{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

OK Snap poll, Should Flitcroft be in charge next Saturday?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: OK Snap poll, Should Flitcroft be in charge next Saturda

Postby Stoney » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:54 pm

I don't think there's any point changing gaffers now but I've seen enough to say he needs to go at the end of the season.

If we lose on Saturday then it really is season over and we might aswell sack him and start getting some youngsters into the team with Dempster in charge until the end of the season.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 am

Another one for him to go, as the majority say the sooner the better
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:49 am

From a sacking point of view he has to get till end of season. From a results points of view I said on another thread he needed a minimum of four points from Stevenage and chesterfield games. I was hoping for three from Stevenage and was at the game it was nothing special and we almost lost it late on . If he don't get three points at the dippers then he should not get sacked he should fall on his own pork sword because he would have lost the support of 99% of stags fans and save JR the problem. If we beat the dippers and send them into the pit of depravity see if we make playoffs first, if not go at end of season and find a manager before pre season starts.

:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:20 am

We need 11 Jamie maguires out their Saturday or we will lose Flip FLOP as done nothing the players haven’t responded to him at all . I’d out him this morning and put Maguire in charge at least the team he will pick will fight and kick our way till the end of season nothing to lose as the season is done now with Flip FLOP in charge ..
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:11 am

Mental thread.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:24 am

I really don`t know how he has done so badly! Surely eleven of our players want to cement their places. Wrong team and players picked too often. Evans wasn`t much better, but it was his team. You can only be calm so long. Favourites again? The time has gone to be nice, if he wants to keep his job!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:48 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Wasn't at the game, so it's hard to say. We probably would have been happy with a point had SE been in charge. Perhaps one of the brave souls who went could give comment as to how we played. Still think the jury's out until Saturday. Lose that and I think it may be bye bye.

First half not great. Stevenage the more dangerous but we did create a couple of half chances and Hemmings seemed to miss a sitter with a header (was opposite end of the pitch so hard to tell). 2nd half after we scored we dominated for 10 mins or so but just couldn’t get that goal. Looked afraid to shoot, trying to walk it over the line. It’s frustrating how it takes us 45mins to get going!!!

Fans were excellent, must have been 300+ in that away end

Thanks Fts. On that he should be in charge for the game on Saturday.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:58 am

Yes but lose it and he needs to go one way or another.

Disastrous start to his tenure. I’m sure when he took over he thought in the worst case play offs and can blame bad luck if we fail which will buy some time to rebuild in his image. Given Radfords reputation for giving managers time I can see him giving it to him.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 am

Yes, but ask me again Saturday night. If we win leave it until the end of the season and let's see what happens, a win against them May just change things for the last 3 games. Here's hoping.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 am

STAY
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am

I am totally disappointed with the way this season is progressing and am not sure why it's going so badly. All year we have been saying we need 70 or 71 points for the playoffs but I now think 73 will be required possibly 72 (other teams have to play each other and they can't all win). Two wins and two draws should see us there and we should do that with the opposition we have left

While we still have hope Flitcroft should stay. Failure will see him gone at the end of the season. Defeat at Wembley would probably save him.

We all know we have been two strikers and a good midfielder short all year and that is the main reason we are where we are.

Now is not the time for in fighting. Get behind the team and support them to league one. If we fail we can get the knives out at leisure.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 am

No I’m expecting the axe to fall later today. 4 points Out of 24 isn’t good enough.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Binghamstag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 am

Lose Saturday he needs to go however we dress this up losing to the bottom team and our local rivals will be the end of the season. Boss to blame but the players must take some too dreadful since Evans left
JR really needs to get thinking 're the future
Binghamstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:51 am

wardy12345 wrote:No I’m expecting the axe to fall later today. 4 points Out of 24 isn’t good enough.

I think you'll go to bed disappointed then, I would be amazed if Radford sacked DF today. He will give him till the end of the season at least and hopefully trigger some clause in his contract which states if you didnt make the playoffs then we dont have to pay you off!
stagsfan6493
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 am

The One wrote:Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

The band will play on until the fat lady gurgells
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 am

No point changing him now and so will be here till the bitter end I think.
After that its up to JR to decide if Flipflop has fulfilled what he thought he was capable of doing when he employed him so quickly or whether we now have 2 flops in the camp with Flip and Futch or Flip and Flop

It was not, at the end of the day mission impossible for DF really was it to get a few wins and daws going to keep us in the hunt, having said that, even Man city lost last night under one the greatest managers in Pep.

Strange old time for us Stags but we diehards are used to the old old adage of the MTFC way and the easy way.

Sorry again for JR and CR and we are still behind you guys if we have to go all over again which seems likely now.
My preference is for a change for the new season and fresh start.
Last edited by tillydog123 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 am

Yea he should.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 am

Definitely in charge for rest of season
yellowstagsfan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 am

Why is it always next season with us? We hear it every year, it's like Delboys "we will be millionaires next year"
This season it was attainable, the players gelled we had least defeats in league and nailed on for playoffs.

Its gone from glory to embarrassment since DF appointed.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 am

Was at the game last night and I can't criticise the players for the effort they put in. What I can criticicise are the constant tactics of Logan booting the ball up the field in the hope that Danny get a flick on and we make a chance. Well Danny tried and trioed hard but hardly won a header all night against a physical Stvenage side last night and like every other game I have seen under Flit it doesn't work. We look good with the ball on the ground and passin. The goal came from such amove but they are too infrequent.

Who dictates the tactics? The manager. If it's not broken don't fix it. Hoof is broken - we have the players so change the mindless and repetitive hoofing and oh yes - CHANGE THE MANAGER.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

I think someone posted on here about Mick McCarthy becoming new Stags boss. I didn't give it much thought at the time, but I've just read that he's suddenly quit as Ipswich boss despite being scheduled to quit at the end of the season. Makes me wonder if he has a job lined up ???
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

Yes he has to be in charge on Saturday.

Lose and we gift them 3 points which could keep them up and it effectively finishes our play off hopes. It would also be 4 points from 27.

I have a slight niggle in the back of my mind, that eventually he could come good for us. We've had plenty of managers who have started well and then dipped into abysmal shocking drudgery. Of course the more this terrible start goes on, has to eventually count against him and defeat to the lovers of lamb definately counts as a double whammy.

If the worst happens does he stay until season end ?

Hard to say.There may be little left riding on the season, but there is a hell of a lot of players contracts/options to sort out. I'm really not sure who would be best placed to sort it.

And who is out there to replace him. ? Very tough call for the Radfords.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am

FarnieStag wrote:I think someone posted on here about Mick McCarthy becoming new Stags boss. I didn't give it much thought at the time, but I've just read that he's suddenly quit as Ipswich boss despite being scheduled to quit at the end of the season. Makes me wonder if he has a job lined up ???

Yorkshire lad. Closer to home.???
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:15 am

If we draw or lose on Saturday and it's the end of our playoff chances, unless JR has been impressed with Flitcroft's trial period I don't see why he should be given until the end of the season (and then probably sacked anyway).

Surely we'd be better off with the replacement using the last three games to have a look at the squad and see what needs to be done? In any case, if we lose on Saturday (even with a spirited performance), Flitcroft won't be at all popular with the fans and I'm sure that most of those who want him to be given more of a chance will see it as the last straw.

Has a manager at this level been under more pressure when not in a relegation battle? I almost feel sorry for him, but then he did take on the job and could see that we had a proven squad. I do feel sorry for JR; not many of us thought that Flitcroft would fail so badly and at this rate the team could end up lower than Paul Cox's threadbare squad managed four years ago. A poor return on some considerable investment. Sometimes I wonder whether Swindon are paying him to knock out one of their promotion rivals.

Win on Saturday though, and it's game on - forgiveness could be possible.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 am

If we fail to win on Saturday he should do the honarable thing and resign.

What I want to hear from both him and the players is a battle cry ahead of Saturday. Something to give us fans hope, but above all i belief that we are all in this together

COYS
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum