{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Over

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Over

Postby part time pete » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Wh_Stag wrote:Purely a rumour.. but someone told me Whiteman has been told he has a new contract ready at sheffield united or possibly signed a new one... has he come here and done enough to secure his future now he doesn't seem as bothered?

Contradictory to that i heard a few people talking about how much Whiteman likes this club, the manager, the players and the fans?

anyone "in the know" have any thoughts? I think he's worth trying to get and believe he likes it here. Thought he tried at cheltenham on a raspberry pitch, how did he do today?


Was speaking to Whitemans relation (mum?) last week at Cheltenham. Apparently he loves it here especially Steve Evans. He car shares with Danny Rose from the North West area and he Just desperately wants to play first team football. He doubts if he can get in first team at Sheffield.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season Over

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:32 pm

part time pete wrote:
Wh_Stag wrote:Purely a rumour.. but someone told me Whiteman has been told he has a new contract ready at sheffield united or possibly signed a new one... has he come here and done enough to secure his future now he doesn't seem as bothered?

Contradictory to that i heard a few people talking about how much Whiteman likes this club, the manager, the players and the fans?

anyone "in the know" have any thoughts? I think he's worth trying to get and believe he likes it here. Thought he tried at cheltenham on a raspberry pitch, how did he do today?


Was speaking to Whitemans relation (mum?) last week at Cheltenham. Apparently he loves it here especially Steve Evans. He car shares with Danny Rose from the North West area and he Just desperately wants to play first team football. He doubts if he can get in first team at Sheffield.
That's nice to hear. Despite his poor finishing today I would like to see him here next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Season Over

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Poor finishing?
Come on go easy on him he had one chance and put it narrowly wide.
The type of opportunity he has snapped up recently i agree.
This guy is a class act and we needed to het him more and more on the ball today.
Would love to see him at the tip of a diamond with Byrom deep and Mcdonald and potter wide and Green and Rose up top
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3257
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Season Over

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Poor finishing?
Come on go easy on him he had one chance and put it narrowly wide.
The type of opportunity he has snapped up recently i agree.
This guy is a class act and we needed to het him more and more on the ball today.
Would love to see him at the tip of a diamond with Byrom deep and Mcdonald and potter wide and Green and Rose up top
It was the miss of the match. Don't know why he side footed it. A month ago he would have drove it in. That said, I hope he is with us next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Season Over

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Poor finishing?
Come on go easy on him he had one chance and put it narrowly wide.
The type of opportunity he has snapped up recently i agree.
This guy is a class act and we needed to het him more and more on the ball today.
Would love to see him at the tip of a diamond with Byrom deep and Mcdonald and potter wide and Green and Rose up top


Or the one where Green did brilliantly to cut into the box and Whiteman spooned it over from 6-7 yards
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5979
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Season Over

Postby Wh_Stag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:42 am

part time pete wrote:
Wh_Stag wrote:Purely a rumour.. but someone told me Whiteman has been told he has a new contract ready at sheffield united or possibly signed a new one... has he come here and done enough to secure his future now he doesn't seem as bothered?

Contradictory to that i heard a few people talking about how much Whiteman likes this club, the manager, the players and the fans?

anyone "in the know" have any thoughts? I think he's worth trying to get and believe he likes it here. Thought he tried at cheltenham on a raspberry pitch, how did he do today?


Was speaking to Whitemans relation (mum?) last week at Cheltenham. Apparently he loves it here especially Steve Evans. He car shares with Danny Rose from the North West area and he Just desperately wants to play first team football. He doubts if he can get in first team at Sheffield.


I believe that more and I'm glad he likes it here, i think we'll be able to get him.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: bishops cleeve

Re: Season Over

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:25 am

Sheff Utd won't let him go. He's too good and they know it. Well done SE for getting him in. Bad misses today though.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:38 am

Re: Season Over

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:31 am

WeDeserveMore wrote:Sheff Utd won't let him go. He's too good and they know it. Well done SE for getting him in. Bad misses today though.

They might if ( and it looks likely ) they are promoted to the Championship.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Season Over

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 am

Without a doubt if we could get Ben it'd be great. The lad's a footballer, and at his young age will get better. I hope he's part of the team next year that gets us promoted.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19782
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cerfjaune, Kenwood, nick_stags, Sweden Stag and 52 guests