, not playing well, they won't
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Thank God for the membership scheme.

A reminder that this was John Radford's explanation about the Quarry Lane membership. He talks about wanting to grow the fanbase.

"The advantage of the Quarry Lane membership is that you get half price tickets. You do have to buy the ticket at least a day before the game because we have to be able to police that and know the numbers for that, and you have not got a guaranteed seat. So you've not got the same seat every game. It's not the same as having a season ticket. The reason that deal was put out there was to generate atmosphere there (Quarry Lane end) as well as Q block. So that could be the new North Stand. I used to love the North stand (for home fans), but we can't get that back for the fans as it's a policing issue, so that's not on the immediate agenda. Any business ... you have got to look after your loyal customers ... but you have to encourage new customers, and to allow 12-18 year olds to get in for half price allows them the ability to get to 5 or 6 games and then encourage them next year to go and get a season ticket. It creates a bit more of a younger atmosphere over there and create numbers over there and try and fill the stadium."

I think it's a great offer & can see the clubs way of thinking .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Memberships sold out.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Memberships sold out.

How come was there ever a figure put on it?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Memberships sold out.

How come was there ever a figure put on it?

What ? Was going to get mine in the morning.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 pm

Quarry Lane memberships have now sold out ahead of the 2018-19 season. The club has reached its capacity for sales of Quarry Lane memberships, when also accounting for 10% of the stand to remain vacant to comply with EFL regulations as well as blocks A and B of the Quarry Lane Stand now designated as the new Family Area.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Says in the article, now the new family area is there and they have to allow 10% to be empty so must have sold the rest.

Can't sell seats that aren't there so sounds like it's been a cracking success on those figures.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Pee poor PR by the club again
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 pm

hmmm thats suggesting membership folk will go to every game... another own goal....

people won't be paying full price wihtout a membership
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 pm

The One wrote:Pee poor PR by the club again

In what way now?? Only stands to reason you can only sell as many seats as you have available.

We kick off in 4 days time it's not like people haven't had time to get it done.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Ha ha this is unbelievable.
How can you not give a figure of how many memberships were available?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Ha ha this is unbelievable.
How can you not give a figure of how many memberships were available?

Exactly. They could have stated only x amount of memberships available
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:53 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:
The One wrote:Pee poor PR by the club again

In what way now?? Only stands to reason you can only sell as many seats as you have available.

We kick off in 4 days time it's not like people haven't had time to get it done.

You're missing the point , if people knew a figure of how many were left available they may have purchased earlier instead of waiting till 4 days before and missing out completely.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Yeh, You could sell 20000 membership. its then up to the fans to get their tickets early. If the tickets sell out that tough tits

Having a membership shouldn't guarantee a ticket. It doesn't at other clubs......
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Smacks of them receiving a rule book through from the EFL this week, and not being aware of rules prior. First the away ticket prices, now this.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Different mentalities I suppose if I knew I wanted one I personally wouldn't take the risk that this would be unpopular enough that there would be some left at this stage but that's just me.

It's not like saving for a season ticket it's 20 quid.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Smacks of them receiving a rule book through from the EFL this week, and not being aware of rules prior. First the away ticket prices, now this.

I'll say this again, but we need a 'football person' in some sort of authority at our club. The amount of things we seem to get wrong is stupid.

Thinking of that, what do the Broughtons actually do?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Memberships sold out.

Pleased I got mine yesterday. Looks like it's been a great success
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager