{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can you endorse prospective new sports facility at Woburn Ln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Can you endorse prospective new sports facility at Woburn Ln

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:16 am

Can you endorse the prospective new sports facility at Woburn Lane?

We are encouraging members of the local community to endorse the building of a new sports facility at Woburn Lane, Pleasley, by writing a letter of support to Mansfield Town Football Club at the address below.

The club is of the strong opinion that the new facility would be of great benefit, not only to Mansfield Town Football and its players (including the club’s men/ladies’ first team, U21s, boys/girls academy), but also to local people, facilitating the opportunity to explore and develop their sporting talents.

Read more at http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/artic ... ixmHg0y.99
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Can you endorse prospective new sports facility at Wobur

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:30 am

If this is a planning matter, then I can outline some key planning policies that the public should use to support their statements.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:48 am

To explain a little .We have a planning application currently in to build a sports pavilion and dressing rooms .There will also be a fully floodlit 3G,3 grass pitches and a mini pitch .We are also applying for part funding via grants so support is required on both fronts.
I used to play on these pitches as a kid at school and it is a regeneration of these to a former use .We believe it will not only benefit the club but the local community as it can be used all year round.We will educate the mansfield based boys in the classrooms and it can be hired by local groups/clubs .
It will be a big benefit to the whole town in general and the local club .
If you get time please do your best to get supprting letters across .thanks guys and gals !
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:49 am

Is this in place of the gym that was proposed at field mill.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 am

Would Sunday leauge be considered Steve? If so, I'd be happy to write a letter and discuss pitch costs for next term.

We are in the market for a new pitch / pub / location to rebrand ourselves on.

We've decided against Sandy Pate purely because the last thing customers who are having a nice sunday roast is 15 lads coming in for a post match ping.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:23 am

Hi Steve,

Another great idea by The Stags to embrace the community.

Just a thought though.

A lot of people would much rather send an e mail than write and post a letter.

Provided an email contained all the necessary personal details, would this be in order please?
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:01 pm

If required, Public Access to the submitted planning application is here; https://planning.mansfield.gov.uk/onlin ... CQ7KM00A00

You can view all the submitted proposed plans and supporting documents.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:12 pm

If the 4G pitch is available for use after say 5pm how long would the facility be open for for evening use.
It's got to be beneficial to the town as a whole to have a facility on the western side for girls and boys, men and women to play the beautiful game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Spiritater wrote:If the 4G pitch is available for use after say 5pm how long would the facility be open for for evening use.
It's got to be beneficial to the town as a whole to have a facility on the western side for girls and boys, men and women to play the beautiful game.

Will be subject to planning conditions. This will probably be by virtue of when the floodlights have to go off. I was involved in a Sport England project to provide pitches in Pimlico and the locals got into a right scranny about the floodlights. Looking at these plans I wouldnt expect any negative impacts on residential amenity cause by illumination spillover, there may be disturbances through increased car journeys though.

From my cursory glance at the application, the proposal seems good with a number of positive impacts such as generating employment and providing social, health and community benefits etc, but I have a few concerns which I wont go into. I hope this gets permission.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Would it be possible for fans groups to write a letter of support on behalf of everyone, that could be handed out at the turnstiles on a match day, to be signed by each individual at a table once inside the ground and collected together?

That way we ought to get 3000+ letters of support.

Failing that, I'm happy to pen something myself and would urge everyone else to.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:11 pm

For a response to be considered as valid, it ought to be anchored against what is considered to be a 'material planning consideration' - These are set out in National, and local planning policy.

at the national level; the NPPF (2012)
at the local level; Mansfield Local Plan (1998)
and the emerging Local Plan (not yet adopted)

I would suggest using this as a basis of providing any comments in support of the club's application.

material planning Policy Considerations;

Sustainable development
Economic drivers
promoting the economy
development of a previously developed site (brownfield first model)
growth of an established local company
the facility will generate additional employment
Community facility
Social facility
promote health and wellbeing
landscaping is an improvement to the existing area
good access
located in an area that will not have any detrimental impact to residential amenity

Hope this helps.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Looks a brilliant facilities for a club of our size.

We need to get behind this !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Would Sunday leauge be considered Steve? If so, I'd be happy to write a letter and discuss pitch costs for next term.

We are in the market for a new pitch / pub / location to rebrand ourselves on.

We've decided against Sandy Pate purely because the last thing customers who are having a nice sunday roast is 15 lads coming in for a post match ping.

Is the Prince Charles not as good as it used to be Jas? :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Now I've read it properly I realise that it's not a public appeal for support. Ignore my original post.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Now I've read it properly I realise that it's not a public appeal for support. Ignore my original post.

:) welcome back, Doomers!
true fans don’t abandon their club when things don’t go well
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm

It looks fantastic, I've been to lots of these type of facilities and they are what keeps local football going. Council run pitches are generally a dogshitdisgrace and it is only with larger clubs using providing several well maintained pitches can amateur football thrive. 3G is also invaluable, my 14 year old plays at local school which has 3 excellent grass pitches (one is used by Lincoln City Reserves) but in this bad weather teams have still been able to play using the 3G and just kicking off at different times. In the Netherlands these are very common, often they have two 3G pitches and one grass pitch and they form the hub of the community with several different clubs making it their home. Good luck!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stephen Thirkill » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Steve Evans offers his thoughts on the plans for club and community...

https://tinyurl.com/zhex2ws
Stephen Thirkill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby steve-hymas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:40 pm

It can be anyone supporting the project or wanting to show interest in using the facility.If you can't do a letter and scan it over send an email to mark Stevenson at the club and he will print it off .It can be from all levels of football for community use .Try and take time out to do this and help this project get the green light .Up the stags !
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 pm

steve-hymas wrote:It can be anyone supporting the project or wanting to show interest in using the facility.If you can't do a letter and scan it over send an email to mark Stevenson at the club and he will print it off .It can be from all levels of football for community use .Try and take time out to do this and help this project get the green light .Up the stags !

What email address do we send the letters to?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 pm

You can send them into paul.nyland@mansfieldtown.net or mark.stevenson@mansfieldtown.net for my attention .If you hand write one at work,scan and send even better .All the help we can .Cheers
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:15 am

I've sent mine. Easiest thing in the world to email Steve about this, if you spend time on something like Stagsnet - takes ten minutes.

Anyone who moans constantly on the net about the football club but hasn't the time to encourage progress deserves a lifetime of being ignored.

Thanks for the opportunity Mr H.
Last edited by DoomMerchant on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Wilfred » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I've sent mine. Easiest thing in the world to email Steve about this, if you spend time on something like Stagsnet - takes ten minutes.

Nobody who moans constantly on the net about the football club but hasn't the time to encourage progress deserves a lifetime of being ignored.

Thanks for the opportunity Mr H.

Ditto Doomy.

Even this old ITphobe has managed to attach a letter to an e mail - despite suffering with the worst case of the lurgy ever!

C'mon Stagsnetters. Do the biz.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

There, it's just been made even easier. If Steve can't get 100+ letters off an already written template, then the online fanbase needs to take a long hard look at themselves, it's so simple and could be done whilst sat on the bog.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:48 pm

OPINION: Mansfield Town’s sports facility plan ticks all the right boxes
chad.co.uk, by TIM MORRISS, Thursday 09 March 2017

I have said it many times this season, but I will say it again: Has there ever been a more exciting time to be a Mansfield Town fan?

The enthusiasm that is being generated on and off the pitch shows no sign of letting up - and long may it continue.

The latest good news came this week with the announcement that the club’s plans for a sports facility at Woburn Lane in Pleasley were finally moving forward after earlier hiccups.

The club, which revealed artist’s impressions of the proposals sure to excite fans, has asked supporters to back the idea by writing letters of support ahead of the application coming before a council planning committee - and to help the Stags with grant applications for the project.

And why wouldn’t you?

Director of youth at the Stags, Steve Hymas, revealed the multi-purpose facility would include a full 3G floodlit pitch, three full-sized grass pitches and a mini-pitch.

There are also plans for a pavilion to include eight dressing rooms to cater for all age groups and a further building that would include a function room, two classrooms, offices and a physio room.

Perhaps more importantly, the proposals seem to tick an awful lot of boxes that would persuade councils and grant bodies to say yes.

Just look at the categories that this plan would seem to fit and so hopefully persuade councillors to give the plans the go-ahead.

Would it be of benefit to the community?

Read more at: http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/op ... -1-8429615
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum