{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

why put Atkinson on ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: why?

Postby stags4eva » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:29 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I agree to some extent. Atkinson is not a winger. But we have no other right wingers fit. There's no reason to have three centre mids on the bench.

Hang on Macca is a winger, who should be back out there as his form in CM is deteriorating rapidly.

For me neither Anderson or Atkinson are the answer for right midfield and haven't been since day one.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: why put Atkinson on ?

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:45 am

Yes he is naturally but switching someone to the wing after an hour after they've ran around like a lunatic in the centre wouldn't work.

Like it or not his best performances have come centrally this season. He's the one most impacted by Evans departure and will probably join him in the summer if Posh don't go up.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 am

And as for Macca....yes he gives 100%, but that’s a bare minimum. His set pieces are awful, he turns backwards far to often and gets nowhere near the ball at other times. A little like a headless chicken, yet people love him. If Macca is our best midfielder we are not good enough. Mellis definitely is the most skilled but I am struggling for a good combination in there. This isn’t an anti Macca rant just that I think some over rate the guy!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:And as for Macca....yes he gives 100%, but that’s a bare minimum. His set pieces are awful, he turns backwards far to often and gets nowhere near the ball at other times. A little like a headless chicken, yet people love him. If Macca is our best midfielder we are not good enough. Mellis definitely is the most skilled but I am struggling for a good combination in there. This isn’t an anti Macca rant just that I think some over rate the guy!!!

Don't worry, you're not on your own in thinking that
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:And as for Macca....yes he gives 100%, but that’s a bare minimum. His set pieces are awful, he turns backwards far to often and gets nowhere near the ball at other times. A little like a headless chicken, yet people love him. If Macca is our best midfielder we are not good enough. Mellis definitely is the most skilled but I am struggling for a good combination in there. This isn’t an anti Macca rant just that I think some over rate the guy!!!

well someone must see something in him if league one teams were/are looking at him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Id sooner seen Macca in there getting stuck in and doing a bit with the ball from time to time, than say Byrom who (despite being much better at set pieces) doesn't get involved much and is a bit of a luxury.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Mods;
If you do feel the need to alter my post please at least change the title to match the content ?
My post was to grumble about Atkinson not swooping with Macca positions i.e. winger !
Not in general however i see your point anyway ;0)

as you created the thread, you can edit the title yourself.

Yeah behave yourself!

I'd play MacDonald wide right and Atkinson in the middle.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Thank god for that i thought my eyes has been deceiving me over the last few weeks!
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum