{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 pm

I think there will be lots of 1 year contracts about in the coming year and that will include in the league.

Football has to change especially in the short term until we know what the future holds. Yes, good sought after players will command longer deals but I think the also rans will have to accept shorter deals until clubs know where they are financially especially in f there is a second shutdown.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 13, 2020 3:28 pm

adamstag wrote:Tin hat moment here but I don’t want them to go under.

I want them to suffer like we did - and they are - but I don’t want the club to go under, personally I think from a footballing fan wanting another club to go under is pretty poor form.

I agree
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed May 13, 2020 5:56 pm

adamstag wrote:Tin hat moment here but I don’t want them to go under.

I want them to suffer like we did - and they are - but I don’t want the club to go under, personally I think from a footballing fan wanting another club to go under is pretty poor form.

I'd rather they stayed in business and became our feeder club in exchange for an annual pre season friendly and some of our 17 year old's on loan.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu May 14, 2020 9:16 am

:D like this bit from the statement :lol:

Club Sale
Dave Allen and I would prefer the Community Trust to purchase the club, however I have not spoken to Mike Goodwin for over a week as the same record is still being played. I am still receiving interest from other parties, but absolutely nothing worth reporting.

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Trenam » Thu May 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Very sorry to hear of the spires problem, all good football fans in this area want them back in the football league as with Notts.the stags have been there in the haslam days,and what a great job our fans did helping to get rid of, apart from trying to beat the team at the top,there is no better fixtures than chesterfield and Notts. home and away because there is no one better than the mighty stags.1946/47 stag :mtfc:
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Trenam wrote:Very sorry to hear of the spires problem, all good football fans in this area want them back in the football league as with Notts.the stags have been there in the haslam days,and what a great job our fans did helping to get rid of, apart from trying to beat the team at the top,there is no better fixtures than chesterfield and Notts. home and away because there is no one better than the mighty stags.1946/47 stag :mtfc:

I don't want either back in the league, not for a while anyway!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 14, 2020 6:06 pm

I want us to be playing at least Lge1 footy before either come back. Without a doubt if we're still plying our trade in Lge2 when they finally escape we'll be just a stepping stone to promotion for them
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Spiritater wrote:I want us to be playing at least Lge1 footy before either come back. Without a doubt if we're still plying our trade in Lge2 when they finally escape we'll be just a stepping stone to promotion for them

The cheats won't be back anytime soon and will probably fall further so we could be in the championship by then (hopefully). County may be in a better position than most to ride the financial storm as they have bigger crowds so could do well next term. They won't have any parachute payments though so that could be a factor. If they don't get back next year they could also go into a slow decline and be out for a number of years.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Trenam wrote:Very sorry to hear of the spires problem, all good football fans in this area want them back in the football league as with Notts.the stags have been there in the haslam days,and what a great job our fans did helping to get rid of, apart from trying to beat the team at the top,there is no better fixtures than chesterfield and Notts. home and away because there is no one better than the mighty stags.1946/47 stag :mtfc:

I'm a "good" football fan from the area and quite frankly don't give a raspberry about the cheating raspberry or the bedwetters.
They can both rot in the non-league or go to the wall, couldn't care less either way...
:mtfc: :mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu May 14, 2020 11:17 pm

scotsstag wrote:

I'm a "good" football fan from the area and quite frankly don't give a raspberry about the cheating raspberry or the bedwetters.
They can both rot in the non-league or go to the wall, couldn't care less either way...

I'm a 'good' football fan and I most certainly do care either way.

I would like to see Clownty rot in non-league until at least the day I die, and I would like to see the filth have their sheep pen burn down so that Whelan get his money back through the insurance and so will stop pumping in any more cash and they go bust.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Fri May 15, 2020 8:25 am

Big yella wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

I'm a 'good' football fan and I most certainly do care either way.

I would like to see Clownty rot in non-league until at least the day I die, and I would like to see the filth have their sheep pen burn down so that Whelan get his money back through the insurance and so will stop pumping in any more cash and they go bust.

I totally agree

I want to drive thru Chesterfield on my way to Sheffield or wherever and see a huge Lidl sign on a newly built building on the site of the sheeps pen.
As for the fake magpies, I want them to go part time and be on a level with Belper or Eastwood.

I do however believe Notts will get back though, much to my annoyance.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagone1959 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:21 am

I want the sheep to survive short term and it be death eventually by a thousand cuts,not bothered about County either way.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Search and Destroy » Mon May 18, 2020 4:53 pm

I wouldn’t worry about Mansfield going up or Chesterfield going down, if these new advanced plans of L2 and NL being regionalised Chesterfield will be promoted and Mansfield relegated by default

Would be so good
Search and Destroy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Don't get your hopes up sad-act, there's a long way between 'some chairmen discussing' it, and it being ratified by the FA and the NL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... virus/amp/
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Search and Destroy » Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Well all NL will go for it and a few tiny L2 clubs, maybe yours included
Search and Destroy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Mon May 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Regionalisation is a bad move across the board, simply doesn’t work and it’s small minded.

However, if you had regionalisation it would be league 1 and 2 which merged, not with the bananarama league.

Why would league sides be wanting to mix with the likes of Solihull moors, Chorley and chesterfield?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon May 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:Well all NL will go for it and a few tiny L2 clubs, maybe yours included

Yes go for it as it's the last chance you will get for about 20 years plus..grasp at any straw you can or just get your shopping bags ready for when Aldi build on your ground. You will be gone within five years at the most..............shame.........not.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Mon May 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:Well all NL will go for it and a few tiny L2 clubs, maybe yours included

Hark at Hide and Cry,

Trying to sound like 'the mice that roared,' but coming across like a 'feeble lamb that bleated'.

Run along and dream..
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mansf1eld » Mon May 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Your lot are irrelevant, know your place.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon May 18, 2020 5:44 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Don't get your hopes up sad-act, there's a long way between 'some chairmen discussing' it, and it being ratified by the FA and the NL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... virus/amp/

If its on Talksport it just isn’t worth the effort to listen to. Over hyped opinionated has beens trying to be controversial to justify their clogging of the air waves.

If that is what the Church Benders class as a credible source they might as well watch the Country File and think it’s a dating show.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 pm

Such articles have featured both on talksport and also the daily mail for the last 3 years, it’s just hyped up raspberrys.

Clubs wouldn’t vote for regionalisation - especially with the conference. What is there to be gained.

Travel costs are well down, and if I were the chairman I’d bin overnight stops off all together.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Mon May 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Yes go for it as it's the last chance you will get for about 20 years plus..grasp at any straw you can or just get your shopping bags ready for when Aldi build on your ground. You will be gone within five years at the most..............shame.........not.

To be fair, there's already an Aldi directly opposite the ground.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon May 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Tre Cool wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

To be fair, there's already an Aldi directly opposite the ground.

Could always expand it
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon May 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Hark at Mr Irrelevant :lol:

It took an international pandemic to save you from regional football :lol:

Search and Destroy indeed :roll:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Quality baiting.

You need to search out your ground and destroy all that bird raspberry that is rotting it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum