{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue May 04, 2021 2:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.


Well as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.


Well as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

He's a diehard, but very unhappy. He said we are supposed to be a community club.

They moaned about Dave Allen. At least he put money into the club.

The new lot seem to rely on other people's money.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby ST4GS » Tue May 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.


Well as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

He's a diehard, but very unhappy. He said we are supposed to be a community club.

They moaned about Dave Allen. At least he put money into the club.

The new lot seem to rely on other people's money.

That can't be correct. He must be let in using his season ticket unless the total number of season tickets sold is greater than the reduced capacity allowed. In that case the club have a problem in allowing some to use their season tickets but refusing others unless they drew up terms and conditions like Colchester United did regarding length of time holding a season ticket, renewal date etc. Either way the club cannot sell to non season ticket holders without existing season ticket holders having first option !!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 4:45 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.


Well as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

He's a diehard, but very unhappy. He said we are supposed to be a community club.

They moaned about Dave Allen. At least he put money into the club.

The new lot seem to rely on other people's money.

That can't be correct. He must be let in using his season ticket unless the total number of season tickets sold is greater than the reduced capacity allowed. In that case the club have a problem in allowing some to use their season tickets but refusing others unless they drew up terms and conditions like Colchester United did regarding length of time holding a season ticket, renewal date etc. Either way the club cannot sell to non season ticket holders without existing season ticket holders having first option !!

I find it difficult to believe, however he seemed clear about it.

Perhaps one of our three Spireite friends could clarify.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm

The season ticket thread on Bob's bored seems to confirm what he told me.
Worrh a read ( I can't do the linky thing )!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue May 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Given their current excellent form you have to wonder if they’ll throw the dolly out the pram and furlough more players and get new ones in.

Seemingly there’s nothing low enough that the club wouldn’t stoop to.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8570
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue May 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Apparently (as told to me by a spirite fan), to obtain a priority ticket for their home game with Dagenham and Redbridge he had to purchase a season ticket for next season by the end of April. Even though he had already purchased a season ticket for this season. Surely he's already paid for that game. I find that scandalous if true.


Well as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

He's a diehard, but very unhappy. He said we are supposed to be a community club.

They moaned about Dave Allen. At least he put money into the club.

The new lot seem to rely on other people's money.

That can't be correct. He must be let in using his season ticket unless the total number of season tickets sold is greater than the reduced capacity allowed. In that case the club have a problem in allowing some to use their season tickets but refusing others unless they drew up terms and conditions like Colchester United did regarding length of time holding a season ticket, renewal date etc. Either way the club cannot sell to non season ticket holders without existing season ticket holders having first option !!

I find it difficult to believe, however he seemed clear about it.

Perhaps one of our three Spireite friends could clarify.


Unfortunately you'll have to wait until they've won a game to hear from them again. You could be waiting a while :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:11 am
Location: Hate non league spireshites

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue May 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Having a quick read of a few threads on there and it appears that they consider Dave Allen's tenure to be the equivalent as our time under H*slam.
I'm not quite sure how you can compare someone who loaned the club £8m and, as far as I am aware, walked away without recovering any of those loans, with someone who bought a club for a quid, never put a penny in, took a salary and various other amounts out of the club, and then screwed us over when he finally left.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:26 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57027046

Maybe a fine coming chesterfields way soon aswell?.... Lets hope so
Gazmoose82
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admiral Sook, five to three, MTFCMusings, northern stag and 33 guests