{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Evans expects top six budget - press conference stories

Postby garlic » Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:I was slated on here when I was against the appointment of Evans.
I was against the appointment entirely for the reasons being highlighted in this thread.

If he's trying to hold the club to ransom, let him go elsewhere. I said all along, you only have to look at the mess left behind at Rotherham and Crawley to see he has a track record of short-term gain, but longer term pain.

I'm sure if JR's budget doesn't meet his expectations, it would more than exceed the budget afforded to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink that allowed a club smaller than ours to get into the Championship. Further proving Doomy's point that there are other managers out there who can succeed without the need to spunk our future away.
I also had similar reservations, but I have warmed to him since he has been here. He seemed to embrace the club and spoke well of the Radfords. But I have some small doubts creeping back. Let's hope they can work together and the club prospers.

I think both of you are on the right track. Evans gets buys promotions, he buys players like ready made meals, but doesnt seem to develop talent and leave a sustainable success, and what MTFC needs is a developer of talent, a proper coach as well as manager and mr. Evans isnt of that ilk. So he will get us promoted, but whether he leaves behind a club that stays promoted is very doubtful.
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby natfromboza » Fri May 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Personally I hope Evans stays. Massive fan of his and for once, I want some excitement as a Stags fan. It doesn't happen all that often and we've got a real chance with Evans leading us to experience some real highs. Just ask yourselves this. Think back to the first 3 months of the season, did you go home after the match thinking - I was entertained, I certainly didn't. Since Evans has been at the helm though it's a different story. Football is about entertainment and we need Evans in charge to provide that.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bluenyellow » Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Look at Mr's radfords facebook page,maybe a clue.
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun May 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Eh?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun May 07, 2017 5:23 pm

what's it say not on fb
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun May 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:I was slated on here when I was against the appointment of Evans.
I was against the appointment entirely for the reasons being highlighted in this thread.

If he's trying to hold the club to ransom, let him go elsewhere. I said all along, you only have to look at the mess left behind at Rotherham and Crawley to see he has a track record of short-term gain, but longer term pain.

I'm sure if JR's budget doesn't meet his expectations, it would more than exceed the budget afforded to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink that allowed a club smaller than ours to get into the Championship. Further proving Doomy's point that there are other managers out there who can succeed without the need to spunk our future away.
I also had similar reservations, but I have warmed to him since he has been here. He seemed to embrace the club and spoke well of the Radfords. But I have some small doubts creeping back. Let's hope they can work together and the club prospers.

Whilst I see the pattern and agree that it's concerning I would argue that the financial management of the club is not Evan's responsibility. The Radford's have brought him here on promises and if they back up these promises and stump up the promised riches then Evans should not be blamed for spending it, he can only be blamed for the results and in the previous cases he has delivered.
Ultimately it's the Radford's club whether you like it or not and if it does end it tears let's hope we can enjoy the ride along the way and appreciate it for what it is.
Personally I can't see the Radford's being held to ransom but I can also see him backing up whatever was agreed at the start of Evan's tenure. All in all I'm expecting an entertaining season next year if nothing else!
Jimstag
First Team
First Team

Postby old ram stag » Sun May 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Radford just confirmed in his speech at the end of season dinner he will back Evans all the way with what ever he wants to get promotion.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon May 08, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I think that Evans has been out of order in his brinkmanship with the chairman and basically threatening him via the media.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Steve Evans new favourite for Swindon job
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon May 08, 2017 7:13 pm

lifestags wrote:Steve Evans new favourite for Swindon job

no chance
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

no chance

Get used to this type of speculation, because that's what you get with a manager in demand like SE.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Coincidence the day before his big meeting with JR?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

How incredibly tedious this will he/wont he debate has already become. And all instigated by self-inducing comments from the manager.

I want a manager here who wants to be here, not just because he has the biggest budget. I'm not naive enough to realise that it plays a part in attracting the better managers but please, a little loyalty to that contract. If we're going to have to put up with nonsense all summer, despite the manager having two more years on his contact, then please shoot me now.
Last edited by DoomMerchant on Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon May 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

no chance

Get used to this type of speculation, because that's what you get with a manager in demand like SE.

And with paranoid fans like ours!
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 am

Top 6 budget sounds great but if Looton go up there are fairly few 'big' clubs unlike this season
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum