{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Over!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season Over!

Postby Norman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Sorry but I can’t see where are next win is coming from. We’ve been a striker away from being a very good side. The last 3 games I don’t recall the opposing keeper having much to do . Today was
dismal and I can’t see it getting any better . Evans as really forked us up. Why the haste to get Flitcroft in? Wecbe lost tempo since he’s been in charge!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season Over!

Postby RISE PARK STAG » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:00 pm

It's no good blaming Flitcroft this is Evans squad and it's not been good enough for the top three all season he built it from the back and failed to sign a quality striker and that's what's let us down all season, an inability to kill off matches... Just hope they raise their game against county or its bye bye to the top three
RISE PARK STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Oh Norman!

You don’t get any better, do you?
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 pm

RISE PARK STAG wrote:It's no good blaming Flitcroft this is Evans squad and it's not been good enough for the top three all season he built it from the back and failed to sign a quality striker and that's what's let us down all season, an inability to kill off matches... Just hope they raise their game against county or its bye bye to the top three

My thoughts entirely, we can't truly judge Flitcroft until he gets chance to build his own squad and the current squad has always been short of top 3 quality. We have just drawn two games against two play-off contenders, the over-reaction of some is incredible, though not surprising given who the posters are!

Today was frustrating, as have so many performances this season - the front two were again sadly ineffective and whilst defensively we did OK for most of the game, the terrible mistake by Byrom (it was a schoolboy error) has cost us the points. By the way, the referee was one of the worst I have seen in years, not just his decision, but some of the cards he dished out were just laughable.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Webe dropped 6 points from winning positions in our last 3 home games. Ypu can be forgiven for thinking ots over but it really isnt. Check the league table. We're right involved.

The pitch was a state today. Ref and lino were pretty poor.

Not easy on the eye but we looked better when mellis and Atkinson came on and we wanted to play football.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:20 pm

You wish. If you are a Stags fan then I'm a flipping Spireite.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Too many long balls and not enough passing in the midfield.Colchester weren'at great but at least they attacked through the middle.Byrom just not good enough he takes a good dead ball delivery and that is about it.Two weeks ago I was looking forward to going to county and winning.My confidence has been knocked by the display today.I will take a draw now.Looks like both diamond and mellis will be out a few weeks.Diamond my mom hardly missed a thing although digby did well when he came on.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:10 pm

We HAVE to start with Digby.
We NEED to try resting Danny and play Angol
We NEED something better than White
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Agree Edders, Digby did ok at the back.
Rose looked washed out and White had a nightmare, couldn't even find a man with a throw in.
Todays fiasco was down to the players mentality, maybe now Evans has left the club they fancy an easy ride?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:59 pm

I like White but there no happy medium with him . He's either brilliant or poor .

Bennett will be back for County . Get Anderson back at right back . Mcdonald on the wing , Although I think we've missed Potter .
Mellis and Atkinson in the middle and Hemmings and Angol up front .
Rose looks shattered
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Danny does look tired. Don't get me wrong but he has had an injury free season so far, which lets face it is a bonus. And he chased today as per his usual style.

And the other options are up front are?

Bring on Angol, and I know he can be frustrating but it is there another option up front?

If we don't back peddle again into our own half (esp the second half!) and press up then maybe we would have won today.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:52 am

Norman drops the negativity trolling post and sits back laughing at all the replies landing in his keep net.

The man needs to be ignored. He’s playing you all.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:22 am

Maybe he is but debate we will.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:32 am

More fool you then.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:46 am

I’m inclined to agree with Norman on this, we are not good enough for automatic spots. Only chance with have is play offs but not confident, as the players don’t seem up for it for me. Just take a look at their first goal summed up how we was yesterday, really poor.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:48 am

We are 3 points off the top 3 with 11 games to go. Shut the raspberry up
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:52 am

Its not over, far from it. Loads of football to by played yet and points to play for.

Next week is the real test though. Can Flipflop get them motivated and producing the quality we've all seen at times this year and know they are capable of?

A win their and anything is possible. A defeat and it starts to look a lot more difficult.

To be honest though, 2 weeks ago I'd of bet on and was fairly confident we could do automatic. Now i wouldn't put anything on it and feel like its probably the play offs.

Such a shame we haven't hit the ground running with the new manager. We need that first win and confidence boost desperately.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Jamie wrote:Its not over, far from it. Loads of football to by played yet and points to play for.

Next week is the real test though. Can Flipflop get them motivated and producing the quality we've all seen at times this year and know they are capable of?

A win their and anything is possible. A defeat and it starts to look a lot more difficult.

To be honest though, 2 weeks ago I'd of bet on and was fairly confident we could do automatic. Now i wouldn't put anything on it and feel like its probably the play offs.

Such a shame we haven't hit the ground running with the new manager. We need that first win and confidence boost desperately.

Lots hope the Bury fans are wrong, he never got them 'up' for derbies
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:We are 3 points off the top 3 with 11 games to go. Shut the raspberry up

:lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Still all to play for.

Notts
Accrington
Luton

All to play, it's now up to the lads and if they want it enough?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:39 pm

It's all to play for......10 Cup Finals......and JR wants all the fans to get behind the manager and the team for the rest of the season. We can still do it!

:coys:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum