{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:48 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Truly fabulous footage from our two pitchside cameramen of Mal Benning's winner at Chesterfield will have you in tears of joy. Midday tomorrow.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Truly fabulous footage from our two pitchside cameramen of Mal Benning's winner at Chesterfield will have you in tears of joy. Midday tomorrow.

Can't wait to see it Marty
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:27 pm

my player ratings and detailed match report from Mansfield's nail-in-the-coffin victory over Chesterfield

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=923
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Hemmings 6?

The rest of the report is very fair, but other than Benning i had Kane as the best player on the park
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby grufti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Regarding Diamond allowing Dennis in on 41 mins to get the shot in, Dennis nudged Diamond out of the way to prevent Diamond heading clear - should have been a foul.
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 am

Think you're a tad harsh on Atko and Macca. Both ran their socks off, chased lost balls and retrieved possession after plenty of hopeful clearances by Benning and Diamond went to the opposition in the first half. I thought Mal wasn't great first half apart from the cross to Rose, but was excellent second half. Agree with your ratings for Bennett and Logan though - both excellent.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:14 am

Pearce was a colossal yet again.

Best centre half we've had for many a year.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:15 am

stagmanrob wrote:Pearce was a colossal yet again.

Best centre half we've had for many a year.

said it all season

player of the season for me
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 am

grufti wrote:Regarding Diamond allowing Dennis in on 41 mins to get the shot in, Dennis nudged Diamond out of the way to prevent Diamond heading clear - should have been a foul.

could have been a foul. But would have been soft in my opinion.

kevin kents tasce wrote:Hemmings 6?

The rest of the report is very fair, but other than Benning i had Kane as the best player on the park

Hemmings wasn't involved in any of the big moments of the game at either end of the park. He did ok, some nice touches, but not more on this occasion in my opinion.

ParisStag wrote:Think you're a tad harsh on Atko and Macca. Both ran their socks off, chased lost balls and retrieved possession after plenty of hopeful clearances by Benning and Diamond went to the opposition in the first half. I thought Mal wasn't great first half apart from the cross to Rose, but was excellent second half. Agree with your ratings for Bennett and Logan though - both excellent.

Atkinson and MacDonald worked very hard in midfield. Both players always do. Atkinson was good in my opinion (hence 7). MacDonald is still not hitting the form I expect from him (hence just under 7).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 am

Potter 7, I agree about the tackle but offered nothing whatsoever again. Knocked off the ball numerous times, never beat his man and inexplicably gave them the ball back on the edge of our area in the last min.

I'd have given him a 4, moved up to 5 for that tackle!!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Potter 7, I agree about the tackle but offered nothing whatsoever again. Knocked off the ball numerous times, never beat his man and inexplicably gave them the ball back on the edge of our area in the last min.

Agree - Potter was a 6 at best and certainly no better than hemmings, he's not played well since Newport / his injury.

Repeatedly left acres of space on the wing for their player and most of the attacks came down his side as a result.

The game changed when white went off (spireites came into), it changed again when CJ came on (attacking threat increased down the wings due to CJs pace).
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Potter 7, I agree about the tackle but offered nothing whatsoever again. Knocked off the ball numerous times, never beat his man and inexplicably gave them the ball back on the edge of our area in the last min.

Agree - Potter was a 6 at best and certainly no better than hemmings, he's not played well since Newport / his injury.

Repeatedly left acres of space on the wing for their player and most of the attacks came down his side as a result.

The game changed when white went off (spireites came into), it changed again when CJ came on (attacking threat increased down the wings due to CJs pace).

Goal saving challenge from Potter, and lovely play in the build up to the goal. Other than that he was ok. So in my opinion, a 6, upgraded to 7 because of those two big moments.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Looking at the highlights, Hemmings was involved twice in the build up to the goal, great lay off initially then part of the interplay that opened the door for Mal
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Clawing our ugly results is what is needed to be promoted. We just haven’t learnt how to do it often enough.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum