{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:40 am

On this day...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52173868

One of those rare days in not backing the underdog, oh, and that 'goal'... :D

Priceless and never tires to amuse
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Wish we could make it that far. They have a few things over us in recent decades imo. This is certainly one of them.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

How the mighty have fallen :roll: :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:29 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting David Elleray at a Notts FA referees seminar. As David finished his key note speech he walked through the room, at which point I intercepted him. I shook his hand and said to him, ‘David, on behalf of Mansfield Fans everywhere I would like to thank you for your great est performance in the Middlesbrough v Chesterfield FA Cup tie’. He smiled and said thank you. (Though this may be down to the fact David is a true gentleman). :D
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:35 am

I was at the Old Trafford game with some Spireite friends if that is possible?
When the late equalizer went in I was probably the only person in the Stretford End who didn't jump up and celebrate.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:04 am

In these troubled times with financial uncertainty, a viral pandemic, lives on hold lets all pull together today. Today, we as Stags fans need to ensure that we take time out of busy day, our furloughed day, our possibly key worker day to come together and celebrate.......NATIONAL SIR MAL BENNING DAY
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:44 am

groundhoppingstag wrote:I was at the Old Trafford game with some Spireite friends if that is possible?
When the late equalizer went in I was probably the only person in the Stretford End who didn't jump up and celebrate.

Then you have failed in life I am afraid, hang your head in shame.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:53 am

Never crossed the six yard line, much less the goal line.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:38 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:In these troubled times with financial uncertainty, a viral pandemic, lives on hold lets all pull together today. Today, we as Stags fans need to ensure that we take time out of busy day, our furloughed day, our possibly key worker day to come together and celebrate.......NATIONAL SIR MAL BENNING DAY

Now there's a reason to open a can or two later. How about 8 o'clock we all raise a glass to Sir Mal?

Happy, SIR MAL BENNING DAY everyone.

:mexican_wave: :mexican_wave:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:04 pm

BigGuy wrote:
groundhoppingstag wrote:I was at the Old Trafford game with some Spireite friends if that is possible?

Then you have failed in life I am afraid, hang your head in shame.

It pleases me to know that Stagsnet can be an online service for confessions of penitents.
Now searching Amazon for rosary beads.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:28 am

:shock: Vote was returned as quick as they could :lol: Forget the rest :lol: poor old clownty :lol:

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... te-2536293

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... ss-2537772
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:38 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::shock: Vote was returned as quick as they could :lol: Forget the rest :lol: poor old clownty :lol:

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... te-2536293

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... ss-2537772
Well they would, wouldn't they?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:30 am

:lol: :lol: The Dilly Dilly Stadium :lol: Sponsored by Bud Light :lol:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/l ... um-4063651
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:01 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: :lol: The Dilly Dilly Stadium :lol: Sponsored by Bud Light :lol:

A very upbeat article from Mssr Allen though it does not disguise the facts that the Community Trust cannot afford to buy the club, no-one else is genuinely interested, a large chunk of next seasons money has already been received, they have a number of players on League 2 contracts, the youth and academy set up is being scaled down, they need the season to end ASAP and that they are preparing for a very financially tight season next season.

In other words, the worst is yet to come and have to rely on Allen, whether they loathe him or love him they need Allen more than ever now. And that the worst is yet to come.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:00 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: :lol: The Dilly Dilly Stadium :lol: Sponsored by Bud Light :lol:

Love it :lol:
Pit of misery stadium sponsored by Dear Deirdre ;)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue May 12, 2020 1:27 pm

A fairly open and good update from the Spireites (Ashley Carson, Company Secretary) on all matters relating to the club including the National League season, players, sale of the club and the litigation regarding the CFC Football Development School which involved the illegal payment of players. He seems to blame Chris Turner for duping the club but admits Dave Allen and himself took their eyes off the ball.

National League
As reported, the season 2019/20 has now been cancelled but what happens with the promotions/relegations and play-offs has still not been agreed. Communication from the National League has, in my opinion, been pretty poor.

The results for the ordinary resolution on April 9 to end the playing season, which CFC voted to end, are:

National Division clubs - For: 16 clubs; Against: 5; No response: 3
North Division clubs - For: 20 clubs; Against: 1; No response: 1
South Division clubs - For: 18 clubs; Against: 2; No response: 2

Play-offs Consultation
The National League board received responses from a total of 65 out of 68 clubs.
The responses included a range of views, many detailed explanations from clubs and a mix of views in each division. A brief overview is that in the National and Southern divisions, most clubs that envisage they may qualify for play-offs would prefer to postpone such play-offs, whilst many other clubs generally prefer cancellation. However, in the North division, there is a clearer picture in favour of cancellation.

The board has not yet proceeded with any decision and are awaiting further guidance from the FA and the EFL. The board has said that they also need to take further legal opinion. So now you are all in the dark with me!

Players
The loan players will all have left the club and be off the payroll by the end of May. We will then only have ten players registered with us. As previously reported, we will not be offering any more than one-year contracts this year. By the end of this next season, every player will be out of contract. I cannot remember ever being in this position before, but a great opportunity to re-build if the manager feels it is necessary.

We have officially offered one-year contracts to several players who have all agreed in principle, but the agreements have not been signed-off yet for obvious reasons. We will announce through our media when they have signed, but to kill the speculation, the players involved are Luke Rawson, Regan Hutchinson, Jamie Sharman, Haydn Hollis and Mr Thomas Denton - at least he won’t be playing cricket this summer, so we should be okay!

Club Sale
Dave Allen and I would prefer the Community Trust to purchase the club, however I have not spoken to Mike Goodwin for over a week as the same record is still being played. I am still receiving interest from other parties, but absolutely nothing worth reporting.

Development School
I try to keep my newsletters light-hearted, but I feel it totally inappropriate to escape or dodge this topic. I have had sight this week of the Liquidator’s Annual Progress Report on CFC Football Development School Limited. Until this was released, we were prevented from disclosing the figures. It mentions under Section 2, 2.3, the sum settled between both parties resulting from the ridiculous sums that they were claiming that Chesterfield FC owed to the Development School. This was in my opinion falsely and grossly exaggerated. In fairness, they had about as much in the way of records to relay on as we did on our side.

The whole arrangement between the Development School and CFC was a total disaster, nightmare and embarrassment for the CFC board and in particular myself and Dave Allen. This was a major contributing factor to the departure of Chris Turner from his position within the club. Sadly, Chris had allowed others to dupe us all.

I knew that we certainly owed them a minimum of nearly £20,000 resulting in illegal wages being made to three of our players, the rest was fiercely fought against and thank you to Howard Freeman of Shorts and Keebles Solicitors, for fighting our corner extremely efficiently. It finally came down to a commercial settlement. It was either this or facing a legal battle with no guarantees. I was also keen to settle this to eliminate any potential purchasers of the club uncovering this as part of any due-diligence with no closure. Considering that their initial claim was in excess of £150,000, we agreed a full and final settlement of £45,000. The payment was to be made at £9,000 a month for five months, which has now been paid off in full. I feel it appropriate to apologise for the fact that this total mess ran out of control over a period of time. The plug should have been pulled on them at a much earlier point in time.

There are absolutely no other skeletons to jump out and absolutely nothing to be found within due-diligence that would have a negative effect on purchasing the club, apart from the running costs!

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/ ... st-update/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 12, 2020 2:00 pm

.... em, no sympathy whatsoever. Deserve everything they get.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Tue May 12, 2020 3:05 pm

scotsstag wrote:.... em, no sympathy whatsoever. Deserve everything they get.

Me too

I would like them to disappear up their own arsenals
Into oblivion.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jay the butcher » Tue May 12, 2020 4:04 pm

God bless em among all this c-19 news they still find a way of making me laugh . We all remember the type of players you get at that level on a one year contract the only way out for them is DOWN
jay the butcher
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Ha haa haaa couldn’t happen to a nicer club
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 am

Non league fodder
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed May 13, 2020 10:05 am

Echoed
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am

The only thing I want to die in this horrible crisis is that club.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 am

Tin hat moment here but I don’t want them to go under.

I want them to suffer like we did - and they are - but I don’t want the club to go under, personally I think from a footballing fan wanting another club to go under is pretty poor form.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 13, 2020 11:13 am

jay the butcher wrote:God bless em among all this c-19 news they still find a way of making me laugh . We all remember the type of players you get at that level on a one year contract the only way out for them is DOWN

This is a good point and signals a very desperate time for them if their strategy is 1 year contracts.

1 year contracts generally means you get tosh, especially at that level. However, in the event that they do sign a good un, they will likely be off to better things in January or May, even if they do have extension clauses.

Makes it very difficult to build something in this scenario. It means every year is a rebuild.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum