{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Calstag » Thu May 04, 2017 11:05 pm

I think Evans is a man of his word, I admire his honesty and think he's just reminding the Radfords, on this occasion this man is bigger than this club, in other words we need him rather than he needs us! He will be hear next season

:coys:
Calstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 am
Location: Kirkby in ash

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Think people are reading far to much into things, conversations will be have been had behind closed doors long before now.

Evans said himself he's been planning for either league 1 or league 2 for months.

Regarding White for all we know JR has said either I don't want to pay that price (If they're over valuing him) or no Steve wait until after Saturday to see if our season is over or not.

Articles are wrote to stimulate interest even a throw away comment, that has a small detail missing, can be spun to mean something quite different.

I think we all also know we aint going up unless we spend some cash, he's not asking for Portsmouth budget is he just a fair amount. If JR supports him and he fails however thats a different story.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 am

Dogface wrote:You couldn't be further from the truth waggy. Was that meant to be an intellectual response.? Not very bright


Do you actually have a dog face?
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3252
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby wardy12345 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 am

So far JR has been good to the club and looked after the clubs interests and rebuilt the club it looks like the time is right to go to the next level now the training facilities are being built
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 05, 2017 8:20 am

Quite simply he is just pressuring the chairman to cough up.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Jamie » Fri May 05, 2017 8:31 am

I don't see why that kind of comment is necessary unless he knows something already.

I wouldn't put any money on him still being our manager come August. Hope im wrong, obviously but hes going to be attract interest in the summer.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Im not the real OND » Fri May 05, 2017 8:43 am

Everything Evan's says is for the benefit of Steve Evans. The reference to his past success in every interview he does is keeping his name out there. Every time he blames a referee he is deflecting any acceptance that he may have made mistakes. He's hankering after a big war chest and in doing so, is putting public pressure on Radford and sowing the seeds for an excuse to leave. If this is agreed, as he keeps mentioning, why bring it up as an issue?

My prediction -
Evans keeps sowing the seeds of wanting a top 6 budget.
A League One club makes him an offer.
The budget he has agreed previously is now no longer good enough.
He has 'no choice' but to leave but he would have loved to have stayed because this is a 'great club'.

Whilst I'm at it, ;) ...... Why is there the need for a massive budget to get out of this division? Add a goalscorer to this side and we would be comfortably in the play offs this season, even with a dodgy start. Without the managerial mistakes in the New Year and a few unlucky decisions we should be comfortably in them anyway. I see no reason for ripping up the squad and spending money the club cant afford to pay back, simply to pander to Evans' need to play fantasy football (Although I accept that there is a skill to spending wisely).
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 05, 2017 8:45 am

I know what you mean jamie. But hopefully JR can give him the tools. Otherwise what's the point. We've galvanised the town and got some momentum behind us. Letting evans go would just stop all that.

Evans knows he is better than we currently are. The chairman has little room to manoeuvre in this negotiation.

Myadvice would be give him what he wants, and then some.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I know what you mean jamie. But hopefully JR can give him the tools. Otherwise what's the point. We've galvanised the town and got some momentum behind us. Letting evans go would just stop all that.

Evans knows he is better than we currently are. The chairman has little room to manoeuvre in this negotiation.

Myadvice would be give him what he wants, and then some.
And bankrupt the club?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 05, 2017 9:53 am

Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I know what you mean jamie. But hopefully JR can give him the tools. Otherwise what's the point. We've galvanised the town and got some momentum behind us. Letting evans go would just stop all that.

Evans knows he is better than we currently are. The chairman has little room to manoeuvre in this negotiation.

Myadvice would be give him what he wants, and then some.
And bankrupt the club?


yeah, bankrupt the club.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 am

Lets be under no illusion Steve Evans is very good at what he does and he will do his upmost for any club he goes to and give it everything he has but at the same time he is a professional and he knows the next job is only ever about 8 bad results away.

This rhetoric is to remind our chairman he is hot property at this level but its also to make sure the next chairman knows that and the next and the next and so on. He knows how to play the game and how to get what he wants and fair play to him it mostly works.

Personally don't buy into the fact that clubs and agents will inflate prices because for all his bluster Evans is no ones fool and won't pay over the odds.

In my view he is going nowhere just establishing his position.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby bux46 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:41 am

Something I have never looked into ..... But how would anyone know at what level our budget is at ?? do we have to report this to the league ??
User avatar
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 05, 2017 11:06 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Lets be under no illusion Steve Evans is very good at what he does and he will do his upmost for any club he goes to and give it everything he has but at the same time he is a professional and he knows the next job is only ever about 8 bad results away.

This rhetoric is to remind our chairman he is hot property at this level but its also to make sure the next chairman knows that and the next and the next and so on. He knows how to play the game and how to get what he wants and fair play to him it mostly works.

Personally don't buy into the fact that clubs and agents will inflate prices because for all his bluster Evans is no ones fool and won't pay over the odds.

In my view he is going nowhere just establishing his position.


You have eloquently articulated EXACTLY how I see the situation.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I know what you mean jamie. But hopefully JR can give him the tools. Otherwise what's the point. We've galvanised the town and got some momentum behind us. Letting evans go would just stop all that.

Evans knows he is better than we currently are. The chairman has little room to manoeuvre in this negotiation.

Myadvice would be give him what he wants, and then some.
And bankrupt the club?


yeah, bankrupt the club.

JR is a shrewd business man who will know exactly how much budget the club can afford. If it is less than SE expects I can see a parting of the waves. To burden the club with debt for the sake of a couple of glory years would be madness. The budget will be set at what JR 's pocket can afford and how many fans JR anticipates will come through the turnstiles.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I know what you mean jamie. But hopefully JR can give him the tools. Otherwise what's the point. We've galvanised the town and got some momentum behind us. Letting evans go would just stop all that.

Evans knows he is better than we currently are. The chairman has little room to manoeuvre in this negotiation.

Myadvice would be give him what he wants, and then some.
And bankrupt the club?


yeah, bankrupt the club.

JR is a shrewd business man who will know exactly how much budget the club can afford. If it is less than SE expects I can see a parting of the waves. To burden the club with debt for the sake of a couple of glory years would be madness. The budget will be set at what JR 's pocket can afford and how many fans JR anticipates will come through the turnstiles.


No one really knows the value of JR's wealth, the value of the sponsorship deals, the value of the projected incomes, the budget Murray had to work with etc. In reality Andy, we dont know anything about the finances, what a top 6 budget looks like or what spunking a few more £ at it will do. I personally am not risk averse, but you seem to be. Both opinions are fine.

But with more risk potentially has more reward, that's all I'll say.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Stoney » Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 pm

It all looks to me like Evans is putting himself in the shop window to be honest. I could be wrong but I think he'll be leaving us for a league one side in the next couple of months. How many times does he have to say 'if I'm here'?
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Ridge » Fri May 05, 2017 1:34 pm

I can't see what all of the fuss is about here.

Hasn't Evans spent big budgets at the majority of the clubs he's been at? If so, none of this should have come as any surprise to the Radfords, after bringing him on board in the first place. They will have known he'd be expecting a big budget and I doubt he'd have signed if he thought it wouldn't be forthcoming.
Ridge
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby part time pete » Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 pm

bux46 wrote:Something I have never looked into ..... But how would anyone know at what level our budget is at ?? do we have to report this to the league ??


Yes, budget have to reported to the league, the league then compile a league table with the clubs name crossed out and send it back to the clubs.

Each club knows where they are in the table, and can guess where the other clubs are.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5921
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby stag324 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:40 pm

glass half full or half empty.

For me we have probably the most exciting summer to look forward since I've been following the stags. Some 35 years.

Lets enjoy it, see who Evans brings in and I have a gut feeling the good times are really just around the corner.

If memory serves me right we will be finally rid of Haslam once and for all.

What a great time to be a stags fan
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I know what you mean jamie. But hopefully JR can give him the tools. Otherwise what's the point. We've galvanised the town and got some momentum behind us. Letting evans go would just stop all that.

Evans knows he is better than we currently are. The chairman has little room to manoeuvre in this negotiation.

Myadvice would be give him what he wants, and then some.
And bankrupt the club?


yeah, bankrupt the club.

JR is a shrewd business man who will know exactly how much budget the club can afford. If it is less than SE expects I can see a parting of the waves. To burden the club with debt for the sake of a couple of glory years would be madness. The budget will be set at what JR 's pocket can afford and how many fans JR anticipates will come through the turnstiles.


No one really knows the value of JR's wealth, the value of the sponsorship deals, the value of the projected incomes, the budget Murray had to work with etc. In reality Andy, we dont know anything about the finances, what a top 6 budget looks like or what spunking a few more £ at it will do. I personally am not risk averse, but you seem to be. Both opinions are fine.

But with more risk potentially has more reward, that's all I'll say.
I think JR should give him the best budget he can afford, because SE has proven he can get teams promoted. But to go beyond the club's means would be foolish. The long term future of the club is surely uppermost.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 05, 2017 6:36 pm

You're absolutely right Andy, and I think that we can all agree on certain things:
1) We want success for MTFC
2) We want to see Steve Evans as manager
3) We still want a club to support in 5-10 years time
4) We don't want a ch*****field type scenario

I have complete trust in John Radford. He is a smart fella and will do the right thing for Mansfield Town; if that includes Steve Evans, great; if not, so be it. He's the holder of a two year contract, which is likely to be pretty lucrative for him. We fans, and particularly the Radford's, don't deserve spin; JR has so far backed his man. If he's worth his salt, next season is open to any manager with a reasonable budget to win.

What matters is that silly spending doesn't wreck our club, long after Steve Evans is gone.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9300
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby stagmanrob » Fri May 05, 2017 7:40 pm

I was slated on here when I was against the appointment of Evans.
I was against the appointment entirely for the reasons being highlighted in this thread.

If he's trying to hold the club to ransom, let him go elsewhere. I said all along, you only have to look at the mess left behind at Rotherham and Crawley to see he has a track record of short-term gain, but longer term pain.

I'm sure if JR's budget doesn't meet his expectations, it would more than exceed the budget afforded to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink that allowed a club smaller than ours to get into the Championship. Further proving Doomy's point that there are other managers out there who can succeed without the need to spunk our future away.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 05, 2017 8:11 pm

stagmanrob wrote:I was slated on here when I was against the appointment of Evans.
I was against the appointment entirely for the reasons being highlighted in this thread.

If he's trying to hold the club to ransom, let him go elsewhere. I said all along, you only have to look at the mess left behind at Rotherham and Crawley to see he has a track record of short-term gain, but longer term pain.

I'm sure if JR's budget doesn't meet his expectations, it would more than exceed the budget afforded to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink that allowed a club smaller than ours to get into the Championship. Further proving Doomy's point that there are other managers out there who can succeed without the need to spunk our future away.
I also had similar reservations, but I have warmed to him since he has been here. He seemed to embrace the club and spoke well of the Radfords. But I have some small doubts creeping back. Let's hope they can work together and the club prospers.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby oldweststander » Fri May 05, 2017 8:25 pm

For whatever reason, Peterborough do seem to like winding Mansfield up. Good club's do not make statements re other club's chairman. They said something similar earlier in the season,maybe it's SE who they would rather not deal with, who knows?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Stoney » Fri May 05, 2017 9:37 pm

oldweststander wrote:For whatever reason, Peterborough do seem to like winding Mansfield up. Good club's do not make statements re other club's chairman. They said something similar earlier in the season,maybe it's SE who they would rather not deal with, who knows?

I doubt that... we have Shaq and White on loan from them. Evans lives in Peterborough I think and he's good friends with Barry Fry.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests