{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mr Ever-Present

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mr Ever-Present

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Mr Ever-Present

Postby Wh_Stag » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:54 am

Player of the year for me
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:11 am

Anyone who has ever played the game will agree

Exceptional at centre half. I reckon he must be in top 3 centre halves in the league.

Top player with a great career ahead of him, injury permitting
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:01 am

The thing I like about Rhys is he's very good with his feet (better than Krys in that respect) and will look for a pass. When compared to some CB's in the recent past like Riley he's on a different planet as when Riley got the ball it always looked like it was going to land on a different planet.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 am

Agreed with all the above.
If only he could head a ball in the attacking sense !
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby abc » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:32 am

Spiritater wrote:The thing I like about Rhys is he's very good with his feet (better than Krys in that respect) and will look for a pass. When compared to some CB's in the recent past like Riley he's on a different planet as when Riley got the ball it always looked like it was going to land on a different planet.
Spiritater wrote:The thing I like about Rhys is he's very good with his feet (better than Krys in that respect) and will look for a pass. When compared to some CB's in the recent past like Riley he's on a different planet as when Riley got the ball it always looked like it was going to land on a different planet.

Totally disagree with that , one thing Riley was good at was bringing the ball out of defence, it was the ugly side of defending that let him down at times.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 am

Great season but with the chances in the box he should be in double figures now. Still pushing Pearce for player of the season.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 am

He has been a revelation at centre back and got some unfair criticism when he was out at right back.

Just behind Pearce and Collins for me in the player of the season stakes - but plenty of time left for that to change
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:00 pm

When think about all the injuries, suspensions, new players in, players out and managerial changes how impressive it is that he's not even missed a game let a lone a minute.

Well done lad. Although you are clearly jinxed to get injured or sent off today now
my name is jonas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:56 pm

He has been very consistant this season.If he could score goals like Jones did he would not be here.Taffa scored goals and went to Peterborough.We are strong in all departments .We are capable of beating any team in this division.One thing for certain if we do not go up this year we will next season.Mortgage bet.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 pm

abc wrote:

Totally disagree with that , one thing Riley was good at was bringing the ball out of defence, it was the ugly side of defending that let him down at times.

Ok Martin.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Spiritater wrote:
abc wrote:

Ok Martin.

There is a reason Riley is still playing non league
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:06 am

Calstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
abc wrote:

Ok Martin.

There is a reason Riley is still playing non league

Yes, he can't defend.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum