{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby victor A block » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 am

Id love to see them drop, but its not there yet.

Of the times i've seen them they played well second half at the Mill and made Notts County look like.......well... Notts County.

IF they kind find a bit of spirit, and Jack Molester grows a brain cell or two its not inconceivable out of their remaining games they can win at the Vegans, beat an indifferent Newport at home and go to Barnet on the final day needing 3 points to scrape past Grimsby, who I cant see picking up any further points. 9 points may be enough.

I'm waiting till at least 5 o clock on Saturday before buying the champagne. We will know more by then.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 am

Gruff wrote:What would be the odds on Paul Cox going there if/when Jester gets the boot?

Paul Cox would be a good appointment for them, I am sure Lester will be sacked at the end of the season.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am

:lol: they took it badly and still babbling on about it :lol: could take decades to get over it :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 am

london amber stag wrote:
Gruff wrote:What would be the odds on Paul Cox going there if/when Jester gets the boot?

Paul Cox would be a good appointment for them, I am sure Lester will be sacked at the end of the season.

I agree :D
It would be brilliant for us if Cox got their job and replicated his achievement this season in terms of finishing position with them next season :D
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: they took it badly and still babbling on about it :lol: could take decades to get over it :lol:

Blaming refereeing decisions and luck for their plight. He's more clueless in every interview. It's noticiable that he never mentions relegation and is never asked about it. He's in denial and is going to get a big shock soon.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 am

ST4GS wrote:
london amber stag wrote:

I agree :D
It would be brilliant for us if Cox got their job and replicated his achievement this season in terms of finishing position with them next season :D

I'm not so sure he would after what happened at Barrow and Guiseley. If Dave Allen gave him a top budget maybe, because he knows the league better than most.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 am

ParisStag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: they took it badly and still babbling on about it :lol: could take decades to get over it :lol:

Blaming refereeing decisions and luck for their plight. He's more clueless in every interview. It's noticiable that he never mentions relegation and is never asked about it. He's in denial and is going to get a big shock soon.

I think the fiddling with the zip, shows his unease. They have a mountain to climb, but they are not down yet.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 pm

If cox went, would murray follow?

That would be wierd.

I agree about not wanting to celebrate their relegation just yet, but they need 7 points (best case) and need barnet and grimsby not to get anymore points. Realistically they need 9 points. I just cant see it happening for them.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:31 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:If cox went, would murray follow?

That would be wierd.

I agree about not wanting to celebrate their relegation just yet, but they need 7 points (best case) and need barnet and grimsby not to get anymore points. Realistically they need 9 points. I just cant see it happening for them.

Doubt murray will leave his job at burton tbh, he seems quite happy
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:35 pm

apologies if already mentioned but, if my maths is right, chesterfield could effectively be relegated on Saturday if they lose both tonight (probable) and on Saturday away to FGR and Grimsby win at Swindon (perhaps less likely).
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Teapot » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm

They are in total denial. It is poor form over forty six matches that will see you relegated. Blaming poor refereeing decisions and a poor bounce of the ball is irrelevant as all teams suffer this over a season. Perhaps the penny will drop tonight as they are turned over in Devon. Let us hope so.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Random Hero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

yaxhamstag wrote:apologies if already mentioned but, if my maths is right, chesterfield could effectively be relegated on Saturday if they lose both tonight (probable) and on Saturday away to FGR and Grimsby win at Swindon (perhaps less likely).

Correct.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Reading their message board, it seems quite obvious that they have already resigned themselves to the fact that they are down. It's pretty poor considering they do have a realistic chance of survival if they win 3 out of 5, but then again they have been served up complete and utter dross for the last two seasons so it's hardly surprising they are in that mentality.

Saturday hit them very, very hard. If they had beaten us I'd have fully backed them to stay up, as Grimsby are dreadful and you can't see them picking up any more wins... perhaps a couple of draws. It would have left Spireites able to turn it around using their games in hand. But their players and their fans are now in complete relegation mentality almost unanimously, whereas before there were still pockets of resistance and optimism.

Realistically, we have pretty much almost sealed their fate. We didn't smash the final nail into their coffin, but we certainly were the ones to close the lid.

However that said, the season is run over 46 games. The are in the position they are in because they haven't been good enough all season. That's the top and bottom of it, and bemoaning luck and bad bounces of the ball show incredible naivety from Lester. Every press conference he does is littered with clichés that we used when we went down in 2008.

One thing is for certain - they are in for one hell of a shock.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:37 pm

If Grimsby play anyone in the play offs in the last two games I’m betting those teams will rest players for the semi finals like Wrexham did against us. If Grimsby lose every game then Spireites only need 7 points due to GD I think being in their favour.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 pm

yaxhamstag wrote:apologies if already mentioned but, if my maths is right, chesterfield could effectively be relegated on Saturday if they lose both tonight (probable) and on Saturday away to FGR and Grimsby win at Swindon (perhaps less likely).

They’ve got a good record in Exeter, only lost 2 in last 12 :shock:
Unfortunately :roll:
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big Lad Stag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:30 pm

No team in the top 9 or 10 can afford to rest players, some play each other, only Accrington can afford to relax but they will want to show that they are worthy champions.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Big Lad Stag wrote:No team in the top 9 or 10 can afford to rest players, some play each other, only Accrington can afford to relax but they will want to show that they are worthy champions.

My point is that Notts could be safely in the play offs after Saturday, and I would be resting some players, especially the older players!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 pm

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/ ... year-vote/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris '£4kpw' O'Grady get my vote :lol:

7 League goals since 2014 :lol:

3 goals in total for them this season :lol: :lol:

42 weeks he's been at them, £168,000 in salary taken, £56,000 per goal :lol: :lol:

And let's not forget his first interview....
https://youtu.be/Qv7t-Ey6pHo

'club is too big to be in League 2' :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotflmao:
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

I think the fiddling with the zip, shows his unease. They have a mountain to climb, but they are not down yet.

Those interviews read like "meh meh meh meh meh meh meh" in a dour, underwhelming Beaker from the Muppet Show fashion.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

That would be wierd.

What job is he doing at Burton ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm

88BenM wrote:https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2018/april/20180417-player-of-the-year-vote/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris '£4kpw' O'Grady get my vote :lol:

7 League goals since 2014 :lol:

3 goals in total for them this season :lol: :lol:

42 weeks he's been at them, £168,000 in salary taken, £56,000 per goal :lol: :lol:

And let's not forget his first interview....
https://youtu.be/Qv7t-Ey6pHo

'club is too big to be in League 2' :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotflmao:

I just voted for Chris O'Grady too.
Can we hijack this and all vote for O'Grady?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Done, O'Grady
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Yep, he's my man too.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Chris O’Grady got my vote.

If O’Grady, thanks to a Stagsnet landslide, wins player of the year it will be a more honest contest than their ‘win a pre-season trip with the first team’ raffle.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That would be wierd.

What job is he doing at Burton ?

Muzza is just helping out ad hoc at Burton when it he wants to. No commitment, and certainly not a "job" to leave. Muzza told me this himself two weeks ago. He is happy spending more time with his kids, and losing weight by playing football for Sutton Coldfield (though he picked up an injury in a recent game).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum