{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

replacement music for "woke up this morning feeling fine"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: replacement music for "woke up this morning feeling fine

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Didn't we have 2 unlimited 'get ready for this' for years in the 90's and early 2000's?
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Andy Perrin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:45 pm

This is not on about On The Ball this is about the last song which the crowd should all sing together just before kick off, it gives the lads one last push for a good start, and raises the atmosphere now we've ditched the fat one then it's fitting we ditch feeling fine, but i think the one which does get the crowd singing is the Amber and Blue Elvis song 'The Wonder of You' most of the crowd now know the words to that song and it was recorded as an Amber and Blue addition, we could put the words on the score board if it helped, i know some don't like it but it is a song which we can all sing, on away days when everyone sings this in the pubs before the match it sounds fantastic.. and it is a bit of an anthem COYS
Been a Glory Hunter since 1969
Andy Perrin
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Forever Optimistic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Not a bad shout that one Andy. But they'd have to start it immediately after on the ball to attempt to get majority in. Agree though, everyone knows the words and it is our song, with our mix on it, could really be a rallying call. It's not working where they play it now, it's either cut short for on the ball or drowned out with other songs
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby waddostag » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Think we should have something catchy to get the crowd bouncing, something like Papas got a brand new pig bag for instance.
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Peter Sarstedt - 'Where do you go to my lovely'???
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Republica - ready to go
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Aint No Easy Way - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Seems fitting
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Andy Perrin wrote:This is not on about On The Ball this is about the last song which the crowd should all sing together just before kick off, it gives the lads one last push for a good start, and raises the atmosphere now we've ditched the fat one then it's fitting we ditch feeling fine, but i think the one which does get the crowd singing is the Amber and Blue Elvis song 'The Wonder of You' most of the crowd now know the words to that song and it was recorded as an Amber and Blue addition, we could put the words on the score board if it helped, i know some don't like it but it is a song which we can all sing, on away days when everyone sings this in the pubs before the match it sounds fantastic.. and it is a bit of an anthem COYS

Not until the idiots stop contradicting the whole song by singing "Yellows, yellows" between verses, and every other song with yellow in it, will that ever become a viable anthem.

We're either one or the other, not both...I've only seen us play in actual yellow for no more than 5% of the time I've been a Stags fan. Baffles me how it has always stuck.

Away fans must seriously think we are a bunch of mongs when they hear us.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Top post Rob never yellow always Amber.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 am

stagmanrob wrote:
Andy Perrin wrote:This is not on about On The Ball this is about the last song which the crowd should all sing together just before kick off, it gives the lads one last push for a good start, and raises the atmosphere now we've ditched the fat one then it's fitting we ditch feeling fine, but i think the one which does get the crowd singing is the Amber and Blue Elvis song 'The Wonder of You' most of the crowd now know the words to that song and it was recorded as an Amber and Blue addition, we could put the words on the score board if it helped, i know some don't like it but it is a song which we can all sing, on away days when everyone sings this in the pubs before the match it sounds fantastic.. and it is a bit of an anthem COYS

Not until the idiots stop contradicting the whole song by singing "Yellows, yellows" between verses, and every other song with yellow in it, will that ever become a viable anthem.

We're either one or the other, not both...I've only seen us play in actual yellow for no more than 5% of the time I've been a Stags fan. Baffles me how it has always stuck.

It has stuck because “yellows, yellows” sounds better than “ambers, ambers” and due to the closeness of the two colours yellows is just as appropriate to sing. You don’t hear Coventry fans saying “come on you sky blues” or villa fans saying “come on you magenta and blues” they, like us pick the closest colour to associate the club with and stick with it.

Yes we are amber and blue, and always will be but I can’t see any problem with singing “yellows”
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:26 am

Before anyone really thought about music videos.

If we get this on ill wear a suede yellow jacket with tassles.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:35 am

stagmanrob wrote:

You are a man after my own heart Rob. I always chant "Ambers" when the fans start singing "Yellows" but I am usually on my own :lol: . It is also [insert name of manager] "Blue and Amber Army". There was a group of us at Shaw Lane including the Club Historian who did manage to get a decent chant of "Ambers" going.

Let's bring back Amber Day!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:39 am

Fitzy499 wrote:It has stuck because “yellows, yellows” sounds better than “ambers, ambers”

I disagree. I think "AmBers, AmBers" (stress the B) has a little more oomph to it :)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 am

Chase And Status - 'Blind Faith'???
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:59 am

Walking on sunshine but sing “we’re winning with Flitcroft “ etc
There Their They're
skeglad
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:29 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Chase And Status - 'Blind Faith'???

Tune
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-n-JZ8MFoI

First twenty odd seconds of this one - with a slight change of lyrics?

I wanna party,
I wanna samba,
I wanna party,
In Blue and Amber

And repeat.....
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Woke up:this morning and realised we weren’t going up !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bex » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:01 pm

...And she's back! :roll:
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Expat Stag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Chase And Status - 'Blind Faith'???

Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Woke up this morning and spoke to my brother Hank.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 am

Fitzy499 wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

It has stuck because “yellows, yellows” sounds better than “ambers, ambers” and due to the closeness of the two colours yellows is just as appropriate to sing. You don’t hear Coventry fans saying “come on you sky blues” or villa fans saying “come on you magenta and blues” they, like us pick the closest colour to associate the club with and stick with it.

Yes we are amber and blue, and always will be but I can’t see any problem with singing “yellows”

Coventry can sing "Come on you blues" but they don't anyway....but if they did they could, as it is blue...just a different shade of blue.

Aston Villa don't sing about their colour at all anyway.

We sing "Yellows" whilst we don't even play in yellow. Pedantic, but true. It spans back to the very few seasons when we did play in yellow, one of which was '87 when we were at Wembley, so we had it put into a Wembley song. For me that's how it has stuck.

Still makes us come across as mongs though, all away fans I know have commented on it.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 am

Norman wrote:Woke up:this morning and realised we weren’t going up !

Not even lost and in it crawls like a bad smell.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Don't Stop Me (us) Now
Queen circa 1978
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Before anyone really thought about music videos.

If we get this on ill wear a suede yellow jacket with tassles.

Is it wrong that I have now watched that twice? :lol:
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum