{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 pm

According to Soccerstats they’ve had the easiest set of fixtures of any team in the Conference up to now. And have got the 2nd hardest set of remaining fixtures.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:00 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Their millionaire manager is blaming their abject performance on the pitch. It seems the grounds man forgot to put the frost covers on last night and they had to defrost it with warm water, which caused a poor surface. The fans are blaming him for what they see as a poor team selection.

A large portion of their fans on that forum are now questioning him. Saying he shouldn’t be so arrogant and just own up that he got it wrong

A huge sense of entitlement and the second half of the season is going to be rough.

Especially if they lose tshimanga, which if they continue this patch of bad results I can see him jumping ship. Right now, his record is insane. But that all changes if the supply isn’t there and they aren’t getting the ball to him.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:08 pm

Oh dear that's got to knock a few quid off his £1m price tag.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:25 pm

Marky Mark wrote:According to Soccerstats they’ve had the easiest set of fixtures of any team in the Conference up to now. And have got the 2nd hardest set of remaining fixtures.

21 games left and 12 of them are against teams currently occupying the top 11, including 2 against Stockport (current 2nd) and 2 against Notts (current 6th)
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:30 pm

:lol: :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:46 pm

Sheer arrogance, as if they have a right to beat every team they play. The grounds man and staff must feel insulted . No class in a draw never mind if they had lost.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:58 pm

On the National League banter page they've been giving it large all season. When they scored at Chelsea all we got was "We scored at the European Champions" *yawn*. So I put on there on Tuesday night after they lost at Maidenhead "Well we did score 2 goals at part time Maidenhead" and some of them blocked me! That's how entitled they are and that's why everyone hates them in non league.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:08 pm

Dan wrote:On the National League banter page they've been giving it large all season. When they scored at Chelsea all we got was "We scored at the European Champions" *yawn*. So I put on there on Tuesday night after they lost at Maidenhead "Well we did score 2 goals at part time Maidenhead" and some of them blocked me! That's how entitled they are and that's why everyone hates them in non league.

Stags scored against 6 time European champions. Did we ever mention that once?

Thought it was so tin pot when they did against Chelsea
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:50 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:On the National League banter page they've been giving it large all season. When they scored at Chelsea all we got was "We scored at the European Champions" *yawn*. So I put on there on Tuesday night after they lost at Maidenhead "Well we did score 2 goals at part time Maidenhead" and some of them blocked me! That's how entitled they are and that's why everyone hates them in non league.

Stags scored against 6 time European champions. Did we ever mention that once?

Thought it was so tin pot when they did against Chelsea

And 19 times league champions!!! COYS.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Birchy1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:23 pm

6400 there today. 180 or so Shots fans. Still a very good turn out. The Shots put 10 behind the ball. Pitch is not good and is having an effect. One way traffic 2nd half. Just missed the killer touch. First time not scored at home this season and went top. Ignore the meltdown stuff on BB. Glass half empty fans, just like any forum.
Birchy1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:57 am

Birchy1 wrote:6400 there today. 180 or so Shots fans. Still a very good turn out. The Shots put 10 behind the ball. Pitch is not good and is having an effect. One way traffic 2nd half. Just missed the killer touch. First time not scored at home this season and went top. Ignore the meltdown stuff on BB. Glass half empty fans, just like any forum.

wow that’s so interesting thank you
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: :lol:

He's deluded
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Birchy1 wrote:6400 there today. 180 or so Shots fans. Still a very good turn out. The Shots put 10 behind the ball. Pitch is not good and is having an effect. One way traffic 2nd half. Just missed the killer touch. First time not scored at home this season and went top. Ignore the meltdown stuff on BB. Glass half empty fans, just like any forum.

wow that’s so interesting thank you

At least he has stop saying they now, and admitted his true colours.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 am

Presumably with 1000 free school tickets and announcing season ticket holders who weren’t there.

All to watch a 0-0 with aldershot :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 am

adamstag wrote:

Presumably with 1000 free school tickets and announcing season ticket holders who weren’t there.

Free kids tickets is to be applauded but most will need parents in attendance. How does their ticket system handle this. I know ours would fail to cope.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 am

ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Free kids tickets is to be applauded but most will need parents in attendance. How does their ticket system handle this. I know ours would fail to cope.
I think they count none attending season ticket holders.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:49 am

This attendance thing is getting really petty from our side.

We’d love to be dragging 6000 plus at home. That’s good backing from their fans.

With the size of Mansfield and Ashfield, we should be able to get that many, especially with the form we’re in.

Their crowd doesn’t disguise the fact that their bubble is about to go bang :D
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 am

Halifax Stockport and Bromley all at home Tuesday, Cheats don’t play till Saturday
Table could look quite different on Tuesday night
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:23 am

I’ve had some sport on Twitter - their standard response is to block. A financial disaster waiting to happen
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:27 am

west country stag wrote:

He's deluded

A complete clown. He’s the football manager equivalent of David Brent
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:56 am

Don’t worry I ignore everything on BB cos I don’t read it !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:00 pm

yorkstag wrote:
west country stag wrote:

He's deluded

A complete clown. He’s the football manager equivalent of David Brent

He probably gave Thomas Tuchel his managerial pearls of wisdom after the Chelsea game.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:42 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:This attendance thing is getting really petty from our side.

We’d love to be dragging 6000 plus at home. That’s good backing from their fans.

With the size of Mansfield and Ashfield, we should be able to get that many, especially with the form we’re in.

Their crowd doesn’t disguise the fact that their bubble is about to go bang :D
I'd be more impressed if they counted them properly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Over on bobs board they seem to think because the pitch is that crap the game was
in doubt at 2pm on Saturday and that they were putting hot water on the pitch to thaw it out :lol:

I can just picture the ground staff running back n forth from the office with a kettle in each hand
trying to thaw the pitch.

How the hell can you Chuck a shed load of hot water on a football pitch?? :roll:
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 pm

If you’re putting hot water on a frozen pitch then you’re just providing more liquid to freeze.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum