{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Gary Ricketts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Gary Ricketts

Postby Jamie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:15 pm

I find it hard to believe he meant to do that much damage to JT. Either way, fine, lets all wish him dead, hope his career fails - if thats what makes everyone feel better.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:31 pm

flipping cheating raspberry. He can rot in hell with Hasloan.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Jamie wrote:I find it hard to believe he meant to do that much damage to JT. Either way, fine, lets all wish him dead, hope his career fails - if thats what makes everyone feel better.

I missed the post where anyone "wished him dead" never mind "everyone"

What did you actually think about his behaviour that night Jamie?

You were there I assume??
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:37 am

Having been only a few yards away from where Thompsons face hit the advertising hoarding, it is a sound that will stay with me for a long time. Whether he meant to ruin a career can be debated. Only he will know that, but the action of pushing him into the advertising hoardings was certainly deliberate.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:01 am

I was there.

In my opinion, his actions went way past sporting aggression and unintended injury.

His choice to deliberately push his opponent into the advertising hoarding made his actions that of criminal assault.

He should have been banned by the football authorities and proscecuted by judiciary.

It's history now, so there's little left to debate.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:12 am

Jamie stop digging!!! You weren't even there

He body checked Richie Sutton that hard he damaged his collar bone....please note sutts is a tank of a bloke, he elbowed Martin Riley square in the forehead leaving him with an egg on his head with a lovely stitched up Gash!

And then we get to JT....he pushed an already off balance player head first into wooden advertisement boards.....we've all seen the damage and know the implications of that!

You say it was accidental? I say you're a clown!
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm

Credit where it's due guys, Jamie does say a lot of good sensible stuff - it's just the comments around Haslam, Dearden, Taffazolli and Ricketts that let him down :P

As i recall (although not present) the game was abandoned after the 3rd foul - only because it was a friendly did GR get away with it. Besides which, why should we wish him any future success or career when he never granted our players the same courtesy during that tumultuous game?

Personally though, i think any defending of Ricketts is about as misjudged as one of his tackles. Saying you think we overreact about ending a players career and then calling one of our iconic managers a 'Judas' gives clear insight into your mind and world... :shock:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:38 pm

One lasting memory for me was walking out the ground and looking at the blood stained grass near to the hoarding.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:55 pm

It wasn't abandoned as such I believe Coxie took the team of whilst we had a few left. Yes he ruined JTs career who came as a bit of a scoop signing for us. Sadly we never saw the best of him.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Jamie, you are a sad trolling waste of rations.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:42 pm

daddycool wrote:It wasn't abandoned as such I believe Coxie took the team of whilst we had a few left. Yes he ruined JTs career who came as a bit of a scoop signing for us. Sadly we never saw the best of him.

the game was abandoned when Paul Cox took the Stags players off the field.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:36 am

Jamie wrote:I find it hard to believe he meant to do that much damage to JT. Either way, fine, lets all wish him dead, hope his career fails - if thats what makes everyone feel better.
Jamie, I think you are the one who is over reacting. I don't think anyone wishes him dead, but clearly his actions that day were unacceptable. PC was spot on when he took our players off the pitch. A sad day indeed.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum