{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coulthirst

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Coulthirst

Postby geoffhill » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:21 pm

I hope Evans does not sign him.Ball greedy and not a team player.Doncaster were excellent all over the pitch.Their team were confident on the ball.Whenever one of their players had possession he always had options.Definitely the best team in the league.I hope we can get to that standard next season and emulate them.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Re: Coulthirst

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:32 pm

When he first started he was a great player, quite the revolution.

Recently in the last month he has been poor and offers nothing. I'd be surprised and disappointed if either shaq or green were here next season - neither are good enough or show the appetite I'd like.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:49 pm

geoffhill wrote:I hope Evans does not sign him.Ball greedy and not a team player.Doncaster were excellent all over the pitch.Their team were confident on the ball.Whenever one of their players had possession he always had options.Definitely the best team in the league.I hope we can get to that standard next season and emulate them.

Stupid idiot. He was our best outlet.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:51 pm

He did ok for me today. We were over run in midfield. Donny are a strong side.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 pm

He wasn't brilliant today- but he was oodles better than Whiteman who seems completely lost with the ball at his feet.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Ball greedy player who would rather take a player on than the better option is to pass. I'll pass on signing him at the end of the season, i would take White though
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Team defensively quite good , going forward devoid of ideas not clever enough finding that pass , Midfield and attack we need to start again . Doncaster in the final 3rd 100% better other than that we probably matched them .
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:05 pm

to use two cliches - he 'couldn't pass wind' and 'can't trap a bag of cement'
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Was Green playing?
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Yes, he doesn't do it for me either.

Green will be away, on too much money unless he's prepared to negotiate.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:15 pm

I agree shaq can be frustrating to watch, he needs to just realise when is the time to pass, lay off and when to try and do that bit extra, he's got the pace and a trick and he's good in tight spots and with his back to goal but he's far from the finished product, I'd keep him if he can see he needs to up his game, I think he'd work well playing off somebody experienced
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Was Green playing?

He as been anonymous for the last two games. Ineffective!
Brough
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bux46 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:04 pm

There is no doubt that he is a very talented player BUT today on at least four occasions he slowed or stopped a flowing move that may have led to a chance on goal ..... I am on the fence about signing him .... Think i will leave it to possible the best manager and judge of a player that we have had in years ..... If Mr Radford is forthcoming with a large wedge of money I think there well may be better out there ......
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Fitzy499 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:06 pm

All he seems to do is sprint for about five yards and then stop moan a bit, look up at the sky, moan a bit more, he needs tostop giving up to early, put pressure on the opposing players. When he gets the ball all he seems to do is run from one side of the pitch to the other take a player on then fall over.

Green is totally ineffective on the wing and can't see what he brings to the team in that position. Maybe he has already been told to look elsewhere, but he seems disinterested to me.

On a plus side I think Taft and bennet had terrific games. Taft looks solid now he's back

:coys:
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 am

Coulthirst didn't have a great game, but then again non of the forward lads where involved all game! Green is completely ineffective in that wide position - Played there against Morecambe, Exeter and Donny now and hasn't performed at all in any game. Hamilton should be ahead of Green for that wide position, far, far more dangerous.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 am

It's often been said that Green has football in his blood. Sadly, of late, it doesn't get to his feet.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:13 am

I really want Shaq to be great for us, as he has a lot of the characteristics to be a fans favourite; energetic, passionate, hard working. However, he just doesn't seem to have a footballing brain. He's not particularly good at holding the ball up, hangs onto it for too long, misses countless passes and only has one kind of shot which very rarely comes off. A shame really.
Tawnystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Tawnystag wrote:I really want Shaq to be great for us, as he has a lot of the characteristics to be a fans favourite; energetic, passionate, hard working. However, he just doesn't seem to have a footballing brain. He's not particularly good at holding the ball up, hangs onto it for too long, misses countless passes and only has one kind of shot which very rarely comes off. A shame really.

Interesting, a lot of the players we had in the Conf and early seasons back in t'League (put that in to keep KIS happy :D ) had the characteristics mentioned in the first part of your post and it soon becomes clear that if he doesn't possess the qualities you mention later on then we need someone who has both parts. In other words we need better.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum