{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Chadman » Thu May 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Evans said today he believes John Radford won't let him down in his pledge to give him one of the top six budgets in the division next season.

Evans also said to not win at Crawley and see the other results go Mansfield's way would be unthinkable and unbearable while Rhys Bennett pledged the players would go '1,00mph' to make sure they got the result

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8527407

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8527415

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8527455
Chadman
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 pm

I hope they go a bit faster than 1.00mph.

100mph maybe ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20800
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 04, 2017 6:30 pm

A 'top six budget' shouldn't be that difficult next season. Look at the club's; who out of that division would anyone expect to blow a few bob? Luton, if they stay down? Lincoln, with their cup run cash? I'm struggling with anyone else and would imagine that this season has seen the four biggest spenders finish in the top four places - which is handy.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9300
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Kenwood » Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A 'top six budget' shouldn't be that difficult next season. Look at the club's; who out of that division would anyone expect to blow a few bob? Luton, if they stay down? Lincoln, with their cup run cash? I'm struggling with anyone else and would imagine that this season has seen the four biggest spenders finish in the top four places - which is handy.


Agree if ever Radford was going to "have a go" and spend some cash with the league next year and SE on board hopefully next season has to be as good a time as ever
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby lancer » Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Thing is, its no good saying that the chairman will give him a lot of money to spend, thats because clubs will inflate their players value.
Best is try and keep a low profile.
User avatar
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Dogface » Thu May 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Why would Evans continue to make this a public issue? I would've thought it would've already been agreed or otherwise with Radford. Seems a little odd to me
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 pm

lancer wrote:Thing is, its no good saying that the chairman will give him a lot of money to spend, thats because clubs will inflate their players value.
Best is try and keep a low profile.

That's a valid point. Also agents of out of contract players will demand high wages for their clients.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Buying players with a top 6 budget hopefully giving them contracts that will give a return on JR money if we promoted or buy players that will be able to give the Stags back to back promotions. Spend well this summer profit hopefully for the next two.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 04, 2017 8:46 pm

"We need a top six budget or in reality there's no point in me staying" - Steve Evans.

It's obviously, put public emphasis on JR week. A poor tone for me. This should all be done behind closed doors, as it only invites speculation.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9300
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 04, 2017 8:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:"We need a top six budget or in reality there's no point in me staying" - Steve Evans.

It's obviously, put public emphasis on JR week. A poor tone for me. This should all be done behind closed doors, as it only invites speculation.
Yes it does.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby part time pete » Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 pm

Interesting comment in Peterborough paper yesterday

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... -1-7943308

Apparently Evans wants to sign White but JR will not stump up cash.

Also another League Two team after Shaq.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 pm

I thought we had a deal for both players lined up, so a fee was agreed with peterborough already and it was our choice at the end of the season if we wanted him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5807
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Dogface » Thu May 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Something doesn't feel right for me between Evans expectations and the chairman. The tone indicates there is a problem somewhere.
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 04, 2017 9:21 pm

How much do we think Evans will be working with this summer?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5807
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Undisclosed fee ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20800
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Sneag » Thu May 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:"We need a top six budget or in reality there's no point in me staying" - Steve Evans.

It's obviously, put public emphasis on JR week. A poor tone for me. This should all be done behind closed doors, as it only invites speculation.
Yes it does.


The more raspberry like this that Evans comes out with the more I dislike the bloke.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Thu May 04, 2017 9:35 pm

part time pete wrote:Interesting comment in Peterborough paper yesterday

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... -1-7943308

Apparently Evans wants to sign White but JR will not stump up cash.

Also another League Two team after Shaq.

Not much of a story. That just reads to me like Fry is trying to generate more interest in the players they want to sell, to hopefully inflate their value. JR is possibly playing hardball, I'd rather that than he just chucks cash around and gets the club into a mess.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu May 04, 2017 9:40 pm

So JR states he wants to be in the championship, Evans reminds him he needs a decent budget .
Nothing to see here.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 04, 2017 10:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:How much do we think Evans will be working with this summer?

More importantly how much do we think Evans will be working FOR us this summer ? For me it's gone from 90% to 50%.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Dogface » Thu May 04, 2017 10:27 pm

I have a suspicion he is not staying around.
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 04, 2017 10:31 pm

I would be absolutely gutted if he left after half a season, but i dont think he'll be off
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5807
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Dogface » Thu May 04, 2017 10:37 pm

I agree. Tone suggests all is not well. We shall see next week
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
part time pete wrote:Interesting comment in Peterborough paper yesterday

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... -1-7943308

Apparently Evans wants to sign White but JR will not stump up cash.

Also another League Two team after Shaq.

Not much of a story. That just reads to me like Fry is trying to generate more interest in the players they want to sell, to hopefully inflate their value. JR is possibly playing hardball, I'd rather that than he just chucks cash around and gets the club into a mess.

I'm sure that's right.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19646
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Waggy » Thu May 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Dogface wrote:I agree. Tone suggests all is not well. We shall see next week


Troll alert! Go back to your own misery, Spireite loser
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
User avatar
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby Dogface » Thu May 04, 2017 11:04 pm

You couldn't be further from the truth waggy. Was that meant to be an intellectual response.? Not very bright
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 69 guests