{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Saturdays Steve Evans Interview

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Saturdays Steve Evans Interview

Postby bex » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:40 pm

That is one unhappy chappy!
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Todays Steve Evans Interview

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Just watched it on stags player, he is seriously gutted, he looked like he was going to implode.

Even though I'm also disappointed, it's reassuring that the manager is so passionate about winning.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Grendon Stag » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Sorry but that's the side of Evans I don't like. Sometimes you have to be gracious in defeat. 90 minutes of constant barracking of the officials will eventually work against you.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:Sorry but that's the side of Evans I don't like. Sometimes you have to be gracious in defeat. 90 minutes of constant barracking of the officials will eventually work against you.

Losing to a dubious penalty in the 97th minute and you expect graciousness?
Get out of town.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:19 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:Sorry but that's the side of Evans I don't like. Sometimes you have to be gracious in defeat. 90 minutes of constant barracking of the officials will eventually work against you.

Losing to a dubious penalty in the 97th minute and you expect graciousness?
Get out of town.

Take both your points..... ;)
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Why be gracious? Exeter are a very good side but they were not the better side on the day, even game for me. Even fans who say decisions even out over 90 mins must see that today we have been done by 2 very poor officials, soft pen, constantly missed fouls on d rose, mind boggling offsides not given. Kid ref out his depth and the linesman too.
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:53 pm

The referee missed 5 blatant fouls for shoves.In the second half a mansfield player fouled an exeter player.Because exeter had possession he waved play on.The exeter player then gave the ball away.The ref then called the play back for the original foul.A ridiculous decision.He was wrong to do that as he gave them 2 bites of the cherry.As a totally unbiased opinion a draw would have been a fair result as we were on the back foot for long periods of the second half.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 pm

geoffhill wrote:The referee missed 5 blatant fouls for shoves.In the second half a mansfield player fouled an exeter player.Because exeter had possession he waved play on.The exeter player then gave the ball away.The ref then called the play back for the original foul.A ridiculous decision.He was wrong to do that as he gave them 2 bites of the cherry.As a totally unbiased opinion a draw would have been a fair result as we were on the back foot for long periods of the second half.

The ref made the RIGHT decision regarding the incident you referred to.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Madstagsfan2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:08 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
geoffhill wrote:The referee missed 5 blatant fouls for shoves.In the second half a mansfield player fouled an exeter player.Because exeter had possession he waved play on.The exeter player then gave the ball away.The ref then called the play back for the original foul.A ridiculous decision.He was wrong to do that as he gave them 2 bites of the cherry.As a totally unbiased opinion a draw would have been a fair result as we were on the back foot for long periods of the second half.

The ref made the RIGHT decision regarding the incident you referred to.

I thought it was a good decision as well, and it was definitely a penalty for me. Other than that the ref was very poor today, missed several blatant fouls on Rose.

Playoff chances hanging by a thread now, I've been saying for sometime that we aren't quite there yet. Give Evans the summer to clear out the deadwood and we can really good for it next season.
Madstagsfan2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:47 am

Who was that coffin dodger in the Exeter dugout fist pumping to the West Stand when they equalised? Hope Evans sat on him after the game
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:55 am

Today demonstrated to me the difference between a play off side and an also ran side. Referee apart we more than matched them first half and rarely got a kick second half.
Midfield, particularly after McDonald was withdrawn was woeful and Whiteman was clearly not fit.

Only hope now is an unlikely win at Doncaster, we had our chance of glory, other top teams have recently faltered to keep us in the race, yesterday everything came home to roost. We are not consistently good enough to get out of this league.

The revolving door is currently being lubricated for a busy and hopefully exiting close season.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:44 am

I think given where we started from under SE being interested in the top 7 at this stage of the season is a bonus and bodes well for what can be achieved with a transfer window and full preseason to work with.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nutty Stag » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:40 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Who was that coffin dodger in the Exeter dugout fist pumping to the West Stand when they equalised? Hope Evans sat on him after the game

It was Steve Perryman who is their Director Of Football. Those of a certain age will remember him playing for Spurs.
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:13 pm

Nutty Stag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Who was that coffin dodger in the Exeter dugout fist pumping to the West Stand when they equalised? Hope Evans sat on him after the game

It was Steve Perryman who is their Director Of Football. Those of a certain age will remember him playing for Spurs.

Very good player back in the 70s.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:55 pm

The "coffin dodger" was Tottenham legend, Steve Perryman - FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup Winner!! He has his own website.

http://www.steveperryman.com/factfile.htm

Here is Steve Perryman in action for Tottenham against the Stags in Division 2 (The Championship) 1978. He chopped Gordon Hodgson down for a penalty in the 1st half and gave away the ball again for Gordon Hodgson to set up Dave Syrett's third goal.

We had a few bad decisions off the ref that day as well. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:12 am

A blatant dive from Reid to win the game for City. Some refs would have booked the play acting cheat, but certainly not that annoying pip squeak that officiated the game on Saturday.

Having said that, although a draw would have been a fair result no complaints from me that City won as they had weathered the storm and finished the game much stronger than us.

The turning point for me was the withdrawal of MacDonald who had been a real terrier in midfield who never once shirked a tackle.

On to Donny next. Six games to go and you can be sure that other teams around us will drop points too as the pressure to win games increases.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:50 am

Regardless of referee-isms, Exeter were far more competent than us. If either team had to win, it was rightfully Exeter. Our squad seemed more unfit/tired than I would have expected.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:52 am

Is there a press conference today?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The "coffin dodger" was Tottenham legend, Steve Perryman - FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup Winner!! He has his own website.

http://www.steveperryman.com/factfile.htm

Here is Steve Perryman in action for Tottenham against the Stags in Division 2 (The Championship) 1978. He chopped Gordon Hodgson down for a penalty in the 1st half and gave away the ball again for Gordon Hodgson to set up Dave Syrett's third goal.

Great memories from that season how much many penalties did we miss in that season two home n away against Spurs if my memory serves me correctly.

We had a few bad decisions off the ref that day as well. :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum