{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Derek Adams comments???

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Derek Adams comments???

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Calstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Derek Adams comments???

Postby Bring Back Disley » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:11 pm

So many pop up adverts that it's hard to make any sense of it. Its virtually impossible to read it through as is usual for many sites these days but it reads like Mr Adams is crowing when his team will do well to stay in the top 3....
Bring Back Disley
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Idiot, we should have buried them in the first half.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Probably designed to wind SE up even more. And it worked. He's right about Carey though. Best player on the field today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Probably designed to wind SE up even more. And it worked. He's right about Carey though. Best player on the field today.

Really??? He shows his quality for the delivery on the first goal and then for the 2nd which was a class finish but best player on the field no way. What did he do for the other 88 minutes?
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:20 pm

AndyStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Probably designed to wind SE up even more. And it worked. He's right about Carey though. Best player on the field today.

Really??? He shows his quality for the delivery on the first goal and then for he 2nd which was a class finish but best player on the field no way. What did he do for the other 88 minutes?

He did the bizz when it mattered, you contradicted yourself lol

And sorry about the link it was either that 1 or the Chad, and everyone moans at the Chad so I put that 1 in
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Why the lol Cal? I've not said he's not a quality player and I agree he did the biz when it mattered but he was anonymous for most of the game. We were absolutely mugged today and it feels bad. I would have Carey in our team so no contradiction just don't get the statement about him being best player on the pitch today as we nullified Plymouth as a unit until they got the breakthrough. He only came into the game for 5 minutes.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chris M » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Adams and Evans exchanged a few heated words in the first half today. I noticed that Steve deliberately avoided shaking his hand at the final whistle too. A little bad blood there I think.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 pm

AndyStag wrote:

Really??? He shows his quality for the delivery on the first goal and then for the 2nd which was a class finish but best player on the field no way. What did he do for the other 88 minutes?

He didn't need to do anything else. Like you said two pieces of quality play, that secured the three points for them. We played some good stuff today but we lacked any quality in the final third. He made the difference when and where it counted.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
AndyStag wrote:

He didn't need to do anything else. Like you said two pieces of quality play, that secured the three points for them. We played some good stuff today but we lacked any quality in the final third. He made the difference when and where it counted.

Exactly. Whiteman free kick summed his run of form up
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Graham Carey is a quality player. Two great set pieces. He is the best left footed player in League 2. He is not the best player in the League 2 though as claimed as by Mr Adams. That mantle belongs to James Coppinger of Doncaster Rovers.

Adams and Evans are as mad as hatters. I am warming to Paul Raynor though.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm

That's probably the biggest pile of raspberry I have ever heard from any manager, ever.
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 pm

I would love an anonymous Carey in my team.
He is the exact player we are missing. Someone who does nothing for 88 minutes then wins you the game.

We have no X factor players at the minute.
Nobody who you would stick straight on the back of your new home shirt.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Minky123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I would love an anonymous Carey in my team.
He is the exact player we are missing. Someone who does nothing for 88 minutes then wins you the game.

We have no X factor players at the minute.
Nobody who you would stick straight on the back of your new home shirt.

Agreed !!
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:43 am

I really don't see why Evans needs to bring this up. Who cares if another manager thinks he's good. He should have more pressing things to see to. My guess is its to give him a nice sound bite to keep his media profile up and provide another smokescreen to distract people from another poor result.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:48 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
AndyStag wrote:

Exactly. Whiteman free kick summed his run of form up

Carey is quality, he wins games for plymouth when he wants to. Didn't he skin mal and put the ball in the net when we played them away then did nothing. I bet he's upped a gear and made a goal happen for them quite a lot this year. We don't have a player that can produce a moment of magic when we really need it like that imo
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:14 am

I'd prefer Evans as manager any day. SE got his tactics spot on today.. it's not his fault our 'strikers' can't hit a cow's ar$e with a banjo. Wait till SE has a pre-season to get his preferred players in.

I'm secretly hoping we get Plymouth in playoffs... tasty. They offered nothing today.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 am

WeDeserveMore wrote:I'd prefer Evans as manager any day. SE got his tactics spot on today.. it's not his fault our 'strikers' can't hit a cow's ar$e with a banjo. Wait till SE has a pre-season to get his preferred players in.

I'm secretly hoping we get Plymouth in playoffs... tasty. They offered nothing today.

I'm afraid a 0-2 scoreline beats a lot of huff and puff with no end product every day of the week. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:43 am

Spiritater wrote:
WeDeserveMore wrote:I'd prefer Evans as manager any day. SE got his tactics spot on today.. it's not his fault our 'strikers' can't hit a cow's ar$e with a banjo. Wait till SE has a pre-season to get his preferred players in.

I'm afraid a 0-2 scoreline beats a lot of huff and puff with no end product every day of the week. ;)

I think we were a little better than just "huff and puff" today? most sensible fans would have seen that from the game.

Yes there was an element of inevitability when they finally scored from there second chance of the game. But credit has to given to the lads who did open them up time and time again especially first half.. and they are the second best team in the league apparently.
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:55 am

Kenwood wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

I think we were a little better than just "huff and puff" today? most sensible fans would have seen that from the game.

Yes there was an element of inevitability when they finally scored from there second chance of the game. But credit has to given to the lads who did open them up time and time again especially first half.. and they are the second best team in the league apparently.

The statement was 'huff and puff with no end product and at the end of the day it is the end product that wins games. Three blank scoresheets says it all, it can be the most entertaining approach play you've ever seen, but if there's no one to add the coup de grâce at the end you're not gonna win.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:12 am

Spiritater wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

The statement was 'huff and puff with no end product and at the end of the day it is the end product that wins games. Three blank scoresheets says it all, it can be the most entertaining approach play you've ever seen, but if there's no one to add the coup de grâce at the end you're not gonna win.

The score line tells you we had no end product. But we have all watched many a game when we have "huffed and puffed" as you say but never actually looked like scoring or seriously troubled a side.. I don't think you can say that yesterday.

Goal scorers win matches and I don't think we have one of those at the club despite having 5 strikers.
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:57 am

If that is the best they have played all season why are they not sinking with county. I didnt see any players in their side that id say stood out let alone having the best player in the league.
wardy12345
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mansfield_smooth » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:51 pm

He was losing it all first half! Think by the time he had done his interview the drugs had really kicked in! What an absolute bell end
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

SE alluded to this in his post match interview. He looked for such a striker in the January window. But no one was available. I am sure he will sign one before next season. Meanwhile I think all our current strikers are on trial.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum