{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stamp your mark David

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stamp your mark David

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:36 pm

...and quickly, there has been an evident second half downturn in the level of performance , although Coventry was a carbon copy under Evans.
It's of course too early to say we aren't an automatic looking promotion side, but we are being bullied all over the park there is little service to the front men, and the midfield looks like a group who haven't played together before.
Hopefully it's a blip, and Saturday will see us go to Notts and produce something.
We've come a long way this season it would be a shame to drop out now.

On a different note, I sat down in IGL near the halfway line. The lack of vocal support is staggering. Fair play to the lads upstairs they rarely stop, downstairs nothing. We can all contribute to that extra 1% by joining in with a 'Yellows' or something . Get behind them, make it a fortress , it might just help!
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Stamp your mark David

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:...and quickly, there has been an evident second half downturn in the level of performance , although Coventry was a carbon copy under Evans.
It's of course too early to say we aren't an automatic looking promotion side, but we are being bullied all over the park there is little service to the front men, and the midfield looks like a group who haven't played together before.
Hopefully it's a blip, and Saturday will see us go to Notts and produce something.
We've come a long way this season it would be a shame to drop out now.

On a different note, I sat down in IGL near the halfway line. The lack of vocal support is staggering. Fair play to the lads upstairs they rarely stop, downstairs nothing. We can all contribute to that extra 1% by joining in with a 'Yellows' or something . Get behind them, make it a fortress , it might just help!

I think his first big decision is to drop Rose
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 pm

I think there are more issues than just Rose, who would benefit from some service, as at the moment there is nothing.
Today was just depressingly like the previous two games. For all this huge squad we look like we are running out of steam, regardless of who is managing.
Where has Miller gone? None of us know if he's any good or not but games like today are crying out for a direct combative shoot on sight striker.
It needs shaking up a bit and some competition for places.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby S7AGS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Agree with miller...crying out for him at least on bench to offer something different..

Where’s Stirling?

We are lacking pace
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:20 pm

His mate Atkinson is too slow and not good enough, his subs again poor, learn and quick gaffa
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:33 pm

I just can't see a style of play it looks like 11 capable footballers trying hard without a plan.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:44 pm

old ram stag wrote:I just can't see a style of play it looks like 11 capable footballers trying hard without a plan.

I've not seen a style of play all season.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big Lad Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Still ours to throw away. Looking at remaining fixtures, we are still in it. Lincoln will definetly be in the play offs. All our rivals play each other including us. Stop talking about the clowns and the cheats. We are what matters.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:58 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:His mate Atkinson is too slow and not good enough, his subs again poor, learn and quick gaffa

Atkinson was our best player when he came on.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:His mate Atkinson is too slow and not good enough, his subs again poor, learn and quick gaffa

Atkinson was our best player when he came on.

I thought so too.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:I think there are more issues than just Rose, who would benefit from some service, as at the moment there is nothing.
Today was just depressingly like the previous two games. For all this huge squad we look like we are running out of steam, regardless of who is managing.
Where has Miller gone? None of us know if he's any good or not but games like today are crying out for a direct combative shoot on sight striker.
It needs shaking up a bit and some competition for places.

Service????. What about late on today in one of our rare forays forward, CJ actually put a decent ball to the back stick, defender puts out for a corner and Rose slumps like a Kevin. A decent forward like Barker, would have steamed in, eyes lit up and been the hero with his one chance. His body language was awful.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Yes drop our top scorer, that should solve our problems.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Slumped like a Kevin

Haha Woody that's ace.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Atkinson best player...tries hard and was obviously decent before his legs went, so slow it's like having 10 men when not in possession, one instance today their player created a gap of about 10 yard running with the ball in seconds.

When Atkinson is on the ball he generally doesn't lose it but equally doesn't do anything with it other than make a simple pass - not sure what he adds, especially as he comes on as a sub, when a sub comes on you need an impact and you get the opposite
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Foxy wrote:Slumped like a Kevin

Haha Woody that's ace.

That's what he was like. The ball was hung up to steam in, he wanted it honked on his head so didn't bother, he needs a rest and a shock to up his game
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:50 pm

It was nice to see someone who wanted to look after the ball and play simple passes. After watching the likes of Diamond boot it as far away as possible, and Macca and White turning into their players and giving the ball for the upteenth time, it was nice to see someone play with a bit of care and attention.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:51 pm

I thunk we are overreacting a bit .
We have played three teams who have ambitions of getting in the play offs at least . Although we have underperformed I don't think any of teams outplayed us .
We are currently 7th in the form table based on the last 6 games .
The teams in the play offs upwards , there is only Accrington and County with better form so it's not just us dropping points .
I don't expect a new manager to perform miracles , the players have been been a bit inconsistent all season . The Coventry result was a lot worse than the last two .
Hopefully this is a little dip . Massive game against County . We need to back the team and manager .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Contrary to public opinion Penny Blacks aren't particularly rare and you can pick em up for about £50

As you were
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:08 pm

'We' were saying that DF didn't say much on Tuesday on the touchline and let the game move on.

Today 'we' saw a bit more animated DF which was good especially the first half.

Second half I wasn't so sure.

:?

Ignore the fact the ref was poor but we should have put that game to bed early doors...with due respect to Colchester.

And yes...on my way back to hear on the radio I don't want to hear you slighting the ref.

Just get us that second goal and put the game to bed.

Imo
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby victor A block » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:27 pm

2 games down.....does Flitcroft need more time to stamp his mark....yes
Has the team lost a bit of intensity and passion ....yes. Will time run out..yes.

The draw v Lincoln was understandable but avoidable. The training ground routine of giving it back to them to pump up to Rhead was always going to pay.
But today..lets be clear..Colchester were nothing special..a very average league 2 team who were allowed to take control. We were Out of legs, passion and ideas.

Why is Macdonald playing so deep?

Why are Benning and Hamilton even in the team? What was the MOM sponser drinking?

Next week i would bring in Hunt at LB, Move Macdonald and Byrom centre mid. Atkinson left mid and Anderson right.

Big call up front. Hemmings did well again. Angol for Rose? Possibly.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:38 pm

You've slagged off Benning and CJ, the side which every single attack comes down, and you want Anderson and Atkinson in the side, two playes who are amongst the highest paid at the club and have provided next to nothing all season long.

Bravo.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:You've slagged off Benning and CJ, the side which every single attack comes down, and you want Anderson and Atkinson in the side, two playes who are amongst the highest paid at the club and have provided next to nothing all season long.

Bravo.

Musings, stop saying you know how much the players earn, you haven’t got a clue. Anderson has contributed to many wins this season or are you writing your own version of events?
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 pm

london amber stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:You've slagged off Benning and CJ, the side which every single attack comes down, and you want Anderson and Atkinson in the side, two playes who are amongst the highest paid at the club and have provided next to nothing all season long.

Bravo.

Musings, stop saying you know how much the players earn, you haven’t got a clue. Anderson has contributed to many wins this season or are you writing your own version of events?

They dropped from League One to join for peanuts then did they? It's not rocket science.

I was talking in terms of goals and assists, as the lineup above had them playing as wingers, where both have been completely ineffective.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
london amber stag wrote:

Bravo.

They dropped from League One to join for peanuts then did they? It's not rocket science.

I was talking in terms of goals and assists, as the lineup above had them playing as wingers, where bot

have been completely ineffective.

Rocket science aside, you still do not know what they earn nor should you. I think Anderson is a good player and I like his positive attitude. Everything is suddenly doom and gloom, there are 10 games to go and we are far from dead and buried. Anyone who thought that we would hit the ground running and win 2 games on the bounce with a new manager at such a tense time, was deluded. We have had similar bore draws under Evans. It’s not over yet, far from it.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:01 pm

victor A block wrote:2 games down.....does Flitcroft need more time to stamp his mark....yes
Has the team lost a bit of intensity and passion ....yes. Will time run out..yes.

The draw v Lincoln was understandable but avoidable. The training ground routine of giving it back to them to pump up to Rhead was always going to pay.
But today..lets be clear..Colchester were nothing special..a very average league 2 team who were allowed to take control. We were Out of legs, passion and ideas.

Why is Macdonald playing so deep?

Why are Benning and Hamilton even in the team? What was the MOM sponser drinking?

Next week i would bring in Hunt at LB, Move Macdonald and Byrom centre mid. Atkinson left mid and Anderson right.

Big call up front. Hemmings did well again. Angol for Rose? Possibly.

Mostly agree there victor...but..most of our attacking options thus far eminate down that left flank through Benning and CJ don't they?

No Plan B aka down the right flank comes to mind? (unless CJ moves over)

Not a dynamic high impact disruptive attack there victor which would scare the opposition?

A plodding midfield with lots of huff and puff but no end result/assists?
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum