{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Gabbitas Gate -Closed 1PM + F/T for 20 minutes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Gabbitas Gate - F/T closed for 20 minutes

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:24 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate -Closed 1PM + F/T for 20 minutes

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:56 pm

And yet, in a twist of logic, when County play Chesterfield in the league the kick off time has been put back to 5.20 pm to suit the tv companies. Allowing the Spireites and their ‘quick on their feet CBS’ an extra couple of hours drinking time.

So how does this, a derby game, warrant a kick off time that has the potential for more disorder?

If you can explain why then send your answer on a postcard to ‘Andy, you don’t have a gate named after you Albanese’ at Mansfield Police Station.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:29 pm

[quote="I am Spartacus"]And yet, in a twist of logic, when County play Chesterfield in the league the kick off time has been put back to 5.20 pm to suit the tv companies. Allowing the Spireites and their ‘quick on their feet CBS’ an extra couple of hours drinking time.

So how does this, a derby game, warrant a kick off time that has the potential for more disorder?

Good question, perhaps it's because powder puff pillow fights don't warrant police action.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag861 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 am

As usual the Bantams fans will be parking on the Sainsburys side of the ground while the majority of Stags fans will come from Town. This means we all have to pass each other on the narrow pavement of Portland Street. How is this more safe and easing congestion?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 am

stag861 wrote:As usual the Bantams fans will be parking on the Sainsburys side of the ground while the majority of Stags fans will come from Town. This means we all have to pass each other on the narrow pavement of Portland Street. How is this more safe and easing congestion?

Why would they park that side ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Who is Andy Albanese ????
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:49 pm

Just had a conversation with the steward asking everyone coming off Quarry Lane if they are from Bradford. He said nobody can go through the gate, end of. Then had 5 minutes watching another steward on the gate. Counted 17 people let through the gate.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:21 pm

stag861 wrote:As usual the Bantams fans will be parking on the Sainsburys side of the ground while the majority of Stags fans will come from Town. This means we all have to pass each other on the narrow pavement of Portland Street. How is this more safe and easing congestion?

It's almost like the ground was designed for home fans in the North stand and away fans in the QLE.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum