{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Another game another inept referring display

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Another game another inept referring display

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 pm

inept referring display.

I thought it couldn't get any worse after Tuesdays referee but unfortunately i was wrong.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Re: Another game another

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:09 pm

The referee was, indeed, very poor today.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:10 pm

after the handball incident he just seemed to lose it and got a yellow out for nearly every foul. very poor indeed.

should their player have been sent off? to me it looked like he fell over and slapped the ball away, CJ would've been through on goal
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:inept referring display.

I thought it couldn't get any worse after Tuesdays referee but unfortunately i was wrong.

I need to see the Hamilton decision again, but if anything it was a foul on Hamilton and a handball by the defender! He was dreadful, especially 2nd half.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Definitely handball by there player and should have gone.

After there goal just before the restart i could see Macca questioning the referee and all he replied was "it was a foul" at least twice.

He had to overrule the near side linesman at least twice from what i could see aswell.

I don't get it, we are playing professional football. Is the country unable to produce a minimum 50 top quality referees to officiate professional football on a weekly basis? It is a complete and utter disgrace and the FA should be ashamed.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:18 pm

his second half was as bad as his first half was good

shocking refereeing second half
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:33 pm

Did Colchester have their own referee ?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 pm

The worst refereeing performance of the season by a considerable distance. He completely lost it in the second half and possibly cost us the game with that dreadful decision against Hamilton - the worst decision of the season during a woeful season of refereeing performances.

In the end we were probably all expecting him to either: give Colchester a soft penalty or send off one of our players in a game with hardly any bad challenges.

The guy was a disgrace
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 pm

In Martin's report he reckons CJ shoved him.
We were sat on the front row of the lower directly in line, for once CJ showed some strength and won the battle to get away, shocking decision.

Still not as bad as the one two minutes later. Their player over ran the ball, Benning nipped in to win it was wiped out to stop him getting away and he gave them the free kick!!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Rob wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:inept referring display.

I need to see the Hamilton decision again, but if anything it was a foul on Hamilton and a handball by the defender! He was dreadful, especially 2nd half.

I thought that the ref was excellent in the first half, and then (as Flitcroft observed) something happened at half time and he changed completely.

Although Martin says that Hamilton gave a slight push to the defender, it must have been no more than a contact sport like this would allow - I didn't notice it. If you are tussling for the ball there's bound to be a little contact - it's not 5-a-side. In my view the defender lost the battle for the ball, and in his efforts to turn lost his balance and in desperation pawed the ball away from CJ. Maybe it'll look different on the video, of course!
But the handball was blatant and in the circumstances (i.e. potential attempt on goal) you'd expect at least a quick consulation with the linesman - who had a good view from a different angle.

All through the second half the ref seemed determined to see as many fouls as possible, and gave various seemingly random decisions. I assume that he was wanting to make an impact and felt that he'd been too quiet in the first half.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:after the handball incident he just seemed to lose it and got a yellow out for nearly every foul. very poor indeed.

should their player have been sent off? to me it looked like he fell over and slapped the ball away, CJ would've been through on goal

From the QLE it looked like CJ nudged him, a bit harsh for a free kick. The defender definitely handled the ball as the red blew for the “foul”
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:58 pm

stag861 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:after the handball incident he just seemed to lose it and got a yellow out for nearly every foul. very poor indeed.

From the QLE it looked like CJ nudged him, a bit harsh for a free kick. The defender definitely handled the ball as the red blew for the “foul”[/quote]

From my view in the IGL half way line I think that's about as how I saw it.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby stags1963 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Didn't one of the Colchester players in the second half receive some treatment on the pitch by the trainer but the player never left the pitch and the referee carried on playing the game?
stags1963
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:24 pm

stags1963 wrote:Didn't one of the Colchester players in the second half receive some treatment on the pitch by the trainer but the player never left the pitch and the referee carried on playing the game?

There was an inconsistency in how he handled the treatment of players. When their right back went down, he was treated on the pitch and all of their players went and received instructions and drinks at the dugout. When Mal Benning was injured he was instructed to go off the pitch and the game continued. I am not necessarily interested in which of these two was the correct decision but more in the sheer inconsistency of it
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:03 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
stags1963 wrote:Didn't one of the Colchester players in the second half receive some treatment on the pitch by the trainer but the player never left the pitch and the referee carried on playing the game?

There was an inconsistency in how he handled the treatment of players. When their right back went down, he was treated on the pitch and all of their players went and received instructions and drinks at the dugout. When Mal Benning was injured he was instructed to go off the pitch and the game continued. I am not necessarily interested in which of these two was the correct decision but more in the sheer inconsistency of it

I think you mean Jacob Mellis
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:13 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

You don't have to leave the field after treatment if the player who caused your injury is cautioned. This happened at least once yesterday.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Re: Another game another inept referring display

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 pm

A bit like the Stags, the ref’s second half deteriated.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum