{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

chairman backing the gaffer 100%

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: chairman backing the gaffer 100%

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Stafford wrote:Can't believe Pearce hasn't claimed all the major honours.

absolutely agree head n shoulders above the rest this season, Benning over Pearce ....really?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sun May 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Kernow wrote:CHAIRMANS PLAYER OF SEASON - MEL BENNING

who?
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 pm

grufti wrote:
Kernow wrote:CHAIRMANS PLAYER OF SEASON - MEL BENNING

who?

His sister I think?!.
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Mon May 08, 2017 12:32 am

sw19stag wrote:Golden boot?
What's that?

Most missed chances in a season?

As I have said in another thread, you have to get in a position to miss a chance.
For all the folk jumping on the Green hating band wagon, primarily 'cos Evans doesn't like him, he is still our top scorer this season despite being played as an isolated lone striker by Murray, hardly being played at all by Evans and when he has, playing him out of position. Thanks for the goals Greeny, had you been able to take all the Shaq 'one trip pony' penalties you would have easily have been 20+ this season

I tell you what, Greeny has been very professional about the whole situation, all credit to him.

There's no doubt in my mind he will come back and haunt us by scoring crucial goals against us, assuming that Evans will move him on.
pemill
First Team
First Team

Postby Keep it Simple » Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 am

pemill wrote:
What's that?

As I have said in another thread, you have to get in a position to miss a chance.
For all the folk jumping on the Green hating band wagon, primarily 'cos Evans doesn't like him, he is still our top scorer this season despite being played as an isolated lone striker by Murray, hardly being played at all by Evans and when he has, playing him out of position. Thanks for the goals Greeny, had you been able to take all the Shaq 'one trip pony' penalties you would have easily have been 20+ this season

I tell you what, Greeny has been very professional about the whole situation, all credit to him.

There's no doubt in my mind he will come back and haunt us by scoring crucial goals against us, assuming that Evans will move him on.

Totally spot on comment pemill, some on here have far too short memories.
A great servant for Mansfield who has been treated shall we say, looking from the outside , inconsistently by both managers.
Maybe Matt needs a move to rediscover his mojo, but when he was on, well he should never be disrespected on here. If he moves on good luck to the man.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 am

But was the food nice?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 am

Keep it Simple wrote:
pemill wrote:
What's that?

Totally spot on comment pemill, some on here have far too short memories.
A great servant for Mansfield who has been treated shall we say, looking from the outside , inconsistently by both managers.
Maybe Matt needs a move to rediscover his mojo, but when he was on, well he should never be disrespected on here. If he moves on good luck to the man.

Unfortunately some people can't help themselves. Matt Green has had his poorest season for us: most are in agreement about that. It is probably time for him to move on too, but why the hounding of a former hero? I certainly wouldn't want some people on this forum behind me; they'd knife anyone in the back.

If Green goes, he'll leave with only positive memories from me. And his legacy in our house is that my kids will grow up considering him in a similar fond light as I have for Georgie, Hitchy and Cass. They won't remember his disappointing 2016-17 season, they'll remember him shooting us to promotion.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 08, 2017 8:50 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Stafford wrote:Can't believe Pearce hasn't claimed all the major honours.

absolutely agree head n shoulders above the rest this season, Benning over Pearce ....really?

I'm flabbergasted. Pearce has been head and shoulders above everyone this season. A colossus. A monster. A leader. Barely putting a foot wrong. He should have swept the board and needed to plan for an extension for his trophy cabinet.

First name on the teamsheet for me.
Last edited by DoomMerchant on Mon May 08, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 am

Pearce has been solid all season and Rhys Bennett has also been excellent, once switched to centre back. He was a bit hit and miss for me at right back. It's clear they wanted the awards shared around, otherwise it would have been Pearce/Bennett for all best player awards.
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Im not the real OND » Mon May 08, 2017 10:50 am

Benning had a shaky start but was one of our most attacking players in the last few weeks of the season.

My personal preference would have been Bennett but I don't think there is much between him and Pearce.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 08, 2017 10:53 am

I wonder how many of our award winners will be with us next season? Usually our player of the season moves on.

Regarding Matt Green. He was one of the main reason why we were promoted. But things change and he has been average this season when compared with the leading league 2 strikers. It should also be remembered he left us to persue potentially a better future at Birmingham. No problem with that, a footballer's career is short.

However, another main reason we were promoted was PC managership. Although he stayed loyal when Notts County came calling, many fans could not wait to get rid of him when things went wrong. He was not helped by a reduced budget and a horrendous injury list.

It makes me wonder sometimes why there appears to be double standards when some individuals have periods below their normal standards.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon May 08, 2017 11:17 am

Matt Green's goals saved us from the football wilderness and I wish him well wherever he goes. On Saturday he looked truly gutted at the end of the game and walked down the entire length of the stand to say his goodbyes to everyone. I wish him every success in the future as it is clear Evans does not see him in his future plans after his public criticism. Greeny is a Stags legend and will always be welcome back to Field Mill.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon May 08, 2017 11:56 am

Spoke to Matt last night, he seemed low and said his future was unsure.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon May 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Such a shame.

However, the chairman has to back the manager and shouldnt interfere with playing matters. If SE sees Green as surplus to requirements, JR should accept this, shake his hand and respectfully move on.

IF Green stays, I think he will have to adapt to being a bit-part player and will need to up his game levels on possibly much reduced terms, which I think is fair given his performances since SE took over. You never know, he may flourish again with better players around him next season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 08, 2017 12:52 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Such a shame.

However, the chairman has to back the manager and shouldnt interfere with playing matters. If SE sees Green as surplus to requirements, JR should accept this, shake his hand and respectfully move on.

IF Green stays, I think he will have to adapt to being a bit-part player and will need to up his game levels on possibly much reduced terms, which I think is fair given his performances since SE took over. You never know, he may flourish again with better players around him next season.

Im in agreement with you, the vast majority have huge respect for matt. He's a good lad and had done wonders for us, though he's done this sometimes the shifting sands of time mean things change and aren't what they were.

Is matt the player he was at his pomp? No.

Some could use this as an excuse for him, but the fact remains had he not had that injury he more than likely wouldn't be here anyway - his miss against Portsmouth was criminal.

Are we the same side as when matt was in his pomp?

No. And the fact is he'llhave to up his ante a lot to be a starter next season and we should be looking for better forwards, ones that will score 20 goals a season. I don't believe he'll do that unfortinayely.

He's not worth the wage he's on, and this could be better used elsewhere.

I hope matt stays, but on a reduced wage would be beneficial.

If Lincoln come calling again with a substantial offer we should take it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm

adamstag wrote:

Im in agreement with you, the vast majority have huge respect for matt. He's a good lad and had done wonders for us, though he's done this sometimes the shifting sands of time mean things change and aren't what they were.

Some could use this as an excuse for him, but the fact remains had he not had that injury he more than likely wouldn't be here anyway - his miss against Portsmouth was criminal.

No. And the fact is he'llhave to up his ante a lot to be a starter next season and we should be looking for better forwards, ones that will score 20 goals a season. I don't believe he'll do that unfortinayely.

I think unless we offer him the same wages he can leave on a free transfer as he's over 24
bmthstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Mon May 08, 2017 1:15 pm

bmthstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I think unless we offer him the same wages he can leave on a free transfer as he's over 24

Like Lambe and Blair did last season.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon May 08, 2017 3:19 pm

One thing can be guaranteed. If Greenie left to join Lincoln City, he would score against us.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Never seen so much debate about a player on here
For me a legend and will always be remembered for league return but should never have come back and u cannot turn back the clock too easily and at the time we were so desperate for good goal scorer and thought Green would fit the bill but sadly he has been way short this season confidence and goal wise.
SE ambitions in mind, Green seems like a passenger hanging in on the back seats of the rollercoaster rather than in the front seat with his arms in the air!!
I would move on Matt and become another legend at another club and not sure the Imps would want him now.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon May 08, 2017 5:36 pm

;) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Mon May 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Steve Evans favourite on skybet for the Swindon town job.

Meeting with their owner today, gets idea of budget?

Meets JR tuesday, gets idea of budget?

Does/ Does not do player meetings wednesday.... hmmmm i very much doubt it. Stevie is our man!
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Steve is a Stag end of
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Steve Evans is favourite to be the next Swindon manager
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm

lifestags wrote:Steve Evans is favourite to be the next Swindon manager

They have not got a pot to pee in, so unless someone has won the lottery at Swindon evans will not be going there can't afford him
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 pm

aren't they another team being run poorly by the chairman?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum