{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:47 pm

Gonna end badly again for them :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:55 am

bellwhiff wrote:I wish them no luck.

too right whiffy lad. i wish them nowt but heartache and tragedy
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:49 am

What odds for The Sheep and Alfreton to swap leagues?

Now that would be funny.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:55 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:What odds for The Sheep and Alfreton to swap leagues?

Now that would be funny.

I can see it happening, I know their all chuffed the got rid of DA, the man who brought the most success they've ever had....

but this community trust raspberry won't have a clue will they? Deep in debt with no money coming in, ill be amazed when they scrape together a full squad in time for their first game.

I can see it being like the three amigos, had the right idea and heart for it but in the end we were heading one way.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:31 am

Although they had success under him, ultimately his entire tenure at Chesterfield was deeply flawed.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Conker wrote:Although they had success under him, ultimately his entire tenure at Chesterfield was deeply flawed.

Yes it was but he put in a lot of money and still ended up in the poo.

I don't think the club is on an upward bounce yet and with no money how can it be better off?

I can only see insolvency for the sheep unless they get another fan with plenty of money. They will do well to even stay up this season and if they do go down they may not get back up off the canvas.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:21 am

Now that Chesterfield have new owners (their trust set up) can anyone confirm if the deal they struck includes owning the stadium as well?
If they got the stadium in the deal they have a fighting chance, if they have to pay Allen rent then they are doomed.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:34 am

ST4GS wrote:Now that Chesterfield have new owners (their trust set up) can anyone confirm if the deal they struck includes owning the stadium as well?
If they got the stadium in the deal they have a fighting chance, if they have to pay Allen rent then they are doomed.

As I read it, the £1M Loan from the Council was secured against the ground.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 am

If Allen still owned t'ground and cheats rented it then they'd never have a chance to get back up. Same as us with thingymabob, cos he owned FM we could not go up as t'3 amigos only rented it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Beano wrote:
ST4GS wrote:Now that Chesterfield have new owners (their trust set up) can anyone confirm if the deal they struck includes owning the stadium as well?

As I read it, the £1M Loan from the Council was secured against the ground.

That's why I am confused. Can they get a loan secured against the ground if they don't fully own it?
If they bought the club and ground for a knockdown price then why has no-one across the M1 shouted this from the rooftops **?
If so has anyone got any idea of the financial breakdown of the deal as someone must have put a lot of cash in to only need a million pounds to bridge the gap?

** They might have done but I have not trawled through their site in fine detail **
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 pm

I don't think Allen owned the ground. Not sure who did/does, but don't think it was him.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Spiritater wrote:If Allen still owned t'ground and cheats rented it then they'd never have a chance to get back up. Same as us with thingymabob, cos he owned FM we could not go up as t'3 amigos only rented it.

I believe the rule when we were in the Conference was that you had to have a 10-year lease on your stadium to go up. Dunno if that's still the case.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:58 am

My understanding is the new owners do own the ground, as it was part of the deal. They were already working with the community and had premises within the ground. They are intending to increase their community work within the Chesterfield and north Derbyshire area. Hence why two councils agreed them the £1million loan, and another council is considering an additional loan.
Sounds a good way to go, however whether it can sustain a professional football club remains to be seen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:53 am

Amber Andy wrote:My understanding is the new owners do own the ground, as it was part of the deal. They were already working with the community and had premises within the ground. They are intending to increase their community work within the Chesterfield and north Derbyshire area. Hence why two councils agreed them the £1million loan, and another council is considering an additional loan.
Sounds a good way to go, however whether it can sustain a professional football club remains to be seen.

hope not :D

it brings me daily pleasure to see the scu_m in non league
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:05 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:My understanding is the new owners do own the ground, as it was part of the deal. They were already working with the community and had premises within the ground. They are intending to increase their community work within the Chesterfield and north Derbyshire area. Hence why two councils agreed them the £1million loan, and another council is considering an additional loan.

hope not :D

it brings me daily pleasure to see the scu_m in non league

:D :clap: :clap:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:48 am

They own the lot, club, stadium, banquet facilities etc.

Had to borrow the £1m from two councils to complete the purchase.

Dave Allen has written off around £13m or so worth of debt, seems like he's just had enough, however his wife is supposedly ill too which may be a big factor.

So now they only have £1m worth of debt to pay back over 15 years.

But... they were apparently losing nearly 100k per month on last season's squad. I can't see them being able to trim those kind of losses yet still remain competitive.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 am

It's incredibly jammy if that's all true. The man kept them from going to the wall for years and then just wrote off all that debt?! There's nothing to stop them eventually getting back up to what they once were as a league club now, which in honesty is good to see for any club. Hopefully it takes them a long time to get to that and they have at least another 4 years of struggle down there, with a nice little trip to the Conference North.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:21 pm

ParisStag wrote:It's incredibly jammy if that's all true. The man kept them from going to the wall for years and then just wrote off all that debt?! There's nothing to stop them eventually getting back up to what they once were as a league club now, which in honesty is good to see for any club. Hopefully it takes them a long time to get to that and they have at least another 4 years of struggle down there, with a nice little trip to the Conference North.

The big issue is they’ll have to fund a promotion push, they don’t have a “deep pocketed benefactor” to throw money at wages etc. Even if they put the stadium up as security I’m not sure a bank would be willing to grant loans or overdrafts to fund a promotion push.
In the short term they’ll have to cut their cloth and that likely means no promotion.
I think it could be quite a while before they’re challenging to come up.
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:41 pm

I’ve been told from a very reliable source they have enough for 3 seasons without income from attendences. They are of the belief they will be right at the top at the end of this season too!
If this fails, they will struggle massively imo.
Big season for the Spireites this one.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/new-chesterfield-fc-owners-very-disappointed-after-missing-out-six-figure-sum-liam-coopers-leeds-united-premier-league-promotion-2939977

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banana skin time :lol: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/new-chesterfield-fc-owners-very-disappointed-after-missing-out-six-figure-sum-liam-coopers-leeds-united-premier-league-promotion-2939977

I’m sure uncle Keith would have done exactly the same :lol:
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Hasloan sold Baptiste to Blackpool for £10,000 and pocketed the money although you would want a serious audit of that transfer. Look at the parties involved. Mansfield Town (Hasloan) selling a young player with loads of potential to Blackpool (Oyston). :shock: :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:24 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Makes you wonder what else they've failed to spot. Question mark against their scrutiny, especially as they thought they would get the Liam Cooper money. I suppose it puts more importance now on the Sam Morsey sale.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Makes you wonder what else they've failed to spot. Question mark against their scrutiny, especially as they thought they would get the Liam Cooper money. I suppose it puts more importance now on the Sam Morsey sale.

Maybe we could buy one of the side stands off them for a knock down price , didn’t a lottery winning fan buy /sponsor a stand ??? Where are they in there hour of need ???
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum