{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:02 pm

chambta wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:But what is your opinion on it chambta ?
Do you think it is morally correct to use government grant funding to bring in new players, and then use further government funding (furlough) to pay players you no longer deem suitable ?
Surely the correct thing to do was to pay your existing players first ?
Rules may not have been broken but it isn't really in the spirit of what was intended. Do many other NL clubs have players on furlough while bringing in new signings ?

The club probably feel that having been deprived of the appropriate amount of ‘public’ money already through the farcical NL divvy up of lottery monies, that being creative here is fair game.

I don’t have any particularly strong feelings on it either way as it stands. When there’s detail and reasoning behind the headline I’ll conclude whether I think they were right to do this or not.

Morally right and technically and or legally correct will never be bedfellows in business nor in professional sport. Does anyone on here have that strong feelings about what has happened that they won’t fly British Airways again, Ryan Air or walk into a Wetherspoons for a pint. The behaviour of the Church Benders is not different to many a business. Wasn’t that long ago that the way we were questioning the use of furlough in relation to our grounds staff?

We are in uncharted waters and if this means clubs have to bed the rules to stay afloat then so be it. In a year or two years when the dust settles and inquiries are concluded, will anything be changed should this happen again? Hopefully.

Still, it won’t stop be typing the message, ‘Same old Spireites, always cheating’ and pressing send to my Spireite friends.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:10 pm

I'd be quite happy never set foot in another 'spoons. No morality about it, they are just shitholes and better pubs are available.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:26 pm

chambta wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
chambta wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
chambta wrote:You must have some players that could be furloughed. Get it done.

Presumably those furloughed can't train with the squad, so they will feel like outcasts. Not great for team spirit Chambta.

My assumption is that the players in question, other than the ones returning from NLN loan deals, are out of contract at the end of the season and have been encouraged to find new clubs as they aren’t the manager’s plans. As they’ve already been replaced effectively I don’t think it will affect team spirit even slightly as they ain’t in it.

Maybe you can tell us which players have been furloughed ?

It would be guesswork but it’s easy to see which players haven’t been involved.

Of the experienced players you’re looking at Boden, Buchanan and Jonathan Smith who would also be amongst the highest earners. All three are out of contract at the end of the season and won’t be offered new contracts.
So your club sign twelve new players and then decide to furlough the ones out of favour ? That can't be right surely.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:34 pm

He knows it can’t be right but if you look how that club has been run over recent years it’s no great shock.

If I was him I probably wouldn’t have tried to justify it because you can’t .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:19 pm

Sneag wrote:I'd be quite happy never set foot in another 'spoons. No morality about it, they are just shitholes and better pubs are available.

See, and this may surprise you, I will never step foot in one and it is to do with morality. I think the clown that owns them is a stupid politically misguided fool.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:27 pm

Whilst i appreciate your high ethicity last time i visited the uk they had a monday promo , the famous irish stout at 99p a pint ,loved it
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:25 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:I'd be quite happy never set foot in another 'spoons. No morality about it, they are just shitholes and better pubs are available.

See, and this may surprise you, I will never step foot in one and it is to do with morality. I think the clown that owns them is a stupid politically misguided fool.

I agree he's a horrible raspberry, but sometimes, like when you need to fly somewhere, you have to dance with the Devil.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I agree he's a horrible raspberry, but sometimes, like when you need to fly somewhere, you have to dance with the Devil.

You've met him a few times then?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:14 pm

Spoon ok for me, beer at reasonable prices. Where else can you down 5 pints and have change from a tenner.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:19 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I've never met Peter Sutcliffe but I'm pretty sure he was a raspberry.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:23 pm

Sneag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I've never met Peter Sutcliffe but I'm pretty sure he was a raspberry.

And how many has the spoons owner killed and raped?
If that's you're thinking of a comparison you really are a sad individual :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:35 pm

I know Sneag can fight his own battles but he wasn’t comparing the buffoon who owns Spoons to Sutcliffe. He was making a point that you don’t have to meet someone to form an opinion.

I’ve seen enough of Martin and his half baked BS to form an opinion and I would not spend a penny that would go in his pocket. Same with Ryan Air and that odious little runt who runs that airline.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I know Sneag can fight his own battles but he wasn’t comparing the buffoon who owns Spoons to Sutcliffe. He was making a point that you don’t have to meet someone to form an opinion.

I’ve seen enough of Martin and his half baked BS to form an opinion and I would not spend a penny that would go in his pocket. Same with Ryan Air and that odious little runt who runs that airline.

Yes, I take that back as I've not met either of you two
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:35 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I know Sneag can fight his own battles but he wasn’t comparing the buffoon who owns Spoons to Sutcliffe. He was making a point that you don’t have to meet someone to form an opinion.

See it's easy if you put your mind to it. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 am

Sneag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

See it's easy if you put your mind to it.

Sad state of your mind, you won't go in his pubs because he doesn't align with your political views, I'm sure if he'd donated to the Labour party and stay campaign you'd be right up his tanner
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:43 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Boom Boom....
Brilliant :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:06 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Sad state of your mind, you won't go in his pubs because he doesn't align with your political views, I'm sure if he'd donated to the Labour party and stay campaign you'd be right up his tanner

I’m going to regret asking this but what exactly are his political beliefs that are so offensive?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:33 pm

this is supposed to be a thread about non-league Chesterfield. If you want to discuss political beliefs or pubs, please take it to the politics forum or the tap room. Thanks.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:46 pm

From our point of view it'd be good if their season did end.... zero income until next season, despite them doing better this year surely trouble is mounting every day.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:47 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Funnily enough it wasn't me, but my learned colleague Mr Belwhiff who objects to his politics. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:37 pm

I will refrain from dragging this OT as Martin requested but by all means send me a PM and I’d be happy to let you know of my thoughts.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:51 pm

This lad we've signed is the one who had a slash at the side of your stand isn't he?

Any good?
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 am

chambta wrote:This lad we've signed is the one who had a slash at the side of your stand isn't he?

Any good?

He missed the stand
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:55 am

chambta wrote:This lad we've signed is the one who had a slash at the side of your stand isn't he?

Any good?
You've signed another player ?

How is that morally justifiable after you've furloughed players ?

What's the difference from a shopkeeper furloughing one of his staff and then setting on another person on the basis that they are better at that job ?

That is embarrassing :oops:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:15 am

Any good?

The fact that having a slash was his most memorable contribution pretty much says it all :lol:

Came to us after scoring 27 goals for oxford city the season before but never really looked fit or interested to be honest and struggled to re-capture the previous seasons form (think he only got 4/5 goals for us).

If he can find the form he hit at Solihull back in 2019 could be agood signing i guess.

Do find it intriguing that your still signing players thou... That squad must be massive for the NL by now!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum