{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

SWINDON NEW MANAGER THREAD - on a cold snowy day,early odds

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

SWINDON NEW MANAGER THREAD - on a cold snowy day,early odds

Postby PHILIP » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Betballhocks are quoting early odds - any others noted in the market?

6/4 Foxy – often talks ballhocks and is likely obese - allegedly. Could make a player manager on the left. Likeable loose cannon.

3/1 Bellwhiff – often, hang on always, barks a load of ballhocks and is very likely obese - allegedly. Owns at least one motorbike so can get to Swindon fast. Fancied in the betting and by Spiritator. Will get to the point - quick!

7/2 Wilfred - cultured, but might not travel due to increasing infirmity. Experienced but ancient. Generous nature, but might have a grey beard .

6/1 Martin Shaw - often late with Match Reports but seems to know how to pick a team. Gets carried away on commo. Too small (5ft 2).

12/1 Spiritator - retired poet, but that might confuse West Country players. Knows a thing or to about bikes. Could make an assistant to Bellwhiff

25/1 Jamie - likely hooligan (reformed) and in cohoots with the dark lord - allegedly. Will swear black is white. Others preferred including Elaine. Keep up the good work though.

33/1 Doom Merchant - name says it all, spends too much time writing instead of coaching. Can be insightful, but like most authors likely bankrupt. A bit of a charmer.

50/1 Marky Mark - too clever by half. Enough said.

66/1 Georgefostersbeard – has too many baker days, so can only fullfill part time. Clever bloke, wasted in Lincs.

100/1 – Chimney – distracted by the opposite sex , Hull Stag – disappeared, but not forgotten,
PHILIP
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: SWINDON NEW MANAGER THREAD - on a cold snowy day,early o

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Swindon is a minghole. I’d rather take a cheese grater to my gentleman’s area than work there.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Bloody hell, Philip :o

Apart from the cultured bit you're spot on. And, yes, I do have grey designer stubble.

With such remarkable presience can you please pm me the six winning numbers for Saturday's Lotto?

And as regards Swindon. As a lad I was madly in love with Diana Dors, a Swindon born beauty, but went off her when I found out her real name was Diana Fluck.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foxy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Haha nice one Philip

Player Manager would be fantastic..except I had to retire from football when my legs went at the end of the last century.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Wilfred wrote:Bloody hell, Philip :o

Apart from the cultured bit you're spot on. And, yes, I do have grey designer stubble.

With such remarkable presience can you please pm me the six winning numbers for Saturday's Lotto?

And as regards Swindon. As a lad I was madly in love with Diana Dors, a Swindon born beauty, but went off her when I found out her real name was Diana Fluck.

You stood no chance as soon as you correctly used the word ‘presience’.

I stood no chance because of my infatuation in the 80’s with Paul and Barry Ryan!
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Philip's been my bank manager for years. Say what you like about him but you can never doubt him being strictly confidential with your information!

I'll have a fiver on Belly getting the job; and a score on him falling out with his new chairman at the press conference.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:38 pm

No chance of me getting the job as I'm a massive chopper :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Forgot Phil Brown from the list, he’s linked with every job in this league now even when fictitious candidates are being proposed. A bit like Martin O’neill back in the day.

Watch him get this one now I’ve been sarcastic!
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Philip's been my bank manager for years. Say what you like about him but you can never doubt him being strictly confidential with your information!

I'll have a fiver on Belly getting the job; and a score on him falling out with his new chairman at the press conference.

Currently on a ban on Twitter. Only been back on Facebook for a week :shock: :D

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Latest odds updated:

1/3 - Gentle Snowflake: Huge publicity stunt as the first openly homosexual manager in the FL.
2/1 - Crypt Burglar: Would need help getting to interview as all crypts currently frozen shut leading to a lack of funds
10/1 - Ladybrook Babette: See Gentle Snowflake - publicity stunt as first female manager in FL, however, does have great assets
33/1 - Vicar Jeremiah: Great candidate and morally sound. Could struggle to make televised Sunday matches.
100/1 - Chimneyboy: Probably too busy making up all of the above usernames to take charge of a full time professional football club.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Random Hero wrote:Latest odds updated:

1/3 - Gentle Snowflake: Huge publicity stunt as the first openly homosexual manager in the FL.
2/1 - Crypt Burglar: Would need help getting to interview as all crypts currently frozen shut leading to a lack of funds
10/1 - Ladybrook Babette: See Gentle Snowflake - publicity stunt as first female manager in FL, however, does have great assets
33/1 - Vicar Jeremiah: Great candidate and morally sound. Could struggle to make televised Sunday matches.
100/1 - Chimneyboy: Probably too busy making up all of the above usernames to take charge of a full time professional football club.

you missed Jezebel of eden, Jonno, Mr Rahm, Compost, Carl B, Tony Cole.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Random Hero » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Tony Cole should honourably be kept on due to the sheer quality of the content of his posts.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Tony Cole should honourably be kept on due to the sheer quality of the content of his posts.

I agree and offered that.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:18 pm

I'd go for Luke but I'm not sure he's still alive. I'm sure he died then came back to life.
Anyone with powers of rejuvination would be able to do wonders.
Imagine the team he could assemble.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:48 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I stood no chance because of my infatuation in the 80’s with Paul and Barry Ryan!

would have stood even less chance if he had also spelled prescience correctly!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Spiritater wrote:I'd go for Luke but I'm not sure he's still alive. I'm sure he died then came back to life.
Anyone with powers of rejuvination would be able to do wonders.
Imagine the team he could assemble.

No chance. Luke hasn’t got the time to spare when he’s flying Thunderbird 2, squiring Salma Hayek, winning the Tour de France, curing cancer and halitosis, negotiating Brexit and writing his own name with wee wee in the snow.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PHILIP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Dumfries Stag has entered the market @25/1; Total fantasist

Calstag 10/1; will bombard the opposition with pointless videos.
PHILIP
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:06 pm

PHILIP wrote:Betballhocks are quoting early odds - any others noted in the market?

6/4 Foxy – often talks ballhocks and is likely obese - allegedly. Could make a player manager on the left. Likeable loose cannon.

3/1 Bellwhiff – often, hang on always, barks a load of ballhocks and is very likely obese - allegedly. Owns at least one motorbike so can get to Swindon fast. Fancied in the betting and by Spiritator. Will get to the point - quick!

7/2 Wilfred - cultured, but might not travel due to increasing infirmity. Experienced but ancient. Generous nature, but might have a grey beard .

6/1 Martin Shaw - often late with Match Reports but seems to know how to pick a team. Gets carried away on commo. Too small (5ft 2).

12/1 Spiritator - retired poet, but that might confuse West Country players. Knows a thing or to about bikes. Could make an assistant to Bellwhiff

25/1 Jamie - likely hooligan (reformed) and in cohoots with the dark lord - allegedly. Will swear black is white. Others preferred including Elaine. Keep up the good work though.

33/1 Doom Merchant - name says it all, spends too much time writing instead of coaching. Can be insightful, but like most authors likely bankrupt. A bit of a charmer.

50/1 Marky Mark - too clever by half. Enough said.

66/1 Georgefostersbeard – has too many baker days, so can only fullfill part time. Clever bloke, wasted in Lincs.

100/1 – Chimney – distracted by the opposite sex , Hull Stag – disappeared, but not forgotten,

I thought everyone in Lincolnshire was wasted but realised that it is just the limitations of the gene pool :lol:
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Has anyone heard why Swindon didn't play hard to get, was Flitcroft on his way out anyway?

Just asking.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:40 pm

oldweststander wrote:Has anyone heard why Swindon didn't play hard to get, was Flitcroft on his way out anyway?

Just asking.

:D just look at his Wiki ,his manager stats have got better each time he as gone to a new club.

So its to our gain if he was on the way out :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Flitcroft
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:42 pm

oldweststander wrote:Has anyone heard why Swindon didn't play hard to get, was Flitcroft on his way out anyway?

Just asking.

I think he was on a 1 year contract that expires at the end of the season so possibly cashing in now rather than him leaving at the end of the season?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Some of their fans slagged him off, something that never happens on here. Nudge Nudge. Wink Wink. Hope he is a winner.
oldnic
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:41 pm

m1cksut wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

would have stood even less chance if he had also spelled prescience correctly!

Presicely!
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Big Yella would've been my choice. Guy is never wrong about anything.

Stagsnet should open a gofundme page so he can take his FA badge courses in case Flitcroft ends up a bust..
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Expat Stag wrote:Big Yella would've been my choice. Guy is never wrong about anything.

Stagsnet should open a gofundme page so he can take his FA badge courses in case Flitcroft ends up a bust..

No need to gofundme, I'll do the course in Germany instead of the FA charging me 400% more for the same course. As for never being wrong you're actually right for once but will you let the wife know please. ;)
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum