{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Designated Area

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Designated Area

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:44 pm

I sit in the IG lower just above the dugouts. I have said before that the dugouts should have been pushed further back to avoid any potential injuries and credit to the club that they have done that.

Derek Adams and his total reluctance to move away from the touchline albeit inside the designated box when our players were taking throwins on at least 3 occasions did annoy me to say the least.

Pretending to look elsewhere whilst our players were trying to get a march up the line to deliver and impeding a throw in was 'unsporting' to say the least (though tbf I reckon SE would have done the same ;) )

I'm sure MTFC will now draw back the line of the designated area off the grass onto the track?

Which would seem sense to me.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Re: Designated Area

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:49 pm

I agree. What would also make sense is to install AstroTurf for the whole length of the area between the fans seating area and the pitch. I know it's not a job for now but, given how wet this area gets, it would be a good summer investment, I think.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tjsmith1991 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 pm

I believe that the dugouts will be getting built into the stand. Thats what I was told anyway.
tjsmith1991
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:07 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I agree. What would also make sense is to install AstroTurf for the whole length of the area between the fans seating area and the pitch. I know it's not a job for now but, given how wet this area gets, it would be a good summer investment, I think.

Yep Edders....worthy of consideration

We can see how players warming up and run up and down the line in ,basically, mud and then get told off by the 4th official for running around the corner flag under the North Stand.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum