{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:43 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Yes. Cut it out. KO?

You've shown your true level there Ed. well done.

Yep. Slipped into schoolboy humour mode there SPBS. :oops:

Made me smile
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Dyslexia is not a joke or a reason to poor scorn and ridicule.

Heads should be hung in shame.

pour spelling here as well!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:16 pm

m1cksut wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Dyslexia is not a joke or a reason to poor scorn and ridicule.

Heads should be hung in shame.

pour spelling here as well!

Your toe is correct.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:33 pm

chambta wrote:
Stoney wrote:Why have you only just started protesting Chambta?

People have been ‘protesting’ in various ways for a couple of years.

Mine was to stop going some time ago as I wasn’t prepared to put money into propping up Allen’s house of cards.

chambta, you told us at the start of the season
chambta wrote:I won’t be going to Ebbsfleet, or other non-league s-holes ...

Doesn't sound like much of a protest to me. More like giving up on your club at their worst moment.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Bang. Shots fired
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
chambta wrote:

Mine was to stop going some time ago as I wasn’t prepared to put money into propping up Allen’s house of cards.

Doesn't sound like much of a protest to me. More like giving up on your club at their worst moment.

Certainly does.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Unbeaten this year. Impressive

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
chambta wrote:

Not at all. I don’t except you to understand the complexities of the issues. Just as I didn’t, and didn’t frankly care, when it came to Haslam.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:42 pm

chambta wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chambta wrote:

Not at all. I don’t except you to understand the complexities of the issues. Just as I didn’t, and didn’t frankly care, when it came to Haslam.
Thing is Champy, it was bad under Haslam, but the situation with Cheaterfield seems a whole lot worse on many levels.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
chambta wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chambta wrote:

Thing is Champy, it was bad under Haslam, but the situation with Cheaterfield seems a whole lot worse on many levels.

I'm not sure that's the case at all Amber Andy. Have you forgotten about being locked out of our ground? It was only mother nature smiling down upon us that meant 4 feet of snow covered the pitch that stopped us being in a whole lot more bother. The man was bleeding us dry at every opportunity, he sold Baptiste for pennies to facilitate a quick sale when he knew he was on his way out and left a shell of club behind when he sold to Middleton, Saunders & Perry. He separated the football club from the ground, by paying himself a dividend from MTFC and purchasing Field Mill with it. he still owns a part of it to this day, until March, when Radford pays the final instalment to him, he is still leaching from the town that he took so much from and gave little to.

It's 10 years since Haslam departed. We are still recovering from his cancerous ownership, we are almost out of the woods now.

If I'm not mistaken, since Dave Allen has been in charge at Chesterfield, he has delivered them 2 League titles, 2 trips to Wembley wjth 1 JPT win & 1 JPT runner up, appearing in the League 1 Play Offs, delivered a modern facility that is actually built properly, unlike what Haslam did for us. For whatever reason, he decided to pull the plug when they got knocked out against Preston, but I would challenge you to find me 1 single spireite from that time that had a bad word to say about him.

In contrast, in all the time Haslam was owner of MTFC we have had 1 promotion 2002/03 with a crop of exceptionally gifted youngster that he took great joy in dismantling and carving up for a profit and 1 play off final defeat at the millennium stadium. He left us to die when we lost our football league status.

How can you say that the situation over the M1 is worse on many levels? They've had a couple of relegations. But for each scandal they seem to be experiencing, we've experienced similar.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Well said, they've not got it anywhere near as bad as what we had.

Though we never managed to be relegated twice in a row then be in the relegation zone of the next league down :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Haslam so much worse than Allen!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Who really cares?
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Wilfred » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 pm

hucknallstag wrote:Who really cares?

Quite a lot of us did care way back then, Hucknall. We cared for our club. And we made life as uncomfortable for Haslam as we could. And I like to think that our caring and passion prevented the end of The Stags by a man whose only motive was greed.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 pm

Wilfred wrote:

Quite a lot of us did care way back then, Hucknall. We cared for our club. And we made life as uncomfortable for Haslam as we could. And I like to think that our caring and passion prevented the end of The Stags by a man whose only motive was greed.

Quite a lot of us still care now as the tosspot is still affecting the club in many different ways.

Cheap renovation of the ground - JR can only do so much with the IG inside and the BS would have been easier to sort had we moved the pitch a bit - the 2 stands behind the goal look daft as they're shorter than the length of the pitch. We lost a lot of fans through those years as well, still paying him off etc.,
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Well said Ben, I was struggling to comprehend the Allen worse than Haslam post :shock:
There was also the BMW incident as I recall from memory in London?

It went on and on with that bloke. Compare him to our owner. Yesterday, the main road outside the Blundell Park, he's sat in his car just about to pull into the ground, and giving thumbs up and smiling to Staggies crossing.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:21 pm

We all cared. The most telling stat was brought up when MK Dons visited recently and the 'las time we met' match report was dug out. It was 2008, the year we fell out, they went up. No doubt a good away following. The attendance was 1800.

We continued to hit him where it hurt untill there was nothing left for him to rinse. Chesterfield fans have done the total opposite and prop up the current regime time after time.

The fundamental difference is and was that Haslam took money out, while Allan puts money in. As a result as soon as there was no more money to take out, Haslam sold to Los Tres Amigos, who rightly or wrongly acquired the club but not the ground.

The last installment of the ground payment to Haslam is a significant chapter of our clubs history over. Chesterfield FC is said to be sold lock stock with the stadium. Whether that price is a fair asking price for a club in their state is another question.

However what 88BenM so eloquently put above, is our situation was worse. They will have loans to repay, but we had no assets, no facilities, only on-field fortunes to plan ahead with. As such if it wasn't for the fans protests, that punch, Los Tres Amigos extracting the club from the Haslams grip and the miracle of John Radford and his very long term vision, The club would be dead.

We did care, we acted, we won.

Chesterfield fans should look no further than MTFC as a gleaming example of how to get their club back.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Our problem was Haslam, granted a very large problem. Their problems are multi faceted. Despite retaining a healthy attendance and the owner rumoured to be propping the finances up by £150k a month they haven't levelled out. They have had a succession of managers since Paul Cook left who have failed to lift them out their tailspin. Also several CEO's who have struggled to run the club. ( I find it so ironic when they make fun of CR ). Despite a fans protest, they haven't planned any others and some on BB don't want to rock the boat in the hope of a new consortium. We had more fight SAS and Stags Fan's United to mention two. It leads me to think their problems are many and that there is very little light at the end of the tunnel.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Who really cares who's situation is worse? Like a bunch of spoilt school kids, the dark days are well and truly behind us, onwards and upwards, coys!!!
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Don't forget the umbrella of legitimacy that Haslam was afforded by the local MP at the time and the access to the grants that this enabled, which in turn allowed Haslam to increase the value of his golden goose. The backing of the MP probably added about 5 years onto Haslams tenure.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:46 pm

To date, they are a bunch of complicit pussies.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:48 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:To date, they are a bunch of complicit pussies.

What he said. :good_post:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:06 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

We all cared. The most telling stat was brought up when MK Dons visited recently and the 'las time we met' match report was dug out. It was 2008, the year we fell out, they went up. No doubt a good away following. The attendance was 1800.

We continued to hit him where it hurt untill there was nothing left for him to rinse. Chesterfield fans have done the total opposite and prop up the current regime time after time.

The fundamental difference is and was that Haslam took money out, while Allan puts money in. As a result as soon as there was no more money to take out, Haslam sold to Los Tres Amigos, who rightly or wrongly acquired the club but not the ground.

The last installment of the ground payment to Haslam is a significant chapter of our clubs history over. Chesterfield FC is said to be sold lock stock with the stadium. Whether that price is a fair asking price for a club in their state is another question.

However what 88BenM so eloquently put above, is our situation was worse. They will have loans to repay, but we had no assets, no facilities, only on-field fortunes to plan ahead with. As such if it wasn't for the fans protests, that punch, Los Tres Amigos extracting the club from the Haslams grip and the miracle of John Radford and his very long term vision, The club would be dead.

Chesterfield fans should look no further than MTFC as a gleaming example of how to get their club back.

Yes they should , we could go over there & tell them how we saved our club , & at the same time making snidey smug digs at them like they did to us that day of the march :x
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

I agree with that and we should be proud. Furthermore I think we deserve to enjoy the good times and not moan too much if things don't always go to plan.

As for what is happening over the M1, it will no doubt all come out in time.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:34 pm

chambta wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chambta wrote:

Not going to away games, "non-league s-holes" as you so eloquently put it, has nothing to do with "complexities of issues" surrounding the management of your club. It's simply not putting money into other small National League clubs, that's all.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum