{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 pm

Yeah not sure councils have the breathing space in their reserves to fund football clubs
wayno cordiniho
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Big yella » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 pm

If Leeds go up the Cheats get a six figure payment as one of Liam Cooper's add-ons.

Come on Fulham. come on Fulham.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:36 am

Agreeing with Big Yella often leaves a foul taste in the mouth, however on this occasion I am whole heartedly with him.

As I watch the Championship results come in I can’t believe that I am rooting for the likes of Brentford, Fulham, West Brom and Forest.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby ParisStag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:29 am

Leeds are joint top, with a game in hand and an easy run-in. Can't see them not going up in one of the 2 auto spots. I'd say they're favourites for the title in fact.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5082
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:38 am

ParisStag wrote:Leeds are joint top, with a game in hand and an easy run-in. Can't see them not going up in one of the 2 auto spots. I'd say they're favourites for the title in fact.

Unfortunately I think you’re right
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3107
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:40 pm

Big yella wrote:If Leeds go up the Cheats get a six figure payment as one of Liam Cooper's add-ons.

Come on Fulham. come on Fulham.


Fortunately it will probably go straight in Dave Allen's pocket.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2579
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:52 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!



Liam Lawrence, Tom Naylor, Luke O'Neill
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5944
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!


His brother Craig was the better footballer ;)
.
User avatar
HU7stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3827
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Hull

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:15 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!

Colin Calderwood ?
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:26 pm

HU7stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!


His brother Craig was the better footballer ;)

:lol:
I just remembered the hair and thought of Kent :D
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!

Colin Calderwood ?

And just look at how we were robbed by Calderwood, Macari and Swindon.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14360
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!

Colin Calderwood ?

And just look at how we were robbed by Calderwood, Macari and Swindon.

Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
HU7stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.


Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!


His brother Craig was the better footballer ;)

:lol:
I just remembered the hair and thought of Kent :D


:lol: to be fair he did look like a younger Kevin Kent
.
User avatar
HU7stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3827
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Hull

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby smulls » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:[quote=“
Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!

Colin Calderwood ?

And just look at how we were robbed by Calderwood, Macari and Swindon.

Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?


Yep we did collect £600K from Spurs but unfortunately Haslam pocketed the cash for himself!!
smulls
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

My understanding was that it was used to pay off the debts he inherited when he bought the club. A nice little windfall from the previous chairman which meant he ended up with a debt free club for £1. However, if you believe the spin he (and Meale) put out to prove what a great owner he was, he cleared the club's debt. Technically correct, but not from his own pocket.
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?


During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.


https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/coo ... 14192.html
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14360
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?


During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.


https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/coo ... 14192.html

Not sure how posting a link to an article which talks about him being cleared of any wrongdoing proves what you said ?
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?


During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.


https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/coo ... 14192.html

Not sure how posting a link to an article which talks about him being cleared of any wrongdoing proves what you said ?


Oh dear. He was tapped up. There were fines. It’s not that hard to grasp.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14360
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:56 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?


During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.


https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/coo ... 14192.html

Not sure how posting a link to an article which talks about him being cleared of any wrongdoing proves what you said ?


Oh dear. He was tapped up. There were fines. It’s not that hard to grasp.

Tapped up or not, the original fee was set by a tribunal, and the combination of Swindon's rise and the 50% sell on clause meant we ended up getting over £650k for him which is still a club record 27 years later.
Personally, I wouldn't class that as being robbed.
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 pm

If true, and we did get 650k back then, that's 1.125m in today's money!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4513
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?


During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.


https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/coo ... 14192.html

Not sure how posting a link to an article which talks about him being cleared of any wrongdoing proves what you said ?


Oh dear. He was tapped up. There were fines. It’s not that hard to grasp.

Tapped up or not, the original fee was set by a tribunal, and the combination of Swindon's rise and the 50% sell on clause meant we ended up getting over £650k for him which is still a club record 27 years later.
Personally, I wouldn't class that as being robbed.



If this is still our record fee received its an absolute travesty with the players we've had over the years....

Lawrence
Greenacre
Peacock
Baptiste
Clucas
Ward
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 am

I always thought Nicky Weaver was a better keeper than Ward and we got £250,000 for him as a young lad who had only made one appearance. If we had kept him longer his value would probably have exceeded the record if any player was going to do it.

Of course he could have got injured or had the confidence knocked out of him by our crowd who seem to like to make keepers their main target but we will never know.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, Captain Cunno, James, Stafford, stag008, Stagsfan11, West Ham 1969, yorkshire stag and 48 guests