{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I think it was the worst performance of the season because:
a. The players should been showcasing their talents to the new boss
b. Lincoln are very poor (apart from Rheady)
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:55 pm

FarnieStag wrote:I think it was the worst performance of the season because:
a. The players should been showcasing their talents to the new boss
b. Lincoln are very poor (apart from Rheady)



they can't be that poor considering where they are in the league

if you think that performance was worse than the chesterfield game then I have no idea what game you were watching
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4247
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby adamstag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:I think it was the worst performance of the season because:
a. The players should been showcasing their talents to the new boss
b. Lincoln are very poor (apart from Rheady)



they can't be that poor considering where they are in the league

if you think that performance was worse than the chesterfield game then I have no idea what game you were watching


Wouldn't say the worst home performance, but very close to it. But we didn't lose, which is something.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6108
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 pm

I think he was damned if you do damned if you don't last night to be fair he could have made 5 / 6 changes to combat how they play but if it had all gone wrong it would have been "why so many changes" he went with a side that had been performing well but wasn't best equipped to handle what came at us and we didn't quite see it out but you can't really blame him for that.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:55 pm

victor A block wrote:The substitutions were bizarre, with both Spencer and Atkinson being poor under the previous manager and with much better options on the bench.


They were both regular subs though under Steve Evans and I think Will Atkinson is our second most effective substitute in terms of points gained this season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby StagsFan83 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Whether we think so or not, Atkinson is highly rated outside of our club. He was one of the names mentioned by Flitcroft straight away when talking about an impressive squad.

Also, Atkinson/Spencer/Potter/Anderson are all seen as reliable players who can help protect a lead, whereas Angol/Mellis/OSJ are not trusted, the first two because of their tendency to switch off.


to echo this, we have also largely played him out of position, before this season he was playing as a winger, it was refreshing to see him played in that position last night.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: First game under Flitcroft - what's the style of play?

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:49 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Whether we think so or not, Atkinson is highly rated outside of our club. He was one of the names mentioned by Flitcroft straight away when talking about an impressive squad.

Also, Atkinson/Spencer/Potter/Anderson are all seen as reliable players who can help protect a lead, whereas Angol/Mellis/OSJ are not trusted, the first two because of their tendency to switch off.


to echo this, we have also largely played him out of position, before this season he was playing as a winger, it was refreshing to see him played in that position last night.


He wasn't actually, Southend used him as a central midfielder and he was described as the 'League One Kante', by their fans.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], marker_mtfc95, stagone1959 and 29 guests