{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

How do you rate our club shop and ticket office ??

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

How do you rate our club shop and ticket office ??

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:50 pm

:) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: How do you rate our club shop and ticket office ??

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:03 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

small and pokey.
Queue's too long, needs more sales assistants and windows for ticket purchase/collection.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 pm

It's a decent set up and the staff in the kiosk are always friendly, fast and efficient.

It's certainly too small and needs some proper investment, but obviously nothing the staff can do there!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Staff spot on

Shop to small more than 5 people and the que is huge and shop cramped
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Was that the worst referee we've seen? Evans thinks so

Postby Big Lad Stag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 pm

To show the ambition that now existing at the club, build new changing room where they used to be in the 60, s the opposite end of the quarry lane end and expand the ticket office and shop. For us old enough to remember, the players ran up a small slope, onto the pitch from other corner. This was before the racecourse stand was purchased. This allows expansion using changing rooms to become a large shop.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Was that the worst referee we've seen? Evans thinks so

Postby Big Lad Stag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Sorry posted on wrong topic. Eyes not so good now.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Grimsby was very good.
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Was that the worst referee we've seen? Evans thinks so

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Big Lad Stag wrote:Sorry posted on wrong topic. Eyes not so good now.

I'll move it for you Big Lad
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ParisStag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

If we had a proper shop I think we could really do good business. The ticket office is absolutely fine for a club our size.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:09 pm

I rate them better than the quality of the survey. Four questions...
halifaxstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Shop is way too small.

The ticket office/kiosks are understaffed at times and on the rare occassions I've used them (ST holder) card payments have been very slow.

I was late getting to the game Saturday & at 3pm there was still a fair few queueing at the ticket office & the kiosks.

The staff are always friendly and polite.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:18 pm

make it bigger and staff are good
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big Lad Stag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks Martin
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:33 pm

The staff are great; a credit to the club.

The club shop, like most of the Haslam shortcut Stadium, is woefully inadequate - the pre-redevelopment portacabin was better.

The ticket office is fine but understaffed. Also a criticism: you can queue for an age pre-match, at the ticket kiosk, get to the front and ask for your away match tickets, only to be told that you need to queue again at the main office window! Infuriating because there's no signage to point this out when you first join the queues.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Ticket office is fine BUT .... the club shop I far to small with everything packed together .

..... Exeter City shop is a far better size & more goods on sale ..... ours , i'm afraid is a laughing stock ( always short of main adult wear only small childs a plenty :cry: )

New one required that home fans can be proud of ...
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Grimsby's ticket office and club shop is perfect, although I think ours is as good as it can be with the space there is available. The only way it can expand is if Big Lad says, the changing rooms are moved or the existing club shop is expanded beyond where the match day ticket office is now. I can't see this ever being a plan as we have that stall behind the West stand.

I think the Sandy Pate bar should sell tickets to the tribute acts, events and match day tickets. I'm always at work when the ticket office is open but I'll go in the Sandy Pate bar for a meal or after 5 a side in the evening. Events are well advertised in there and it would be good to have a computer set up behind the bar to process event/match ticket orders.

For merchandise ideas I've suggested personalised gifts such as mugs, framed pics etc.. and 'smart casual' wear such as polo shirts. I would definitely wear a polo shirt like this Ralph Lauren one but with a Stags head on it (not the full badge)

Last edited by Tre Cool on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Fill the corner in and start all over again with all the facilities in that pokey inadequate site. Everything in there looks a scrag-end - hardly an attractive first impression to any prospective player.

Non-league quality that houses great FL staff, management, players and officials.
Last edited by DoomMerchant on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Keep the changing rooms & ticket office as is, but put a club shop in the corner (in between quarry lane & west stand). It could be dual facing:- so a club shop on the outside of the stadium, and a refreshments & club shop on the inside of the stadium (for Quarry lane & West stand lower tier supporters). It would boost revenue and I am sure would make a compelling business case. (I wish more focus was put on these type of initiatives).
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Fill the corner in and start all over again with all the facilities in that pokey inadequate site. Everything in there looks a scrag-end - hardly an attractive first impression to any prospective player.

Non-league quality that houses great FL staff, management, players and officials.

Yes Doom. The only way we can get it right is actually to stop doing short cuts. Start again.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Agree with all above, shop far too small but the staff are always very, very helpful and friendly. I'd also rate the actual survey as very poor too, I think they need to speak to our very own Stagsnet survey guru who could probably help them out!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Shop's fine for me atm as I never use it on a match day. Staff are great.
When we get to the Championship with bigger crowds we'll need to expand.
But never again do I want to see a portakabin stuck to the side of the QLE. They look tacky, nasty and amatuerish
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Agree with most of the above, one thing that can't be criticised is the staff, always friendly and helpful.

I really would like to see a bigger shop though, often go in to buy tickets and brought a programme at the weekend before the game. Spin round and can't even browse because its crammed. More than 4 / 5 people in their and struggling for space.

To my knowledge its the only place you can buy stags related merchandise (except online), always frustrating if in sports direct no stags shirt in sight despite a stones throw away (but hey ho rather the money go to the club). All the more reason for the club to maximise sales on their own. Unsure how much merchandise sales brings into the club, but surely opportunity to be increased.

One further point, why dont we sell programmes in the ground before kick-off? Sometimes forget to get on on the way in but none to be found once in. Appreciate every pound helps at this level so hopefully the feedback on this topic will be taken on board by the club.

:coys:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Vice President wrote:Keep the changing rooms & ticket office as is, but put a club shop in the corner (in between quarry lane & west stand). It could be dual facing:- so a club shop on the outside of the stadium, and a refreshments & club shop on the inside of the stadium (for Quarry lane & West stand lower tier supporters). It would boost revenue and I am sure would make a compelling business case. (I wish more focus was put on these type of initiatives).

If that corner was completely rebuilt & filled in, the new development would have an integrated solid built tunnel incorporated. The corrugated iron tunnel & black sheeting at the moment looks dreadful.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Sneag wrote:
Vice President wrote:Keep the changing rooms & ticket office as is, but put a club shop in the corner (in between quarry lane & west stand). It could be dual facing:- so a club shop on the outside of the stadium, and a refreshments & club shop on the inside of the stadium (for Quarry lane & West stand lower tier supporters). It would boost revenue and I am sure would make a compelling business case. (I wish more focus was put on these type of initiatives).

If that corner was completely rebuilt & filled in, the new development would have an integrated solid built tunnel incorporated. The corrugated iron tunnel & black sheeting at the moment looks dreadful.

Agreed. It's woeful.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:58 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Agreed. It's woeful.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum