{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Plymouth Scorefred sponsored by Green machine

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Plymouth Scorefred sponsored by Green machine

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Rob wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Frustrating to say the least pushing balls out left n right we've got a winger in Hamilton who can't beat a player at any level we bring on the two smallest strikers in the league n still keep pumping balls in from the left n right we destroyed hartlepool by playing it along the floor down the middle why as Steve Evans continues to play from wide areas surely through a game he can change the pattern.... we really do need a striker I can't see anyou of the ones we have being the answer....

Frustrating day move on to Tuesday

CJ did beat his man lots of times, most notably when he hacked down 1st half when running through on goal. We were by far the better side and created lots of chances which we squandered. Rose needs a proper run in the side, apart from him, I'd replace the other strikers in the summer.

I have to agree with this. Rose is the only one with that spark - even though he missed with his two headers today you could see that he'd tried his best with them and perhaps with more regular play he'd bury them.
We could improve on defending but that wasn't the real problem.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Rob wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Frustrating to say the least pushing balls out left n right we've got a winger in Hamilton who can't beat a player at any level we bring on the two smallest strikers in the league n still keep pumping balls in from the left n right we destroyed hartlepool by playing it along the floor down the middle why as Steve Evans continues to play from wide areas surely through a game he can change the pattern.... we really do need a striker I can't see anyou of the ones we have being the answer....

Frustrating day move on to Tuesday

CJ did beat his man lots of times, most notably when he hacked down 1st half when running through on goal. We were by far the better side and created lots of chances which we squandered. Rose needs a proper run in the side, apart from him, I'd replace the other strikers in the summer.

Two different points Rob running onto a through ball n being hacked down compared to running with the ball at your feet towards a right back in position there's no end product from the lad... needs to lift up his head or change sides to see if he gets any joy on the right hand side against a left back.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Cj was marked out of the game, their 18 had a good game defensively
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:37 pm

:) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:09 pm

CJ was so well controlled today that he may as well had been sat in the dugout.

In my opinion, SE should have subbed him and left Green on the park when he made the second half subs.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:CJ was so well controlled today that he may as well had been sat in the dugout.

In my opinion, SE should have subbed him and left Green on the park when he made the second half subs.

Not like you to post something sensible Edders. CJ looked like he didn't have the confidence to take them on today.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16 pm

AndyStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:CJ was so well controlled today that he may as well had been sat in the dugout.

Not like you to post something sensible Edders. CJ looked like he didn't have the confidence to take them on today.

Thank you (I think!)
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
AndyStag wrote:

Thank you (I think!)

Not sure he was marked out altogether. He did break free at least once and had a great scoring opportunity, only denied by a desperate cynical foul. Most importantly he kept the Plymouth defenders down that side occupied throughout and played his part in opening up gaps in the middle, hence the huge number of chances created.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Carey is an excellent player.I went to the game at Plymouth and he scored a great goal.Murray remarked that he is playing below his level and could play in the championship.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:11 pm

The management don't half seem to get the subs wrong recently
Conker
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum