{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:The thing that upsets me in this is the fact the club says all of those receiving the vaccine were vulnerable. It included members of the first team squad who surely can’t fall into that category so why all the bovine droppings.

I also don’t know for sure but if this was left over vaccine, surely it must have been late in the day when it was known it wasn’t all going to be used. How many footballers are still in the stadium in the late afternoon/early evening?

I’m not going to be easily convinced this was a last resort inoculation.

What puzzles me is if the Vaccine Centre has a contact list for any spare vaccine why is the local football club on the list? Surely there are other places with more suitable clientele. For example staff from the three supermarkets in the close vacinity. They would have older workers who are front line.

Maybe the local authorities are worried about getting their loan money back so decided to give the club a hand. Whatever the reason I bet the answer gets delivered in a brown paper bag.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:54 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:The thing that upsets me in this is the fact the club says all of those receiving the vaccine were vulnerable. It included members of the first team squad who surely can’t fall into that category so why all the bovine droppings.

I also don’t know for sure but if this was left over vaccine, surely it must have been late in the day when it was known it wasn’t all going to be used. How many footballers are still in the stadium in the late afternoon/early evening?

If that vulnerable they should be shielding , its a load of crap
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:02 pm

No way are there any vulnerable footballers, they're all young and fit fgs and certainly not vulnerable.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:19 pm

The One wrote:

If that vulnerable they should be shielding , its a load of crap

Exactly. Since they think it's OK to furlough players at the club, maybe these vulnerable people should be joining them . :D
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
So how close are these players to the vaccination centre? I refuse to believe that there were no more worthy candidates than players.

I agree, I just wondered if the ground was a vaccination centre it may have been a bit more understandable, as it is, these players are not even on the list, let alone the bottom of it!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Before I hit the roof, do we have any facts on this unbelievable vaccine story.
Did they fall in a sheep dip or something.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:12 pm

chip63 wrote:Before I hit the roof, do we have any facts on this unbelievable vaccine story.
Did they fall in a sheep dip or something.

The Daily Mirror broke the story. Stags for Life posted a link about twenty posts back.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 am

Story all over Daily Mail. A 21 year old was jabbed.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chesterfield-insist-havent-jumped-covid-23437997

Bunch of flipping..
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 am

What about putting half the team on furlough so you can sign more players? After claiming grants/loans to keep them afloat? I'm sure that's not how it is designed to work, this really is a rotten club at heart.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 am

old ram stag wrote:What about putting half the team on furlough so you can sign more players? After claiming grants/loans to keep them afloat? I'm sure that's not how it is designed to work, this really is a rotten club at heart.

Well they do have to live up to the reputation of the spire, twisted and crooked.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:27 pm

I've just read that two players were vaccinated two weeks ago and a third this Sunday just gone.
So the vaccination centre have failed twice to get in touch with anybody who are a lot more vulnerable?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:36 pm

tmwilson wrote:I've just read that two players were vaccinated two weeks ago and a third this Sunday just gone.
So the vaccination centre have failed twice to get in touch with anybody who are a lot more vulnerable?
So not a one off then. Seems to be getting worse by the minute. Sky on to it now.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:43 pm

Vile vile club
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:49 pm

On a different platform forum a chesterfield fan recently attempted to mock us for having so many pages dedicated to them and said we were infatuated.

I thought about it briefly then realised that in recent times they’ve gone from challenging in league 1 to relegation to league 2 to relegation to the conference to spending successive seasons dodging relegation to the conference north.

within that period of time they’ve borrowed money off the council which they then spent on players, furloughing staff which is highly questionable at best, jabgate - fielding ineligible players twice in cup competitions while obviously topping it off with creating a fake winner to a raffle screwing their own, highly unfortunate fans.

Given the abject circus chesterfield are as a football club i’m surprised it’s not more pages, if the football club were a horse it’d have been shot by now.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:15 pm

They can always organise another fake raffle to pay any fine.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm

adamstag wrote:On a different platform forum a chesterfield fan recently attempted to mock us for having so many pages dedicated to them and said we were infatuated.

I thought about it briefly then realised that in recent times they’ve gone from challenging in league 1 to relegation to league 2 to relegation to the conference to spending successive seasons dodging relegation to the conference north.

within that period of time they’ve borrowed money off the council which they then spent on players, furloughing staff which is highly questionable at best, jabgate - fielding ineligible players twice in cup competitions while obviously topping it off with creating a fake winner to a raffle screwing their own, highly unfortunate fans.

Given the abject circus chesterfield are as a football club i’m surprised it’s not more pages, if the football club were a horse it’d have been shot by now.

Karma is really giving them a kicking :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:On a different platform forum a chesterfield fan recently attempted to mock us for having so many pages dedicated to them and said we were infatuated.

Karma is really giving them a kicking :lol:

Just need huge point reduction to top it off
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:01 pm

tmwilson wrote:I've just read that two players were vaccinated two weeks ago and a third this Sunday just gone.

I did not realise they have players aged over 80 within their squad.
It would explain the lack of movement in midfield I suppose and explain why they have been stuck in the bottom half of the Gola League / Beazer Homes League / Conference etc for what seems like years.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:02 pm

You really can't make it up can you?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby fox in the box » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Spireites fully supporting their actions on Bobs Board completely unsurprisingly. They have zero shame
fox in the box
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby m1cksut » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:03 pm

A medical centre received angry calls and one staff member was threatened after players at a nearby football club were given Covid vaccines.

Chesterfield FC said some players and staff, "most of them vulnerable", were given jabs to stop them being wasted.

However, the medical centre which gave the vaccines has received dozens of angry phone calls since news of the vaccinations appeared in the media.

One threatened a female member of staff, saying he knew where she lived.

The woman has reported the threat to Derbyshire Police, which has confirmed it is investigating.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:17 pm

That disgusting club will never change.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Forget any morality here.

This is a competitive advantage. While the covid 19 vaccine is not on a banned substance list, what it does do is allow the club and players to act in a way that their counterparts in the NL can not.

From a footballing perspective, it's an unfair advantage from a controlled substance. It's cheating, because other clubs haven't had this opportunity.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:33 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Forget any morality here.

This is a competitive advantage. While the covid 19 vaccine is not on a banned substance list, what it does do is allow the club and players to act in a way that their counterparts in the NL can not.

From a footballing perspective, it's an unfair advantage from a controlled substance. It's cheating, because other clubs haven't had this opportunity.

Spirites cheat . Never. They are lowest of the low. Horrible club
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum