{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It seems the cheats have paid a fee and signed Oyeleke from Port Vale rather than wait for him to be a free agent in the summer.

I hope they go bust and if I were a rates payer in Derbyshire I would want my money back

Manny Oyeleke is very injury prone and so a risky signing. He only made 45 league starts for Port Vale over 3 seasons. Previously made 75 league starts for Aldershot between 2013 and 2018 so used to the National League. Went to Exeter for a season in 2015-2016 and made 4 league starts. May have been injured again.

He'll be furloughed in a fortnight.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:27 pm

Dan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It seems the cheats have paid a fee and signed Oyeleke from Port Vale rather than wait for him to be a free agent in the summer.

I hope they go bust and if I were a rates payer in Derbyshire I would want my money back

Manny Oyeleke is very injury prone and so a risky signing. He only made 45 league starts for Port Vale over 3 seasons. Previously made 75 league starts for Aldershot between 2013 and 2018 so used to the National League. Went to Exeter for a season in 2015-2016 and made 4 league starts. May have been injured again.

He'll be furloughed in a fortnight.

You can’t furlough someone you’ve employed since the scheme began, so the new bloke will soon be down to just his players.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:19 pm

I quite enjoy the input of chumpta and search & destroy sometimes...Always entertaining back & forths. However not a fan of this this new guy spirite1983's posts they are rather predictable "scab" etc insults :clap:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Their manager is getting a bit tetchy over criticism about signing players for a fee and furloughing others.
What does he expect after the club is given a loan to help them finish the season, whilst other clubs are turned down ? Imagine the comments from other clubs if they achieve promotion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 pm

The sheep aren't bothered about the comments of others.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spireite1983 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Dan wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:To be fair my good man when you look east from our fair shire and see a stench cloud emanating behind Glapwell it will make you dig deeper into the massive social divide. It reminds me of the time your neighbour burns his coal on his fire to keep warm and theres an unknown pile of cat excrement buried in it crackling and burning away.
The odd 'unfortunate' time I have to drive through Mansfailed it reminds me of a lower class Jaywick. I chuckle to myself as I lock my car doors fearing for my safety and commence through the eye of the storm.
Yes we may have been in the Non League for just 3 years up to now but we still have that safety buffer of 2 more years before we match your poor unfortunate record.
We could fill our board with other things regarding Mansfailed like the poor season you are facing after countless failed managers who promise spend and leave but that would be like groundhog day in a way because it happened after your famous shoot-out in 02 all the way through to your glorious season of 12/13
Radfords splurged millions into your little tinpot club over the last 8 years for what? Oooooh your still a league 2 minnow who's had to bring in the king of cost saving to trim your books and hopefully keep you up this year. How long before Mr Radford pulls out? Caroline may finally see the light and leave him want half his money then he thinks I've just removed 1 financial drain from my life ill just remove the other now.
Then the Messiah Keith Haslam rides back in on his mighty steed to your 3 sided monstrosity and buys you for a quid, locks you out and dumps you like the trash your club is
All your fan's will then come over the border and start support scabbing our team like our jobs over here in the 80's
Operation reset is happening in Chesterfield as well as at County and you do fear that genuinely because when we both arrive (and it won't be long) you will then be back to being 3rd best in the area

I bid you adieu

P.s. that means goodbye by the way

When you try and get cocky at least make sure your spelling and grammar are correct.

Have a look here, it might help you https://www.chesterfield.ac.uk/?post_ty ... &s=English

Sorry Sir 100 lines for me
Spireite1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spireite1983 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:I quite enjoy the input of chumpta and search & destroy sometimes...Always entertaining back & forths. However not a fan of this this new guy spirite1983's posts they are rather predictable "scab" etc insults :clap:

Typical sheep comments back too

Like a playground isn't it?
Spireite1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby KJW STAG » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:31 pm

Spireite1983 wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:I quite enjoy the input of chumpta and search & destroy sometimes...Always entertaining back & forths. However not a fan of this this new guy spirite1983's posts they are rather predictable "scab" etc insults :clap:

Get back to your herd where you belong before the shepherd realises you are missing ;)

Yes play ground for us and yours is the pit of misery where you belong ;)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:06 am

Spireite1983 wrote:

Indeed :roll:

Back to the football... Realistically how do you rate your chances of getting through the playoffs? Apart from the faltering pies it seems to be pretty even up there!

Although many on here (and over on your bobs board) would never admit it in public... I know deep down the Derby days are being sorely missed by all.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Spireite1983 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:43 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:

Back to the football... Realistically how do you rate your chances of getting through the playoffs? Apart from the faltering pies it seems to be pretty even up there!

Although many on here (and over on your bobs board) would never admit it in public... I know deep down the Derby days are being sorely missed by all.

If the damage to Asante keeps him out for the rest of the season then it will be a hard fight to stay in the play off picture but we should just scrape in there. He may not have scored in 8 but he offers something different and makes the opposition defenders split
If he misses a couple of matches we should be looking up at 2nd or 3rd but the biggest threat to that is Stockport they have always been a bit of a bogey side
To achieve that we need a core midfield of McCourt, Weston, Smith + 2 of Rowes choosing to stay strong and drive us through to the end but we may fall short this season its all about next year as its will be a tough ask this time
Rowes a good man manager and game reader yes he gets his criticism on here but he's building his squad for next season the furloughed guys are out of contract next year so the 17 he has brought in will be here along with a select few
We've suffered a terrible spell since Cook left with severe mis-management on and off the field has left a nasty taste in our mouths but we've stood by our team and will look to deliver 4500+ crowds next year all down to the good feeling around the way Mike is running the club
its a big community club and the tax payers are behind it every step of the way (we all know the feeling of a crooked owner)

Miss the derbys loads you can't replicate it at all! Yeah we have Clounty but there's only one local Derby we both need and want back
Spireite1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby scotsstag » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:15 am

We don't "need" the derby, you do.
Alright for a day out but it wouldn't bother me if you stay where you are and we never play you again wee man :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Spireite1983 wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:

If the damage to Asante keeps him out for the rest of the season then it will be a hard fight to stay in the play off picture but we should just scrape in there. He may not have scored in 8 but he offers something different and makes the opposition defenders split
If he misses a couple of matches we should be looking up at 2nd or 3rd but the biggest threat to that is Stockport they have always been a bit of a bogey side
To achieve that we need a core midfield of McCourt, Weston, Smith + 2 of Rowes choosing to stay strong and drive us through to the end but we may fall short this season its all about next year as its will be a tough ask this time
Rowes a good man manager and game reader yes he gets his criticism on here but he's building his squad for next season the furloughed guys are out of contract next year so the 17 he has brought in will be here along with a select few
We've suffered a terrible spell since Cook left with severe mis-management on and off the field has left a nasty taste in our mouths but we've stood by our team and will look to deliver 4500+ crowds next year all down to the good feeling around the way Mike is running the club
its a big community club and the tax payers are behind it every step of the way (we all know the feeling of a crooked owner)

Miss the derbys loads you can't replicate it at all! Yeah we have Clounty but there's only one local Derby we both need and want back

We don’t want a derby. I’d be happy to never play you tin pot wasters ever again
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Jusy had delivery of party hats and party poppers for when they go bang.

I am going to laugh so hard when they have to rename.

Chesterfield AFC in the 12th division pub team counties league sponsored by happy shopper.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:32 pm

I might be being previous but I doubt we will be hearing from the usual clown heads this week

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:

We don’t want a derby. I’d be happy to never play you tin pot wasters ever again

Next local derby will be Derby themselves
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby ElwoodBlues » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 pm

Operation reset :lol:
And then theres the reality of Losing at home to Bromley.

Don't the years just fly when you are stuck down there in tin pot land.
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Just looked at the table.

Might well be the two of them scrapping for one play off place.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:20 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Spireite1983 wrote:

Sorry but im not buying that... Think of all the memories & talking points derbys have created over the recent years!... Shayne bradley vs rhys day.... Lawrences late goal at saltergate... Sir mal sending them down... Calvin andrews pitch length celebration... THAT friday night win over the pies... Even the whole Haslam giving the spires 3 sides is still a talking point to this day!.

Guess what im trying to say is that whilst its funny having your rivals stuck in NL hell for awhile.. Much rather have the derbies back than another glum awayday at forest green or crawley (who wants to remember that?)
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:29 pm

Asante is out of action for NINE MONTHS! That’s a lot of furlough/tax payers money wasted there.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Dan wrote:Asante is out of action for NINE MONTHS! That’s a lot of furlough/tax payers money wasted there.

:hysteria: :guitar: :hysteria: :guitar: :hysteria:
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:43 pm

ElwoodBlues wrote:Operation reset :lol:
And then theres the reality of Losing at home to Bromley.

Don't the years just fly when you are stuck down there in tin pot land.

Its a stinking cesspit of misery down there. I think being hammered by Hayes was our low point.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ElwoodBlues » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:05 pm

Sod the derbies
Hope they are down there longer than Wrexham.

Lots of bigger games and better away days in league 1 and that's what we should be looking forward too.

There's always a chance we could give them a pre season friendly hey they might make the fa cup first round proper and get a plum tie.
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:26 pm

smulls wrote:
Dan wrote:Asante is out of action for NINE MONTHS! That’s a lot of furlough/tax payers money wasted there.

I guess you are laughing at Dan pointing the finger around their abuse of the furlough scheme.

I just wanted to separate Asante’s injury though. It could be a career ender / changer for a promising young player and I for one never want to see that happen to anyone
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Guess what im trying to say is that whilst its funny having your rivals stuck in NL hell for awhile.. Much rather have the derbies back than another glum awayday at forest green or crawley (who wants to remember that?)

I don’t care. Let them play us in The Cup.

If they can manage to qualify for the first round, that is.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
smulls wrote:

I guess you are laughing at Dan pointing the finger around their abuse of the furlough scheme.

I just wanted to separate Asante’s injury though. It could be a career ender / changer for a promising young player and I for one never want to see that happen to anyone

Echo this.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum