{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Saturday's crowd

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Saturday's crowd

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:28 pm

So if we've sold 6,200 in total, I wonder how the ticket booths are going to cope tomorrow.

Lot's of folk (the unprepared folk) are going to turn up with the expectations of seats in the IG, when it's going to be sold out, or reserved (or whatever they're doing with the spare capacity) and presumably be disappointed, and put in the QLE?

One other questions, if we're complying with these idiots from SAG, why is the away capacity still held down to 1,500? the stand holds another 400?

Surely, if they're only letting 1,500 in that stand it would be more secure to put the extra 400 in there first than put them in home ends?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm

If people sat in the seat of their ticket then there isnt an issue
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 pm

adamstag wrote:So if we've sold 6,200 in total, I wonder how the ticket booths are going to cope tomorrow.

Lot's of folk (the unprepared folk) are going to turn up with the expectations of seats in the IG, when it's going to be sold out, or reserved (or whatever they're doing with the spare capacity) and presumably be disappointed, and put in the QLE?

One other questions, if we're complying with these idiots from SAG, why is the away capacity still held down to 1,500? the stand holds another 400?

Surely, if they're only letting 1,500 in that stand it would be more secure to put the extra 400 in there first than put them in home ends?

Adam not sure where you're get the info regarding away fans being put in the home end? Makes closing the gate a mockery.

Maybe Steve H can answer why tickets aren't on sale in QL A block, IGS blocks J, F, G, H and away end limited to 1,500.

Gut feel is 20% restriction in place (maybe through choice as the turnout wasn’t expected?) but would need confirmation from someone at the club.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm

I thought the ground capacity had been restored to 100% a few years ago after the Liverpool game !? the only recent issue was the incident in the away end regarding a Notts fan . Maybe the attendance was reduced in NS again after that !?
Years ago KH put metal gates in the Lower Ian Greaves stand , to segregate fans on such occasions like tomorrow where home & away support could be housed in one stand ! Presumably Stags fans in upper & away fans in Lower ?!
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Stags fans with missiles in the IGU with Pompey fans as targets in the IGL perhaps?
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Amberheart wrote:I thought the ground capacity had been restored to 100% a few years ago after the Liverpool game !? the only recent issue was the incident in the away end regarding a Notts fan . Maybe the attendance was reduced in NS again after that !?
Years ago KH put metal gates in the Lower Ian Greaves stand , to segregate fans on such occasions like tomorrow where home & away support could be housed in one stand ! Presumably Stags fans in upper & away fans in Lower ?!

I thought the same, though not sure why we should be sanctioned for the Notts fan who caused trouble themselves, nothing to do with us
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:36 pm

adamstag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:I thought the ground capacity had been restored to 100% a few years ago after the Liverpool game !? the only recent issue was the incident in the away end regarding a Notts fan . Maybe the attendance was reduced in NS again after that !?

I thought the same, though not sure why we should be sanctioned for the Notts fan who caused trouble themselves, nothing to do with us

Pretty sure I've read somewhere the capacity was reduced by SAG after this. Think it's the reason why Grimsby Donny and indeed Notts didn't fill it entirely this season
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Probably right, but I don't get how that's our fault.

SAG are the most ridiculous bunch of folk
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:04 pm

So a jobsworth councillor getting bounced by his own fellow fans costs us thousands?

Will County be punished in the same way after thousands of Pompey fans invaded their pitch?

Thought not.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:So a jobsworth councillor getting bounced by his own fellow fans costs us thousands?

Will County be punished in the same way after thousands of Pompey fans invaded their pitch?

Thought not.

one steward at notts has been sacked for tripping a kid up running on the pitch :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 pm

I better pre order a pie for half time
pemill
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 pm

I've had a call from the club to clarify that the Quarry Lane Stand and West Stand are for Mansfield fans only (caveat, apart from hospitality in the West Stand).

There are no seats knowingly sold to, or set aside for, Pompey fans in these two stands.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I've had a call from the club to clarify that the Quarry Lane Stand and West Stand are for Mansfield fans only (caveat, apart from hospitality in the West Stand).

There are no seats knowingly sold to, or set aside for, Pompey fans in these two stands.

Martin thanks for this as was my understanding.

However did the club confirm why tickets aren't on sale J upper IGS and F, G, H lower IGS given the demand? Is this through the clubs choice?

It will be interesting to see what happens should additional capacity be required over and above the blocks on sale. Depends how many turn up last minute tomorrow.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Re-arrange these words to create a genuine view of MTFC and it's ticketing policy:

COULDN'T
IN
THEY
A
PISS-UP
BREWERY
A
ARRANGE
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Re-arrange these words to create a genuine view of MTFC and it's ticketing policy:

COULDN'T
IN
THEY
A
PISS-UP
BREWERY
A
ARRANGE

ARRANGE A IN BREWERY PISS-UP COULDN'T THEY A
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Foxy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Re-arrange these words to create a genuine view of MTFC and it's ticketing policy:

COULDN'T
IN
THEY
A
PISS-UP
BREWERY
A
ARRANGE

Correct Foxster
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I've had a call from the club to clarify that the Quarry Lane Stand and West Stand are for Mansfield fans only (caveat, apart from hospitality in the West Stand).

However did the club confirm why tickets aren't on sale J upper IGS and F, G, H lower IGS given the demand? Is this through the clubs choice?

It will be interesting to see what happens should additional capacity be required over and above the blocks on sale. Depends how many turn up last minute tomorrow.

The reasoning is simple, theses blocks have not been on general sale all season. This was done to save on stewarding costs. Therefore they weren't on sale at first for this game, they now are on sale. My friend picked two up for us in one of those blocks today.

The club will have tried selling the already used blocks first, before opening up the others.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Big yella wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

The reasoning is simple, theses blocks have not been on general sale all season. This was done to save on stewarding costs. Therefore they weren't on sale at first for this game, they now are on sale. My friend picked two up for us in one of those blocks today.

The club will have tried selling the already used blocks first, before opening up the others.

Thanks for confirming big yella, just wanted to confirm it's the clubs choice rather than imposed restrictions :coys:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 pm

:) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:17 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

Wow that's fantastic! 8,000 on the day ?
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Amberheart wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

Wow that's fantastic! 8,000 on the day ?

I imagine this will swell to 7000.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:59 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Foxy wrote:

COULDN'T
IN
THEY
A
PISS-UP
BREWERY
A
ARRANGE

Correct Foxster

What about COULDN'T THEY ARRANGE A PISS-UP IN A BREWERY ? Especially if we win tomorrow, it'd be great :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 pm

No tickets now on sale. Is this intentional or has the ticketing system gone into meltdown?
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:09 am

bigalstag wrote:No tickets now on sale. Is this intentional or has the ticketing system gone into meltdown?

I think we have probably approached the maximum we are allowed to sell.
The demand has probably surprised the club.
It's strange that we are limited to around 75-80% capacity, the clue being the allocation of away supporters in a 1910 capacity stand.
This season the away allocation has been reduced by around a hundred compared to last season, why?
If its all ticket and allocated seating then there should be no reason as to why all 1910 tickets cannot be sold !!!
The same must apply to the IGS and Quarry Lane?
Arsenal have a capacity of 60,000 and can sell all available tickets.
Chesterfield can sell all 10,000 of theirs, same goes for almost all other grounds, why can't we?

Can anyone connected to the club shed any light on this issue?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
First Team
First Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:28 am

ST4GS wrote:
bigalstag wrote:No tickets now on sale. Is this intentional or has the ticketing system gone into meltdown?

I think we have probably approached the maximum we are allowed to sell.
The demand has probably surprised the club.
It's strange that we are limited to around 75-80% capacity, the clue being the allocation of away supporters in a 1910 capacity stand.
This season the away allocation has been reduced by around a hundred compared to last season, why?
If its all ticket and allocated seating then there should be no reason as to why all 1910 tickets cannot be sold !!!
The same must apply to the IGS and Quarry Lane?
Arsenal have a capacity of 60,000 and can sell all available tickets.
Chesterfield can sell all 10,000 of theirs, same goes for almost all other grounds, why can't we?

Can anyone connected to the club shed any light on this issue?

Easy, SAG. (Staunchly Against Gatherings)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum