{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:11 am

Spiritater wrote:mega bucks punditry days over now and probably all jobs in footy. will probably be stackin shelves in tesco.

He was still being paid by Chesterfield until less than a year ago.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 am

Which came first; the heavy drinking or the Church benders managers job?

I know which answer the smart money is on.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Lasted all of 24hrs hours in prison.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Lasted all of 24hrs hours in prison.

It will always be on his CV though the arrogant raspberry.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:03 am

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:04 am

It is obvious to anyone watching that footage, that Saunders would have been many times over the drink drive limit.

We will never know how much alcohol he had consumed as he wouldn't provide a sample but I am sure it would but at least 4 times the limit and probably much more than that. Having been on the wrong end of a head on collision with a drunk, I have no sympathy with anyone convicted of this level of offence. He is as culpable as drunks involved in fatal accidents and should be sentenced on his actions rather than the consequences of them. The fact he wasn't involved in an accident is only by the grace of God and nothing to do with Saunders' actions.

The man is a disgrace and should be locked up. Anyone thinking drink driving is ok should have a good look at themselves.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:57 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It is obvious to anyone watching that footage, that Saunders would have been many times over the drink drive limit.

We will never know how much alcohol he had consumed as he wouldn't provide a sample but I am sure it would but at least 4 times the limit and probably much more than that. Having been on the wrong end of a head on collision with a drunk, I have no sympathy with anyone convicted of this level of offence. He is as culpable as drunks involved in fatal accidents and should be sentenced on his actions rather than the consequences of them. The fact he wasn't involved in an accident is only by the grace of God and nothing to do with Saunders' actions.

The man is a disgrace and should be locked up. Anyone thinking drink driving is ok should have a good look at themselves.

Absolutely brilliant post & I couldn’t agree with you more. I hope that they follow the football laws with him & end up giving him extra time behind bars for a frivolous appeal.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:48 pm

Dan wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It is obvious to anyone watching that footage, that Saunders would have been many times over the drink drive limit.

Absolutely brilliant post & I couldn’t agree with you more. I hope that they follow the football laws with him & end up giving him extra time behind bars for a frivolous appeal.

They should make him manage the Spireites again!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:10 pm

Haslam refused to give a breath sample too,, these scumbags think they are above the law and use expensive lawyers to try and get them off,
Be a different story if one of their loved ones was killed by a drink driver or some selfish tool doing 50 in a 30 zone.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:58 pm

A Daggers friend who was at the game today , told me Spireites fans were getting on the players backs today
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:31 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

They should make him manage the Spireites again!

Steady ;) :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:25 pm

2-0 down to Halifax and sat pretty in 23rd
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Conference north beckons :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 pm

3-0 now, I do hope they turn it round and win 4-3 :hysteria:
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Got it back to 3-1

Against the mighty Halifax :lol:

Dilly dilly
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:59 pm

Boooooo
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Less than 4,000 there tonight, crowds getting lower by the week. Would imagine Halifax took a few?

Also just over 4,000 at Mardy Lane.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Less than 4,000 there tonight, crowds getting lower by the week. Would imagine Halifax took a few?

Also just over 4,000 at Mardy Lane.

Way way way lower than the gate announced. A Spireite I know reckons sub 2k home fans in attendance tonight. They of course, announce tickets 'sold' (given away etc)
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Uppityrstag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am

Also must admire the ongoing deluded optimism of the spireites on Bob's Board. They are away at Bromley (Played 9, lost nil, zero, none) on Saturday, yet over half their predictions show their own team (WON nil, rien , nada , a big fat polo hole) to win . You just couldn't make it up !.
(A bit like earlier in the season with their comments about a last day promotion party at Dagenham ). They really are the gift that keeps on giving.
Uppityrstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:47 am

Uppityrstag wrote:Also must admire the ongoing deluded optimism of the spireites on Bob's Board. They are away at Bromley (Played 9, lost nil, zero, none) on Saturday, yet over half their predictions show their own team (WON nil, rien , nada , a big fat polo hole) to win . You just couldn't make it up !.
(A bit like earlier in the season with their comments about a last day promotion party at Dagenham ). They really are the gift that keeps on giving.

I suppose you could at least say that they are backing their team rather than knocking big lumps out of it because results haven't gone their way. And remember that fortunately Chesterfield haven't won any of their games so more reason to throw the toys out of the pram.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Uppityrstag wrote:Also must admire the ongoing deluded optimism of the spireites on Bob's Board. They are away at Bromley (Played 9, lost nil, zero, none) on Saturday, yet over half their predictions show their own team (WON nil, rien , nada , a big fat polo hole) to win . You just couldn't make it up !.

Halfway towards matching their record run of 19 league games without a win last season, but this time they haven't got the 9 point start they had from winning their 3 opening games. Imagine getting to nearly halfway through the season and only just managing to reach double figures in points.
They really are the gift that keeps on giving at the moment and long may it continue.
A lifelong fan of theirs at work has already resigned himself to another relegation this season !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

Halfway towards matching their record run of 19 league games without a win last season, but this time they haven't got the 9 point start they had from winning their 3 opening games. Imagine getting to nearly halfway through the season and only just managing to reach double figures in points.
They really are the gift that keeps on giving at the moment and long may it continue.
A lifelong fan of theirs at work has already resigned himself to another relegation this season !!

We must be flying
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

We must be flying

Or winging it in a certain capacity let’s see what this board is like come 5pm Saturday
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Class quote on Bobs board ,,

We used to be the worst team in the football league.

Another post says

Player fighting with fans other players pulling him away . Mass brawl in tunnel according to bobs board .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:26 pm

oh that’s fab, think i’ll log in for a laugh whilst my pizza cooks mwahhhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext