{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Still in this

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Still in this

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Jamie wrote:I disagree. Rose wins more in the air, runs about just as much and is sharper in the box. One up top today was disappointing from Steve.

We created more chances with one up top today than with two up top. McDonald making runs from the right that they couldn't cope with and we just didn't finish them off. When we had two up top with Rose and Shaq we created little.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Hey up rob no need for that it was my 60th birthday today so not the best ive had mind you would have taken the rugby result if stsgs could have won but as i said to my mates if th next 39 years are as good im happy ,dont want to get to 100 as that means when she sends me a telegram i dont have to put on it return to sender ,dont like themlot
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
AndyStag wrote:Shouldn't be bothered about whether it was a red or not. We were far the better side 10 men or 11 would have been irrelevant. All that happened was that we were mugged. Keep playing like that and have a bit more luck in front of goal and we can still do it.

It's not luck we need in front of goal. It's someone who can finish. I'd start Rose next game and see if he can do any better.

If SE is going to persist with one up front then Danny Rose is not the man. He needs someone to play off.

Despite the short time he was on, he won more balls in the air than any of our other forwards. He is also our best finisher. If you doubt me watch him in the warm ups.

I've been going to Field Mill for over 40 years through thick and thicker and never seen us win a game in the warm up.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm

spanishstag wrote:Hey up rob no need for that it was my 60th birthday today so not the best ive had mind you would have taken the rugby result if stsgs could have won but as i said to my mates if th next 39 years are as good im happy ,dont want to get to 100 as that means when she sends me a telegram i dont have to put on it return to sender ,dont like themlot

Sorry :lol: Happy birthday!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:53 pm

I am totally in agreement with the real OMD we need a striker to score maybe only one or 2 chances we have in many games Plymouth do
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:40 am

By the time we play Carlisle, if we beat them we could go in front of them.

We have to find the net again in the next two games to really still be in it... Byrom got us playing again today and we look a good side, Id stick with green, He's got the best record and won't achieve anything if he's constantly dropped and shoved back in again and again
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:48 pm

part time pete wrote:There was no chance CJ would have scored from that position.

Doesn't matter if he would of scored, just that he had the chance to score.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:48 pm

AndyStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
AndyStag wrote:Shouldn't be bothered about whether it was a red or not. We were far the better side 10 men or 11 would have been irrelevant. All that happened was that we were mugged. Keep playing like that and have a bit more luck in front of goal and we can still do it.

It's not luck we need in front of goal. It's someone who can finish. I'd start Rose next game and see if he can do any better.

If SE is going to persist with one up front then Danny Rose is not the man. He needs someone to play off.

Despite the short time he was on, he won more balls in the air than any of our other forwards. He is also our best finisher. If you doubt me watch him in the warm ups.

I've been going to Field Mill for over 40 years through thick and thicker and never seen us win a game in the warm up.

As you rightly said games are not won in the warm up. But if you watch the shooting practice the ones that consistently put the balls in the net are the ones who are more likely to score if they are presented with a chance. Rose is the best finisher without a doubt. Unsurprisingly it is CJ who is usually the poorest finisher in the practice.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum