{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
HU7stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Chris M wrote:It would not be appropriate to antagonise anyone taking part in this protest. It was not that long ago that we were in a similar position. I clearly remember that before we had our protest march we had a meeting at the civic centre. One of the speakers was a gentleman from the other side of the motorway who gave advise on organising protests as he had been involved with protests against C.field directors. As much as we take pleasure in the demise of that club it is not a laughing matter for those involved.

It puts it into perspective how much our fortunes have changed since those dark days.

I also remember his smug face & all the sly digs aimed at us too

I guess he's not a sheep fan anymore then because no one has been doing anything for years as they've plummeted down the leagues.

#YouLetYourClubDie

I'm all for letting them suffer extra relegations and serve time in non league etc but to go bust? What's the point of having a rival?

There's a few on here that want County Spireites, etc etc to go bust. I've never understood that . Last season, looking at the fixture list pre season was fantastic. Lincoln, Cov, Grimsby County Spireites etc. It didn't get any better , why would folk sooner have fixtures like today at the expense of local rivals?

I agree 100% .
You can't have a rivalry if you haven't a rival. I' would be more than happy if both teams played in lower leagues than us but I wouldn't like either to go bust . I have no hatred for County . I do for the dippers but not to the extent that I would like to see them fold .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:50 am

Just read this on Bob Board Chesterfield fan mapping out the route if there is a replay with Basford after today's match.......

I just looked at their ground on google maps. It's a field. There are no stands, seating or even railings around the pitch. Is this how low we have sunk? It makes me feel sick. If we don't beat them by at least 3 goals we might as well give up, fold the team, sell the ground and build a supermarket there.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 am

SINA STAG wrote:Just read this on Bob Board Chesterfield fan mapping out the route if there is a replay with Basford after today's match.......

I just looked at their ground on google maps. It's a field. There are no stands, seating or even railings around the pitch. Is this how low we have sunk? It makes me feel sick. If we don't beat them by at least 3 goals we might as well give up, fold the team, sell the ground and build a supermarket there.

Er....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 am

[quote="Dan"][quote="SINA STAG"]Just read this on Bob Board Chesterfield fan mapping out the route if there is a replay with Basford after today's match.......

I just looked at their ground on google maps. It's a field. There are no stands, seating or even railings around the pitch. Is this how low we have sunk? It makes me feel sick. If we don't beat them by at least 3 goals we might as well give up, fold the team, sell the ground and [b]build a supermarket there.[/quote]
[/b]

Er....[/quote]

That's what he wrote Dan :lol: :lol:

I wonder if he meant a bigger Supermarket or a cattle market full of sheep :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:01 am

Dan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Just read this on Bob Board Chesterfield fan mapping out the route if there is a replay with Basford after today's match.......

Er....

Reasons like this is why you want em to go bust :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:47 am

I'd love Basford to turn them over.

In the FA Cup qualifiers, Basford were knocked out by Staveley Miners Welfare just up the road from Chesterfield. So if they could beat them and Chesterfield couldn't, how hilarious that would be.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Spireites 2-0 up in their local derby
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Spireites 2-0 up in their local derby

Bless em. Massive win that’ll be!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm

1276 att. 259 from Basford
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Finished 5 . 1 and they are already spouting off about back to back wins.... nothing changes
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 am

Tess Tickle wrote:Finished 5 . 1 and they are already spouting off about back to back wins.... nothing changes

Yes just like we did when we were in the abyss...you take any crumbs of comfort down there.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tess Tickle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Can't remember being that hungry Mr Grimsdale.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:43 am

Tess Tickle wrote:Can't remember being that hungry Mr Grimsdale.

I think the first season we did something very similar to Chesterfield - went top of the league after 5/6 games - seem to remember beating Kidderminster 4-2 or something.

We then went on a run (not half as bad as theirs) and fell down the league - added to our own financial problems we had at the time those thoughts of promotion quickly changed
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:09 am

adamstag wrote:

I think the first season we did something very similar to Chesterfield - went top of the league after 5/6 games - seem to remember beating Kidderminster 4-2 or something.

We then went on a run (not half as bad as theirs) and fell down the league - added to our own financial problems we had at the time those thoughts of promotion quickly changed

We were losing 0-1 at half time at home to Weymouth on 20th December 2008 (not won in the league for months and the three draws we achieved in this period were wiped out by the points deduction)
I remember sitting in a cold and wet Field Mill at half time contemplating falling into the bottom four very soon.
Luckily this moment was the lowest we would fall in the table (apart from the very early tables in August), we won that game with a last minute winner.
Chesterfield were where we were before their win v Salford.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:25 pm

ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

We were losing 0-1 at half time at home to Weymouth on 20th December 2008 (not won in the league for months and the three draws we achieved in this period were wiped out by the points deduction)
I remember sitting in a cold and wet Field Mill at half time contemplating falling into the bottom four very soon.
Luckily this moment was the lowest we would fall in the table (apart from the very early tables in August), we won that game with a last minute winner.

We weren’t quite as low as they are but not far off.
Before the Weymouth game we had 25 points from 22 games and 18th place, eventually finishing 11th on 66 points.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:23 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Before the Weymouth game we had 25 points from 22 games and 18th place, eventually finishing 11th on 66 points.

I seem to remember we had by then 4 points deducted by the authorities which would have put us on only 21 points.
At half time we were still on 21 points. The live table at half time had us in a precarious position hovering around the drop zone.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 pm

ST4GS wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I seem to remember we had by then 4 points deducted by the authorities which would have put us on only 21 points.
At half time we were still on 21 points. The live table at half time had us in a precarious position hovering around the drop zone.

I’d forgotten about the points deduction,not shown in historic table site that I use. Left us in 20th place at the time.
We also had the farce of Aaron O’Connor being allowed to be registered for us while still being registered for Grays.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:22 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:We were losing 0-1 at half time at home to Weymouth on 20th December 2008 (not won in the league for months and the three draws we achieved in this period were wiped out by the points deduction)

I’d forgotten about the points deduction,not shown in historic table site that I use. Left us in 20th place at the time.
We also had the farce of Aaron O’Connor being allowed to be registered for us while still being registered for Grays.

our report of the Weymouth game
https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... seasonid=9
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Then David Holdsworth came in to save us.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby chambta » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
chambta wrote:It seems Basford, via their social media, have been encouraging Mansfield fans to attend the FA Trophy game and now the police have got 'intelligence' that some of your lot and plenty of Forest will be turning up at the weekend.

If you are, please just get in the ground and watch the match rather than antagonising those protesting. By all means laugh on here and have your fun but please respect this protest and don't give it the opportunity to be anything other than the completely peaceful one we need it to be.

Plenty of coppers will be about anyway it seems.

Thanks in advance.

How would you care ? Sounds like you’ve not been since the FACup semifinal

Is ‘sounds like’ biker speak for ‘I made that up’?
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 am

chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
chambta wrote:It seems Basford, via their social media, have been encouraging Mansfield fans to attend the FA Trophy game and now the police have got 'intelligence' that some of your lot and plenty of Forest will be turning up at the weekend.

If you are, please just get in the ground and watch the match rather than antagonising those protesting. By all means laugh on here and have your fun but please respect this protest and don't give it the opportunity to be anything other than the completely peaceful one we need it to be.

Plenty of coppers will be about anyway it seems.

Thanks in advance.

How would you care ? Sounds like you’ve not been since the FACup semifinal

Is ‘sounds like’ biker speak for ‘I made that up’?

We so need a smilie on here with a fishing reel over a pond.
I won't say anything about quotation marks being " not '
It must be very difficult typing with hooves :D

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Our none league neighbours have just appointed a new CEO named Mr Bean.

You couldn't make it up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 am

A crowd of 1,250 or so for the "protest"

When you compare what we were like with Haslam to these lot just rolling around and having their tummies tickled it's no wonder they aren't getting far.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mans_field » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:07 am

adamstag wrote:A crowd of 1,250 or so for the "protest"

When you compare what we were like with Haslam to these lot just rolling around and having their tummies tickled it's no wonder they aren't getting far.

a couple of hundred turned out for the protest, which probably means 30/40 with the way they report crowd numbers!!
and if anyone got a spare few mins try and listen to Mr Bean being interviewed on radio Sheff, wow, let's just say I'm glad he's nowhere near our club!

:mtfc:
mans_field
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:55 am

mans_field wrote:
adamstag wrote:A crowd of 1,250 or so for the "protest"

a couple of hundred turned out for the protest, which probably means 30/40 with the way they report crowd numbers!!
and if anyone got a spare few mins try and listen to Mr Bean being interviewed on radio Sheff, wow, let's just say I'm glad he's nowhere near our club!

:mtfc:

You need to read up on this particular Mr Bean, he's as shady as they come, it's a terrific appointment...........................for us :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum