{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Evans

Postby stags4eva » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:16 am

Don't get me wrong i like Evans and think he will do great things with us but i'm getting bored of his 'it's not our fault' attitude after every game.

We were rubbish today, completely clueless going forward and not for the first time recently. Yet i have a look on the official website and all i see is Evans moaning about the ref and the 'penalty incident'

I don't know what Steve was watching but it was never a pen in a million years, he should be more worried about our complete lack of quality and endeavour than the officials performance IMO!
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Evans

Postby mansfield_smooth » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:40 am

How was that not a penalty? He's shoved him over with both hands.....
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
User avatar
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2986
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Evans

Postby Frontrowhero » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 am

it was a penalty, but we deserved nothing from yesterday. we were woeful going forward, clueless long ball tactics. really need to start building for next season. not sure who steve will keep in the midfield and forwards based on the last month performances. good news is defence looks alright, taft was good yesterday and if fit we need to keep next season
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: Evans

Postby TBS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:40 am

If Exeter's was a penalty last week, the one yesterday was concrete. Anywhere else on the pitch & it's a free kick.

The ref wasn't great again & Danny Rose, like last week was repeatedly fouled with nothing given.

Steve will get things right, and next season is one to look forward to, get saving for your season tickets!
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
User avatar
TBS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Next to the kettle.

Re: Evans

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:41 am

stags4eva wrote:Don't get me wrong i like Evans and think he will do great things with us but i'm getting bored of his 'it's not our fault' attitude after every game.

We were rubbish today, completely clueless going forward and not for the first time recently. Yet i have a look on the official website and all i see is Evans moaning about the ref and the 'penalty incident'

I don't know what Steve was watching but it was never a pen in a million years, he should be more worried about our complete lack of quality and endeavour than the officials performance IMO!


I agree. He is getting boring - both with his strategy and his post-match comments.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Evans

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:04 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stags4eva wrote:Don't get me wrong i like Evans and think he will do great things with us but i'm getting bored of his 'it's not our fault' attitude after every game.

We were rubbish today, completely clueless going forward and not for the first time recently. Yet i have a look on the official website and all i see is Evans moaning about the ref and the 'penalty incident'

I don't know what Steve was watching but it was never a pen in a million years, he should be more worried about our complete lack of quality and endeavour than the officials performance IMO!


I agree. He is getting boring - both with his strategy and his post-match comments.
I thought it would take a bit longer, but inevitably because we don't achieve what some fans want, the manager is deemed to be rubbish. Hmm.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 am

I like him, I think his personality and character is good for the club - he will clearly attract the right talent and I look forward to his interviews unlike most of our previous managers. I do however think he has been tactically naive in a number of games, completely misreading the Exeter game last week, reducing our bright attacking side to a reactive team struggling to get hold of the ball. We are best when we are playing the ball on the ground and getting in behind teams, not sitting back and inviting teams on to us - relying on the hit and hope (and Shaq holding it up/falling over) in the channels. As a result, he is being found out by most top teams.
Tawnystag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: Evans

Postby stags4eva » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:08 am

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stags4eva wrote:Don't get me wrong i like Evans and think he will do great things with us but i'm getting bored of his 'it's not our fault' attitude after every game.

We were rubbish today, completely clueless going forward and not for the first time recently. Yet i have a look on the official website and all i see is Evans moaning about the ref and the 'penalty incident'

I don't know what Steve was watching but it was never a pen in a million years, he should be more worried about our complete lack of quality and endeavour than the officials performance IMO!


I agree. He is getting boring - both with his strategy and his post-match comments.
I thought it would take a bit longer, but inevitably because we don't achieve what some fans want, the manager is deemed to be rubbish. Hmm.


I'm not calling him rubbish by any means he's probably the best manager we could get. It just concerns me going forward that in post match interviews he seems to blame everyone but ourselves when we've been no where near good enough. It would be more refreshing if he just held his hands up and said we need to be much better.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Evans

Postby Norman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:19 am

Thought I was whatching the cheap options team yesterday. Total clear out of the current strikers and midfield is required for next season and that includes Green!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Evans

Postby ParisStag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 am

Nothing he does it by accident or hasn't been thought through. If he's commenting a certain way, it's because he has a reason. It's all part of the plan.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Evans

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 am

I like SE on the radio, ok he may dress up situations to us punters but rest assured he will be acting rather differently in private with his players and coaching staff. He's a breath of fresh air on the radio after AM.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Evans

Postby robda1st » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:35 am

Steve Evans is the best manager we've had in ages and he is the man to get us up of that I have no doubt but if we finish were we are now then he's been disappointing as I think when he was appointed JR at least expected top half, Evans will build his own team in the summer and sort us out for next season
robda1st
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2990
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:59 am

Re: Evans

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 am

Norman wrote:Thought I was whatching the cheap options team yesterday. Total clear out of the current strikers and midfield is required for next season and that includes Green!

our form since Jan 1st is promotion form. That is in no small part due to Ben Whiteman and Joel Byrom in midfield, who have helped to transform our season, both performing extremely well in general. And you want to clear them out.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18800
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Evans

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 am

It was not a great game. Donny did not play that well but just about deserved their win. I would have took the penalty at the end but I thought we were poor in the 2nd half. Donny got on the front foot and their substitutions won them the game. James Coppinger and Alfie May gave them that extra energy and cutting edge that they had been missing in the first half. The Stags only started to wake up once we went a goal down (although we could easily have been 2-0 down). I thought we played far too many long balls which were easily dealt with by Butler and Baudry. Overall, a disappointing performance.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Evans

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 pm

stags4eva wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stags4eva wrote:Don't get me wrong i like Evans and think he will do great things with us but i'm getting bored of his 'it's not our fault' attitude after every game.

We were rubbish today, completely clueless going forward and not for the first time recently. Yet i have a look on the official website and all i see is Evans moaning about the ref and the 'penalty incident'

I don't know what Steve was watching but it was never a pen in a million years, he should be more worried about our complete lack of quality and endeavour than the officials performance IMO!


I agree. He is getting boring - both with his strategy and his post-match comments.
I thought it would take a bit longer, but inevitably because we don't achieve what some fans want, the manager is deemed to be rubbish. Hmm.


I'm not calling him rubbish by any means he's probably the best manager we could get. It just concerns me going forward that in post match interviews he seems to blame everyone but ourselves when we've been no where near good enough. It would be more refreshing if he just held his hands up and said we need to be much better.
Maybe I'm overstating it, but there are definate rumblings of dissatisfaction. And we all know where they lead. Judge him next season when he has assembled his team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans

Postby Big yella » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Norman wrote:Thought I was whatching the cheap options team yesterday. Total clear out of the current strikers and midfield is required for next season and that includes Green!

our form since Jan 1st is promotion form. That is in no small part due to Ben Whiteman and Joel Byrom in midfield, who have helped to transform our season, both performing extremely well in general. And you want to clear them out.

That's because he's an idiot Martin.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4035
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Evans

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:46 pm

He raised expectations prematurely by getting us into the play off picture, only for the side to stutter in recent weeks. I think he has done fine. My only minor gripe is that I still think our best 2 up front are Rose and Green and I don't think he has added better attacking options.

However, I don't think this season is over yet, though next week is I believe the first genuine "must win" game. If we don't win the next two, I think we will drop out of contention. Win the next 2 and we might just have a chance.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Evans

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Agree he didn't really strengthen our attacking line all that much,only Shaq and Arquin brought in and while Coulthirst has bagged a few Arquin has been mostly anonymous apart from his worldy against accrington

I assume evans had some better targets in mind but they could not reach a deal or moved somewhere else
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5317
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Evans

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Agree he didn't really strengthen our attacking line all that much,only Shaq and Arquin brought in and while Coulthirst has bagged a few Arquin has been mostly anonymous apart from his worldy against accrington

I assume evans had some better targets in mind but they could not reach a deal or moved somewhere else
I think you are correct in that assumption. The January window is not easy. I expect him to do better in the August window.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5754
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Evans

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I have a strong suspicion that evans thinks our players are dog turd. He defends them and heaps praise on them but I think several of them will be shown the door.

He can and will get good players in backed by Johnny Radical.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Evans

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I agree AWC. He cant really say anything other than he's supports the players whilst they are under his stewardship. In the summer, I expect major surgery to get what he came for - promotion

:good_post:
Fatty played us good and proper
User avatar
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Evans

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:I agree AWC. He cant really say anything other than he's supports the players whilst they are under his stewardship. In the summer, I expect major surgery to get what he came for - promotion

:good_post:


Let's hope so!
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests