{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:35 pm

Yeah not sure councils have the breathing space in their reserves to fund football clubs
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:04 pm

If Leeds go up the Cheats get a six figure payment as one of Liam Cooper's add-ons.

Come on Fulham. come on Fulham.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:36 am

Agreeing with Big Yella often leaves a foul taste in the mouth, however on this occasion I am whole heartedly with him.

As I watch the Championship results come in I can’t believe that I am rooting for the likes of Brentford, Fulham, West Brom and Forest.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 am

Leeds are joint top, with a game in hand and an easy run-in. Can't see them not going up in one of the 2 auto spots. I'd say they're favourites for the title in fact.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 am

ParisStag wrote:Leeds are joint top, with a game in hand and an easy run-in. Can't see them not going up in one of the 2 auto spots. I'd say they're favourites for the title in fact.

Unfortunately I think you’re right
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:40 am

Big yella wrote:If Leeds go up the Cheats get a six figure payment as one of Liam Cooper's add-ons.

Come on Fulham. come on Fulham.

Fortunately it will probably go straight in Dave Allen's pocket.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.

Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pity we don’t sell players and get decent money and good sell on clauses.

Can you imagine if we did....our fans would lambast the owners for not being committed no more and losing interest :lol:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:52 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

I know what you mean. I’ve never seen us make a decent profit from a player who was destined to go higher apart from the unlucky Kevin McKernon maybe!

Liam Lawrence, Tom Naylor, Luke O'Neill
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:55 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

His brother Craig was the better footballer ;)
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:15 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Colin Calderwood ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:26 pm

HU7stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

:lol:
I just remembered the hair and thought of Kent :D
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Colin Calderwood ?

And just look at how we were robbed by Calderwood, Macari and Swindon.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Colin Calderwood ?

Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:56 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
HU7stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

:lol:
I just remembered the hair and thought of Kent :D

:lol: to be fair he did look like a younger Kevin Kent
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:[quote=“

Colin Calderwood ?

Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?

Yep we did collect £600K from Spurs but unfortunately Haslam pocketed the cash for himself!!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:24 pm

My understanding was that it was used to pay off the debts he inherited when he bought the club. A nice little windfall from the previous chairman which meant he ended up with a debt free club for £1. However, if you believe the spin he (and Meale) put out to prove what a great owner he was, he cleared the club's debt. Technically correct, but not from his own pocket.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?

During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/coo ... 14192.html

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Care to enlighten me ? I thought we did quite well out of the 50% sell on clause ?

During the Swindon saga, Calderwood was actually arrested for allegedly defrauding the Inland Revenue by accepting a "bung" to sign from Mansfield. He was cleared, but Swindon, having won promotion to the former First Division with Ardiles in charge, were demoted to the Third Division as punishment for maladministration.

Not sure how posting a link to an article which talks about him being cleared of any wrongdoing proves what you said ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Not sure how posting a link to an article which talks about him being cleared of any wrongdoing proves what you said ?

Oh dear. He was tapped up. There were fines. It’s not that hard to grasp.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:56 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Tapped up or not, the original fee was set by a tribunal, and the combination of Swindon's rise and the 50% sell on clause meant we ended up getting over £650k for him which is still a club record 27 years later.
Personally, I wouldn't class that as being robbed.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:00 pm

If true, and we did get 650k back then, that's 1.125m in today's money!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Tapped up or not, the original fee was set by a tribunal, and the combination of Swindon's rise and the 50% sell on clause meant we ended up getting over £650k for him which is still a club record 27 years later.
Personally, I wouldn't class that as being robbed.

If this is still our record fee received its an absolute travesty with the players we've had over the years....

Lawrence
Greenacre
Peacock
Baptiste
Clucas
Ward
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 am

I always thought Nicky Weaver was a better keeper than Ward and we got £250,000 for him as a young lad who had only made one appearance. If we had kept him longer his value would probably have exceeded the record if any player was going to do it.

Of course he could have got injured or had the confidence knocked out of him by our crowd who seem to like to make keepers their main target but we will never know.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum