{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon May 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Search and destroy. Does that mean he's a sub mariner or just substandard?
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dan » Mon May 18, 2020 10:27 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Search and destroy. Does that mean he's a sub mariner or just substandard?


I think that's what they all do to the local sheep.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby stagmanrob » Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 pm

Only way regionalisation would be a rational prospect, would be if it involved League One and League Two clubs doing so.

The National League when you look at it, has changed dramatically from even when we were in it.
There are a lot more Southern/London area clubs it seems who are proper tinpot with no fans anyway.

Chesterfield and Notts will clamour for a merger though as they will seriously struggle to get out of there for a good while, Chesterfield especially as they are skint and far more likely to head the other way in reality.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 19, 2020 12:58 am

Search and Destroy wrote:I wouldn’t worry about Mansfield going up or Chesterfield going down, if these new advanced plans of L2 and NL being regionalised Chesterfield will be promoted and Mansfield relegated by default

Would be so good

In your dreams.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6318
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Big yella » Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Search and Destroy wrote:I wouldn’t worry about Mansfield going up or Chesterfield going down, if these new advanced plans of L2 and NL being regionalised Chesterfield will be promoted and Mansfield relegated by default

Would be so good

In your wet dreams.


Corrected that for you.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 am

Technique Stadium :lol: Something that the sheep lack :lol:

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5799
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 am

I would like to see north and south leagues again.less travelling and more feisty games plus more revenue.whats not to like.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 am

geoffhill wrote:I would like to see north and south leagues again.less travelling and more feisty games plus more revenue.whats not to like.


Well there’s 3 relegation spots from the championship.

League 1 and 2 merge into north/south

So we’d then be in a league with 24 other northern teams (21 of which finished above us last season).

You’d have 1 auto spot into the championship with the last slot taken between the playoffs of the north and south. In short we’d have no chance.

Anyone who wants league 2 to merge with the conference wants their head testing
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Rather negative post.Nobody knows what is going to happen in the future.I feel we will be in a stronger position than the majority of the other clubs.Regionalisation is the way to go.Just my opinion of course.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 19, 2020 5:00 pm

No to regionalisation. It’s a pointless concept. What will it save ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14307
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 pm

geoffhill wrote:Rather negative post.Nobody knows what is going to happen in the future.I feel we will be in a stronger position than the majority of the other clubs.Regionalisation is the way to go.Just my opinion of course.
The problem for me Geoff, it would seem like relegation, if we joined up with the National League.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6318
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 19, 2020 5:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Rather negative post.Nobody knows what is going to happen in the future.I feel we will be in a stronger position than the majority of the other clubs.Regionalisation is the way to go.Just my opinion of course.
The problem for me Geoff, it would seem like relegation, if we joined up with the National League.


Any regionalisation if at all would be L1 and L2.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14307
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 19, 2020 5:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:No to regionalisation. It’s a pointless concept. What will it save ?

With our team being situated in the Midlands, we would save very little.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6318
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue May 19, 2020 9:05 pm

It’s a pointless and insular move.

The lack of promotion spaces and constantly playing the same sides was the reason they did away with regionalisation in the 50’s

With a fraction of a clubs budget being spend on travel I can’t see any valid argument for it being reintroduced
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Search and Destroy » Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm

The perfect scenario would be for this to happen and Mansfield being placed in the Southern League
Search and Destroy
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:The perfect scenario would be for this to happen and Mansfield being placed in the Southern League


Geography appears to be among plenty of other things they don’t teach over in the sheep dip :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby The One » Tue May 19, 2020 10:29 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:The perfect scenario would be for this to happen and Mansfield being placed in the Southern League


But we are not NON LEAGUE like you !!!
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11272
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 pm

It is looking increasingly likely that the Premiership will try and force through b teams in leagues 1 and 2 or at least use clubs as feeder clubs. Although this idea has been rejected before, it apparently is being reconsidered and is gaining credence.

If this does happen it will probably be the death knell for clubs in the national league with promotion to the football league becoming almost impossible. I suppose the only benefit would probably be the demise of the sheep and county.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue May 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It is looking increasingly likely that the Premiership will try and force through b teams in leagues 1 and 2 or at least use clubs as feeder clubs. Although this idea has been rejected before, it apparently is being reconsidered and is gaining credence.

If this does happen it will probably be the death knell for clubs in the national league with promotion to the football league becoming almost impossible. I suppose the only benefit would probably be the demise of the sheep and county.


It’s not really, someone from Brighton (Brighton, as if!) said it, it won’t happen.

If B teams ever did happen I would never go to a game involving them.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 am

adamstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It is looking increasingly likely that the Premiership will try and force through b teams in leagues 1 and 2 or at least use clubs as feeder clubs. Although this idea has been rejected before, it apparently is being reconsidered and is gaining credence.

If this does happen it will probably be the death knell for clubs in the national league with promotion to the football league becoming almost impossible. I suppose the only benefit would probably be the demise of the sheep and county.


It’s not really, someone from Brighton (Brighton, as if!) said it, it won’t happen.

If B teams ever did happen I would never go to a game involving them.


No it's gone further than that Adam with several premiership clubs supporting the move. It was rejected in 2014 but has been revived and is being seriously looked at in possible solutions to the current crisis. The FA and EFL have included it in their review of the system.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby spanishstag » Wed May 20, 2020 9:59 am

Re the premier league teams ,thats certainly going to be made easier for the big boys if a salary cap is introduced ,they would just stockpile players and force the issue
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Search and Destroy » Wed May 20, 2020 2:54 pm

adamstag wrote:
Search and Destroy wrote:The perfect scenario would be for this to happen and Mansfield being placed in the Southern League


Geography appears to be among plenty of other things they don’t teach over in the sheep dip :lol:


You obviously don’t know the history of your club, have previously played in the Southern league on quite a few occasions
Search and Destroy
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 20, 2020 3:08 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Search and Destroy wrote:The perfect scenario would be for this to happen and Mansfield being placed in the Southern League


Geography appears to be among plenty of other things they don’t teach over in the sheep dip :lol:


You obviously don’t know the history of your club, have previously played in the Southern league on quite a few occasions


Yes but the operative word is LEAGUE (as in English League Division 3 South) not NON LEAGUE like yourselves. Don't worry you will be playing regional football (non league that is) within 2 years if you don't go bust first.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Search and Destroy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Search and Destroy wrote:The perfect scenario would be for this to happen and Mansfield being placed in the Southern League


Geography appears to be among plenty of other things they don’t teach over in the sheep dip :lol:


You obviously don’t know the history of your club, have previously played in the Southern league on quite a few occasions


Yes but the operative word is LEAGUE (as in English League Division 3 South) not NON LEAGUE like yourselves. Don't worry you will be playing regional football (non league that is) within 2 years if you don't go bust first.


Exactly!
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed May 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Interestingly, if you look at posts from S&D you find that prior to his little outburst here, his last post on our message board was just over a year ago when we failed to get promoted. Since then, while his non-league team have been fighting for survival to avoid relegation into regional non-league obscurity, he has been absent until their survival was confirmed due to the season being scrapped, and then he turns up to try and stir things up. What a sad individual.
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: roy and 9 guests