{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Zayn hakkeem

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Zayn hakkeem

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Worth a try ,i dont know but we need a goal
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Zayn hakkeem

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Talking about this after today's game. Give him a shot( :roll: ).
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Not a chance Evans will even think about bringing him into the squad, let alone the 1st team.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:58 pm

spanishstag wrote:Worth a try ,i dont know but we need a goal

Can't see this happening whilst we are still in a chance of the playoffs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:32 am

Amber Andy wrote:

But how much longer will that chance be there for? In the last month, Green...blank, Hoban...blank, Coulthirst (apart from pens)...blank, Rose...blank, Arquin (little opportunity)....blank. If Hakeem plays and does not score he'll have done no worse.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 am

Like ive said i dont get to games so as an outsider looking in i dont think it could do any harm ,even to have him on the bench ,because if were huffing and puffing he would be an option if he did actually get on the scoresheet or grab a winning goal think of the lift he would get ,if not he has not let anyone down its just a thought
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:

The reason we are still in a chance of the playoffs and not firmly embedded in them is our lack of goals. As Spiritater says if Zayn doesn't score he's no different from the rest.
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:03 am

Tyler Blake is a first year pro.Out on loan at Mickleover and scoring plenty of goals.He would possibly be ahead of Zayn at this point of his development .I just can't see SE taking a chance with the play offs so tantalisingly close and experience at his disposal .
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Im not the real OND » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:27 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Tyler Blake is a first year pro.Out on loan at Mickleover and scoring plenty of goals.He would possibly be ahead of Zayn at this point of his development .I just can't see SE taking a chance with the play offs so tantalisingly close and experience at his disposal .

Steve, has Evans agreed to include a quota of youth teamers in the first team squad, as Murray had to?
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I would certainly give him a chance.He would be no worse than our current strikeforce.Start him then if he is struggling then sub him.He has tremendous pace which is always an asset.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Won't happen.

SE won't blood the youth, he pretty much said that at his evening with.

Don't think his record of playing homegrown players is good at his last jobs apart from when fire fighting at Leeds.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:17 pm

I feel he'll blood some when all hope of a sopt in t'playoffs is gone.

Yes I've been on t'home made blackberry wine again.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:30 am

Im not the real OND wrote:
steve-hymas wrote:Tyler Blake is a first year pro.Out on loan at Mickleover and scoring plenty of goals.He would possibly be ahead of Zayn at this point of his development .I just can't see SE taking a chance with the play offs so tantalisingly close and experience at his disposal .

Steve, has Evans agreed to include a quota of youth teamers in the first team squad, as Murray had to?

I thought people had to be included in a squad because they were good enough, not because their balls had dropped? :shock:
Sounds like a South African cricket team policy.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:22 am

What a load of rubbish.... what's the famous quote..?

You'll never win anything with kids....

If SE is relying on his experience strikers in the squad he needs to have a quiet word or two...

Except for Rose I can't see any of them being here next season....

Thanks for your input SH once again... but this time I've got to disagree with your comment
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Keep it Simple wrote:

I thought people had to be included in a squad because they were good enough, not because their balls had dropped? :shock:

There was never a "quota" of young players in the first team squad. It was (probably still is?) that four academy players were/are to be given a contract each season.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:31 pm

eggy wrote:
Keep it Simple wrote:

There was never a "quota" of young players in the first team squad. It was (probably still is?) that four academy players were/are to be given a contract each season.

I stand corrected then. I thought Murray had to include them in the first team squad.
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:15 pm

I dont think Zayn is the answer right now. Since when was he considered better than Matt Green?
Unfortunately, a good striker is the one area that we didn't really strengthen in January. Coulthirst has something, but we needed a proven goal scorer as well - unfortunately Arquin hasn't turned out to be that player.
Steve Evans knows that he hasn't got the right strikers - but for these last games, I'd go with a Green, plus a Rose/Coulthirst combination.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Thing is we will never know if we dont give it a shot at the moment we are struggling for goals in fact a goal sometimes it just needs a gamble we will never know ,but i would sooner throw everything at it and fail than not go for it ,personally i think we may just make the play offs and then who knows ,imthink steve evans is doing a great job ,just sometimes though you really need to say right its sh..or bust so lets have no regrets
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum